Non-AML Compliance Assistant Manager
- Post Date:November 5, 2022
- Views 38
- Career Level ManagerExperience 5 YearsGender Both
- Industry BankingQualification Bachelor DegreeSalary As per Organization Salary Scale
- Number of Opportunities 1Vacancy Number HR 02/11/2022Location Kabul
About Afghanistan International Bank:
Afghanistan International Bank (Incorporated in March 2004) is the first private bank in the country promoted by Asian Development Bank (ADB) and some of the prominent business houses of the country headquartered at Kabul. Within 15 years of commencing business the Bank has grown rapidly throughout the country. AIB believes in developing its people through continuous investment in training and giving larger opportunities to those who grow with the bank. With professional management team ensuring high standards of corporate governance and a professional work environment where every manager is committed to train and develop his people is what makes AIB an employer of choice.
This position has been created to make sure the Bank’s expectation regarding regulatory relations (AML/CFT and Sanctions Activities), Monitoring KRIs of the unit are met properly met. In addition, the Manager Regulatory Compliance – Unit will ensure the quality of works in Unit is improved by addressing the problems to relevant management committees/board in bank through Chief Compliance Officer – MRLO.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Communication Work closely and communicate with the all departments and functional leads / teams to provide consultation, expertise and all compliance testing and quality controls for AML/CFT/Sanctions and Non – AML matters as well as key risks in the changing the AML/CFT/Sanctions and Non – AML landscape (e.g. typologies, new circulars, regulations etc…).
2. Technical Support Ensure technical support and advice on AML/CFT/Sanctions and Non-Anti Money Laundering compliance matters are conducted in an effective, timely manner and in line with relevant legislation and regulations.
3. Oversight a. Oversight to ensure regular update on procedures in accordance to the guidelines set by the regulators and relevant laws of Afghanistan.
b. Oversight to ensure implementation of internal and external audit recommendations and suggestions as proposed by the regulators / internal auditor in a timely and effective manner.
c. To ensure a final (approved version) of policies and procedures of the units after final action of HoDs are compiled and saved into repository for the record purposes.
6. Liaison / Coordination To liaise with Head of Departments in the Bank for any changes causing improving of reporting systems (Policies and Procedures) or deficiencies observed. Actions in hand for amendments. The impact of Non-Compliance activities on the bank to be reported through the obligations register to CCO – MRLO.
7. Follow up Follow up with each Head of Department to ensure gaps identified are timely rectified. Visible data to be recorded for audit purposes.
8. MI To manage preparing MIS and present to management compliance committee, on need basis through CCO – MRLO.
9. KRI To manage monitoring of KRIs of the unit.
10. Meetings a. To attend meetings.
b. To held weekly/monthly meeting with staff.
1. Bachelor or higher degree on Economic or Law studies
2. Professional Certification from a recognized association internationally (i.e. ACAMS, CFCS, ICA, CFE…)
1. At least 5 years of experience in General Banking and Compliance Departments
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
1. AML/CFT/Sanctions and Non-AML Skills (i.e. financial services compliance)
2. Branch Banking Knowledge (4 Years or above)
3. Law terminologies
4. Management and leadership
Important Application Information:
AIB is committed to a diverse workforce and encourage all eligible local applicants, irrespective of gender, disability, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply.
Direction for external candidates: To apply click on Apply Now on jobs.af page and apply online by answering the questionnaire. Please note that filling up the questionnaire can be considered as an indirect assessment; please fill it carefully and in accordance to the instructions given in each question.
Failure to comply with above guidelines or sharing incomplete information will lead to disqualification of your application.
Short-listed candidates whose applications respond to the above criteria will be contacted for written test and interview. If you did not receive a response within two weeks after closing date, it means you are not shortlisted
We are highly encouraging qualified and eligible disable candidates to apply.
Afghanistan International Bank (AIB) is an Equal Opportunity Employer