National Senior officer EI- Knowledge Management
- Post Date:December 9, 2022
- Views 25
- Career Level ManagerExperience 4 YearsGender Both
- Industry EnergyQualification Bachelor DegreeSalary As per Organization Salary Scale
- Number of Opportunities 1Vacancy Number NR/KBL/10/22/079Location Kabul
About Agha Khan Foundation:
The Aga Khan Foundation, Afghanistan (AKF (Afg)) is an agency of the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN), a group of international, private, non-denominational development agencies working to improve living conditions and opportunities for people in some of the poorest parts of the developing world. The Network’s organizations have individual mandates that range from the fields of health and education to architecture, rural development and promotion of private-sector enterprise and institutions that seek to empower communities and individuals, usually in disadvantaged circumstances, to improve living conditions and opportunities.
The Aga Khan Foundation (AKF) is a non-denominational international development agency established in 1967 by His Highness the Aga Khan. Its mission is to develop and promote creative solutions to problems that impede social development, primarily in Asia and East Africa. Created as a private, non- profit foundation under Swiss law, it has branches and independent affiliates in 19 countries.
AKF seeks to provide sustainable solutions to long-term problems of poverty, hunger, illiteracy, and ill health. In Afghanistan, AKF works with rural communities in mountainous, remote or resource poor areas to improve quality of life in the areas of natural resource management, market development, governance, education, and health.
This position is vital for meeting need of Economic Inclusion sector for facilitation whereby there is a shift into institution building, networking, and partnership; all these need quality reporting, project proposal development, documentation, cutting edge research etc. This position would be responsible to deliver in all these important areas of Economic Inclusion.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Provide inputs for developing Economic Inclusion [EI] related grant proposals.
• Support EI team on ensuring compliance of EI program implementation with ongoing grants.
• Coordinate with regions and compile information on all EI grant-related deliverables and commitments for timely developing high-quality reports, workplans, and other grant contract requirements
• Document the changes/achievements of the EI activities in all the regions (i.e. facilitate short documentaries – both print and electronics, newsletters, case studies, etc).
• Support in conducting and/or facilitating research/studies on issues concerning EI’s current value chains- cutting edge research on future areas of intervention by EI.
• Coordinate relevant internal and external studies to the regional and national EI teams.
• Contribute time to time in defining the strategic direction of EI.
• Coordinate with the Policy and Partnerships department for meeting donor requirements.
• Represent EI in Multi sector grant proposal development with other AKF sectors and organizations.
• Carry out the responsibilities of the role in a way which reflects AKF’s commitment to protecting children in accordance with the Child Safeguarding Policy.
OCCASIONAL SIGNIFICANT DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Travel to AKF program provinces to work with the provincial field staff.
• Attend regional or national workshops /conferences.
• Any other relevant duties assigned by the supervisor.
DECISION-MAKING & AUTHORITY
• Bachelor’s Degree in economics, management, and relevant sectors.
• Minimum 3 years of experience on knowledge management, donor reporting and proposal development. Experience of program implementation in market development, livelihoods and/or agribusiness will be considered as added advantage.
• Experience and/or a good knowledge of documentation – media release, case studies, short films, newsletters, etc.
• Excellent written and spoken English skills.
• An ability to organise own workload and work without constant supervision for meeting tight deadlines.
• Good understanding and interest to take up research and studies.
REQUIRED CORE COMPETENCIES
• Creativity and Innovation.
• Promoting organizational learning and knowledge sharing.
Interested applicants should submit their CV along with a cover letter to [email protected] no later than 13th December 2022.
• Please quote the Vacancy Number as the Subject of the e-mail when applying.
• No supporting documents (e.g., diplomas, recommendation letters, identification card(s) etc.) are required at this stage.
• Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for further assessment.
• Salary scale: Grade D based on NTA Salary scale.
Aga Khan Foundation Afghanistan recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to equal opportunity and safeguarding of children, beneficiaries, partners, community members and employees in accordance with AKF(Afg)’s safeguarding policy.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Your details and information shared on this advertisement shall remain confidential.