- Post Date:October 15, 2022
- Views 37
- Career Level OfficerExperience 3 YearsGender Female
- Industry Health CareQualification Bachelor DegreeSalary As per Organization Salary Scale
- Number of Opportunities 2Vacancy Number ECW-10-22Location Takhar
About Empowerment Center for Women:
Empowerment Center for Women (ECW) is a women-led organization established in 1997 to work for women’s empowerment in Afghanistan. ECW thematically delivers services in Health, Education, Gender justice, Protection, Nutrition, Livelihood and Food security, and organizational development sectors. In addition, ECW has a strong background in Capacity building, Advocacy, Community Outreach, Networking, Accountability, and community-based protection programs. ECW is presently working in Kabul, Zabul, Uruzgan, Kunduz, Takhar, Badakhshan, Baghlan, Balkh, Samangan, Jawzjan, and Bamyan.
The purpose of this position is to lead, plan, coordinate, implement and report on the Mobile Health and Nutrition Team Project (MHNT Project) in Takhar provinces.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Proper Screening/Anthropometric measurement (height, MUAC, weight, age) of all under 5-year-old children
• Recording of Anthropometric measurement/Growth monitoring register
• Conduct appetite test and observation of Appetite test for SAM and MAM children
• Guiding the caregivers and relaying the important messages to them on proper usage of the foods
• Repeat the follow up visit date and time to mothers to ensure they understand.
• Take care of mobile team equipment’s (Measuring board, Scale, Mid Upper Arm Circumference (MUAC) tapes & wooden plate for Scale)
• Filling of Outpatient (OPD)-SAM/MAM/IMCI register books
• Update stock cards of RUTF, RUSF and other Supplementary food (Super Cereal Flour) consumptions;
• Regular update of files (OPD-SAM/MAM treatment Cards, referral sheets from community & follow up
• Regular submission of food distribution report on daily, Weekly and monthly basis
• Growth monitoring of all U2 year children and using relevant tools for measuring
• Optimal IYCF and maternal nutrition counselling of all caregivers and nutrition education sessions
• Planning, organizing and giving Nutrition education to caregivers of children receiving nutrition services
• Giving IYCF specific counseling to U2 children’s’ mothers
• Focus group discussion between group of mothers of well-nourished children and malnourished children
• Meeting with community elders for community awareness and sensitization
• Conducting food demonstration sessions in community
• Giving specific counseling to the mothers of SAM and MAM children regarding proper complementary feeding in different stages of life
• Counseling to pregnant and lactating women for getting additional food.
• Encouraging mothers to receive Iron Folic Acid (IFA) during lactation and pregnancy.
• Graduated from IHS/CHNP
• Minimum to have two years’ experience working in MHNT
Other skills required:
• Good communication skills
• Able to read, write and speak English language
Interested candidates are requested to send their motivation litter along with their CVs to the attention of following address: [email protected], with a subject line (ECW-10-22),