- Post Date:November 1, 2022
- Views 36
- Career Level OfficerExperience 2 YearsGender Both
- Industry Health CareQualification DiplomaSalary As per Organization Salary Scale
- Number of Opportunities 11Vacancy Number IRW-HRT-006-2022Location Herat
About Islamic Relief Worldwide:
Islamic Relief Worldwide (IRW) is an international, non-profitable, non-governmental humanitarian relief organization with its head quarter in Birmingham, UK. It enjoys consultative status with the Economic and Social Council of the United Nations and is a signatory to the Code of Conduct for International Red Cross and red Crescent Moments and NGOs in Disaster Relief. Islamic Relief has been working in Afghanistan for more than 23 years, providing emergency relief and implementing life-changing development projects for some of the most vulnerable people in the country. Islamic Relief set up our first Afghanistan office in 1999. Since then, IRA continued providing assistances in emergency relief, food security, livelihood, education, health, nutrition, shelter, orphan sponsorship, Ramadan and Qurbani programmes.
Under the Direct Supervision of Project Coordinator, the Incumbent will perform the following Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist the health team led by the project medical doctor in the field visit in the project implementation area to identify those with emergency health needs.
- Take patient history, check vital signs, register, and records the patient details to the registration log and other project documents.
- Apply injections, fluids, and assist the project medical doctor in the proper health protocols in the patient management.
- Conduct awareness sessions to the community to elevate their health education and awareness level to stay protect from different diseases.
- Provide awareness to the right holders in the project area about the importance of prevention from the communicable and non-communicable diseases.
- Speak about topics in the awareness sessions about hygiene, seasonal diseases, prevention from Covid-19 and the importance of all standard preventions from the virus.
- Distribute and disseminate IEC and BCC materials in the health awareness sessions to the participating right holders in the gatherings.
- Refer and consult with the project Medical Doctor about any critical and complicated cases faced in the field.
- Screen and identify vulnerable groups such as women, people with the disabilities, children, old, aged population and individuals with the chronic diseases.
- Facilitates communication and coordinate services between provincial team and faith leaders (IMAMS), community leaders, women leaders and youths for COVID-19 Awareness raising interventions.
- Facilitate environment for listening and discussion of target beneficiaries through one to one meetings, interactive session using IEC materials.
- Ensuring collection of participants’ views and suggestions as feedback and systematically recorded.
- Capture quality photos, quotes, and case studies
- Perform any other task assigned or required.
- Obtained degree in Nursing.
- Minimum 1-2 years’ work experience, particularly in the field of health
- Experience in staff management, public outreach/ counselling, community mobilization, coordination with stakeholders.
- Strong Command on Pashto/Dari
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-ethnic team and take on diverse tasks.
- Working experience in the targeted provinces and familiar with concerned community, geography and culture.
Submission Guidelines: Interested and qualified national candidates should submit a cover letter explaining their motivation and updated CV to the following:
The closing date for accepting applications is 06 November 2022.
Please clearly state the Vacancy Announcement number and title of the position you are applying for in the subject line.
Please note that applications received after the closing date will not be considered and only short-listed candidates will be called for written test/interview.