- Post Date:September 20, 2022
- Views 45
- Career Level OfficerExperience 2 YearsGender Both
- Industry Health CareQualification DiplomaSalary As per Organization Salary Scale
- Number of Opportunities 1Vacancy Number MSF-637Location Kabul
About Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF):
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) Doctors Without Borders) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, healthcare exclusion and natural or man-made disasters to populations in danger in more than 70 countries.
Plan, organise, and evaluate the activities concerning his/her field of action and the team associated, according to MSF values, policies and protocols and universal health standards, in order to warrant the quality and continuity of the health care and the development of the plan of action.
Duties & Responsibilities:
– Carry out the functions and tasks associated to his/her speciality whenever required or needed, in order to optimize the resources, contributing with his/her knowledge and experience
– Implement all the protocols and hygiene procedures, and supervise his/her team follow the same standards, in order to warrant the quality of the care and service in his/her speciality
– Carry out and/or supervise the (decentralized) pharmacy and medical equipment management (drugs orders, follow-up of the stock, storage conditions, inventories, follow-up of expired drugs and their destruction, drugs consumption, etc.)in his or her department, in order to satisfy the needs of material with efficiency and effectiveness
– Carry-out and/or coordinate administrative (exit-paper, transfer-paper, etc.), information and data collection (patient files, forms, statistics, etc.) tasks, and elaborate regular reporting, in order to have updated and reliable information about the day-to-day activity in the project, output/ outcome and support decision-taking
– Give regular feedback to the line manager and report directly any issue or incident
– In order to ensure the coverage of the human resources needs and maintain high standards of quality, organise and coordinate the activities of team supervised (week’s schedule, annual leave, absences, etc.), communicate with the HR Admin department all relevant information in due time, evaluate performance, define and ensure the needs for training
– Perform hands on tasks as part of the team whenever required or needed in order to optimize the resources and to contribute with his/her knowledge and experience
– Participate in monthly reports according to guidelines
– Support the nurses and nurse assistants with nurse activities in the ITFC and ATFC to give a quality of care
– Give on job training to the nurses and nurse assistants about the nurse activities and follow up of the implementation
– Assist the Nurse Activity Manager for preparing the monthly roasters for the nursing and nurse assistance staff
– Assist the Nurse Activity Manager with translations of medical documents in dari and pashtoe and communication to the nursing staff
– Oversee the requesting distribution of nutrition stock and accurately complete the stock management protocols/forms
– Follow up the workplan of nurses and nurse assistants
– Supervising Infection Prevention Control (IPC) adherence of the nursing staff in collaboration with the IPC supervisor.
– Nursing diploma essential
– Proficient user of MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook) essential
– Other experience in similar position essential
– MSF experience desirable
– Paediatric experience desirable
– Malnutrition experience is an advantage
– Dari and Pashtu: oral and written essential
– English: oral and written essential
– FULL TIME / SCHEDULE: 176 HOURS PER MONTH – DUE TO THE NATURE OF THE POSITION THE CANDIDATE MUST BE WILLING AND CAPABLE TO SOMETIMES WORK OUTSIDE REGULAR OFFICE HOURS
– SALARY WILL BE PAID ACCORDING TO THE MSF SALARY GRID
The interested candidates should submit their applications before September 26th, Monday at 3 PM with the CV, motivation letter, including references details and supporting documents (certificates, diplomas, etc.) to Médecins Sans Frontiers, Administration department via:
– E-mail: [email protected]
– In a sealed envelope at Médecins Sans Frontiers / Administration Department / Coordination Office / Qala-e-Fatullah, 3rd street, Kabul, Afghanistan
The reference “Nurse Supervisor” must be stated in the application to be valid. If you do not clearly state the position for which you are applying & attach the required diploma & other supporting documents, your application may not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
MSF does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process. All applications are free for all candidates and no one should require any payment or compensation during the recruitment process. May the candidate be asked for any fee, he/she must report to MSF Administration through the recruitment contact.