National M&E Officer
- Post Date:December 17, 2022
- Views 39
- Career Level OfficerExperience 3 YearsGender Both
- Industry EnergyQualification Bachelor DegreeSalary As per Organization Salary Scale
- Number of Opportunities 2Vacancy Number NR/KBL/12/22/104Location Kabul
About Agha Khan Foundation:
The Aga Khan Foundation, Afghanistan (AKF (Afg)) is an agency of the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN), a group of international, private, non-denominational development agencies working to improve living conditions and opportunities for people in some of the poorest parts of the developing world. The Network’s organizations have individual mandates that range from the fields of health and education to architecture, rural development and promotion of private-sector enterprise and institutions that seek to empower communities and individuals, usually in disadvantaged circumstances, to improve living conditions and opportunities.
The Aga Khan Foundation (AKF) is a non-denominational international development agency established in 1967 by His Highness the Aga Khan. Its mission is to develop and promote creative solutions to problems that impede social development, primarily in Asia and East Africa. Created as a private, non-profit foundation under Swiss law, it has branches and independent affiliates in 19 countries.
AKF seeks to provide sustainable solutions to long-term problems of poverty, hunger, illiteracy, and ill health. In Afghanistan, AKF works with rural communities in mountainous, remote or resource poor areas to improve quality of life in the areas of natural resource management, market development, governance, education, and health.
These two positions are key and will play vital role in both Economic Inclusion (EI) and Finance Inclusion (FI) in managing a data base of Fl (CBSGs and Clusters) in GEM application, knowledge management and coordinating with regions around teams and will work in guidance and supervision of the National Managers.
Duties & Responsibilities:
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Support the national program teams in managing MIS & other apps, data entry and data updating in GEM, data management, generating reports from GEM, analysis reports, and reporting that will further facilitate program development, planning, communication, and information flow from the field on activity tracking etc.
• Improve, systematize, and coordinate MDP M&E (GRS/AIMS and other Information systems for all regions that can gather information and track the progress of comprehensive ongoing MDP programs for strategic planning and review, implementation tracking, and for management/donor reporting purposes.
• Facilitate Capacity Building of M&E staff of the MDP in the regions and make sure to update the current Information system (GRS/AIMS etc.).
• Conducting regular monitoring visits to regions and districts.
• Undertake systematic data collection, analysis, documentation, and disseminate best practices/Success stories.
• Support regions on market linkages, product & market promotions for products requiring such supports.
• Support in proposals development for new grants relating to Marketing, M&E and Skill development aspects.
• Improve the operational systems, processes, and policies in support of organizations mission — specifically, support better management reporting, information flow and management, project process and organizational planning.
• Coordinates the output and outcome monitoring process in region.
• Facilitate need-based trainings, workshops, exposure visits to the Fl teams on various aspects of the program.
• Provides technical supervision to M&E related issue including the collecting data at the field level.
• To carry out the responsibilities of the role in a way which reflects AKF’s commitment to protecting children in accordance with the Child Safeguarding Policy.
OCCASIONAL SIGNIFICANT DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Undertake other duties and functions as suggested by the supervisor.
DECISION-MAKING & AUTHORITY
• As delegated by supervisor.
• University Degree in Economic, Agriculture, Business Administration, Marketing and Project Management, or a related discipline.
• A minimum of 3 years of experience in the relevant field/s, in M&E including work experience in national and international NGO/INGOs.
• Female candidates with 2 years of experience are encouraged to apply.
• Good knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
• Must be capable of working both individually and as part of a team to undertake tasks in a fast-paced environment.
• Experience and/or a good knowledge of documentation, media release, case studies, short films, newsletters etc.
• Excellent communication skills, and an ability to write & speak well in English and local languages.
• Be able to work under pressure with tight deadlines and prioritize the work.
• Ability to travel to the field regularly.
REQUIRED CORE COMPETENCIES
• Demonstrates commitment to AKF’s mission and to the wider AKDN system. Maintains high ethical standards.
• Conflict management, multitask management, flexibility, and initiative.
Interested applicants should submit their CV along with a cover letter to [email protected] no later than 21 December 2022.
• Please quote the Vacancy Number as the Subject of the e-mail when applying.
• No supporting documents (e.g., diplomas, recommendation letters, identification card(s) etc.) are required at this stage.
• Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for further assessment.
• Salary scale: Grade D, based on NTA Salary scale.
Aga Khan Foundation Afghanistan recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to equal opportunity and safeguarding of children, beneficiaries, partners, community members and employees in accordance with AKF(Afg)’s safeguarding policy.
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Your details and information shared in this advertisement shall remain confidential.