- Post Date:September 18, 2022
- Views 69
- Career Level OfficerExperience 2 YearsGender Both
- Industry Health CareQualification DiplomaSalary As per Organization Salary Scale
- Number of Opportunities 1Vacancy Number MSF-636Location Kunduz
About Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF):
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) Doctors Without Borders) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, healthcare exclusion and natural or man-made disasters to populations in danger in more than 70 countries.
– Ensure the preparation of the material and equipment (checking the quantity and quality), in the OT and carry-out the reception, transport of the patient from the preparation room to the OT and ensuring his/her installation for surgery
Duties & Responsibilities:
– Assist the surgeon and anesthetist during the operation, anticipating their needs, in order to facilitate their job and helping throughout the whole process
– Check vital parameters of the patient with the nurse anesthetist
– Organize the patient’s transport and installation from the operating theatre to the recovery room and carry-out and/or supervise all the post-operative activities (used material collection, OT’s cleaning and disinfection, resetting all equipment and material back), in order to prepare the OT for next surgical intervention or any emergency
– Implement and follow-up the hygiene, sterilization, asepsis and disinfection protocols and procedures at all times, in pre, during and post-operative activities, in order to ensure the patient and staff’s safety conditions. i.e. waste containers availability, sharps container, checking no material or needles remain in the surgical towels, placing instruments into soak container, take instruments/linen to sterilization unit, etc.)
– Supervise and train the nurse-aids and cleaners while in the OT in following all appropriate protocols and procedures, in order to ensure the quality of the healthcare given to patients. and train NS where applicable
– Control all equipment and material stock to be used in the OT (carrying out inventories, checking its quality and its functioning, storage conditions, doing follow-up of expired drugs, etc.), in order to ensure an efficient and rationale use of material resources while preventing damage and deterioration
– Carry-out and supervise administrative procedures and documents (check identity of patient and his/her consent for the operation, fill in patients files, forms, statistics, quantitative surgical data collection, etc.), and report any problematic situations and cases arising, in order to have updated and correct information about the day-to-day activity and ensuring proper transfer of information
– Participate in data and reporting
– Intervene in support of other services whenever needed and work particularly in close collaboration with the accident, emergency department and with obstetrics
– Nursing diploma essential
– Operation Theatre certification desirable
– Other experience in similar position desirable
– Dari/Pashtu: oral and written essential
– English: oral and written desirable
WORKING HOURS AND SALARY
Working hours: Full Time 40 hours a week: 5 days a week
Salary: will be paid according to MSF salary grid
The interested candidates should submit their applications before the 30/09/2022 at 5pm with the CV, motivation letter, including references details and with supporting documents (tazkira, certificates, diplomas etc.) to Médecins Sans Frontières, Administration department Kunduz Project via:E-mail < [email protected]
The reference OT Nurse must be stated in the application to be valid, either in the subject line of your email, . If you do not clearly state the position for which you are applying & attach the required diploma & other supporting documents, your application may not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
MSF does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process. All applications are free for all candidates and no one should require any payment or compensation during the recruitment process. May the candidate be asked for any fee, he/she must report to MSF Administration through the recruitment contact.