National Coordinator, Gender Equality and Women Empowerment (GEWE)
- Post Date:November 17, 2022
- Views 13
- Career Level OfficerExperience 7 YearsGender Both
- Industry EnergyQualification Bachelor DegreeSalary As per Organization Salary Scale
- Number of Opportunities 1Vacancy Number NR/KBL/11/22/095Location Kabul
About Agha Khan Foundation:
The Aga Khan Foundation, Afghanistan (AKF (Afg)) is an agency of the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN), a group of international, private, non-denominational development agencies working to improve living conditions and opportunities for people in some of the poorest parts of the developing world. The Network’s organizations have individual mandates that range from the fields of health and education to architecture, rural development and promotion of private-sector enterprise and institutions that seek to empower communities and individuals, usually in disadvantaged circumstances, to improve living conditions and opportunities.
The Aga Khan Foundation (AKF) is a non-denominational international development agency established in 1967 by His Highness the Aga Khan. Its mission is to develop and promote creative solutions to problems that impede social development, primarily in Asia and East Africa. Created as a private, non-profit foundation under Swiss law, it has branches and independent affiliates in 19 countries.
AKF seeks to provide sustainable solutions to long-term problems of poverty, hunger, illiteracy, and ill health. In Afghanistan, AKF works with rural communities in mountainous, remote or resource poor areas to improve quality of life in the areas of natural resource management, market development, governance, education, and health.
The National Coordinator, Gender Equality and Women’s Empowerment (GEWE) will be responsible for supporting gender integration across all AKF Afghanistan programmes and operations in accordance with the AKF Afghanistan Gender Equality policy and Gender Equality and Women’s Empowerment strategy, 2022-2025, as well as representing AKF Afghanistan on gender-related agendas with the De-facto Authorities, partners, donors, and AKDN agencies. The National Coordinator, GEWE will work closely with the Programme Manager, GEWE, to: a) mainstream gender across the AKF(Afg) programme portfolio by conducting rapid gender analysis/assessment, using the Gender Equality Marker and score the projects/programmes, collecting gender-sensitive data that is required for programme design, and to coordinate these efforts with Thematic/Sector Leads, Policy and Partnership (P&P) unit, Program Support Unit (PSU), MERL and Finance Team. b) work with the Regional GEWE Coordinators in Badakhshan, Baghlan, Bamyan, and Takhar to ensure the integration of gender equality and women’s empowerment within AKF programme activities and regional offices operations. c) facilitate the Gender Equality scorecard assessment process, lead the GE roadmap planning, and reporting at the country level, and d) collaborate with Program, PSU, and P&P to facilitate the application of Gender Equality markers on all AKF(Afg) projects.
Duties & Responsibilities:
AKF(Afg) Gender Equality and Women’s Empowerment Unit
• Coordinate AKF(Afg) gender equality and women’s empowerment efforts across the programme portfolio, support functions, and regional offices, ensuring relevance/alignment with the AKF(Afg) National Program Framework, GE policy, and GEWE strategy 2022-2025.
• Ensures that gender equality is integrated across all thematic programme areas in accordance with the AKF Afghanistan National programme framework and the Gender equality and women’s empowerment strategy 2021-2025.
• Work closely with the partnership manager, PSU, and thematic sector leads to mobilize resources for women’s empowerment-specific projects to the GEWE unit, as well as other gender-sensitive and gender-transformative programming.
• Lead the development and execution of viable work plans and reports for the GEWE unit in consultation with the Program Manager, GEWE, and Regional Coordinators, GEWE.
• Provide regional coordinators GEWE with the necessary guidance and technical support to develop, execute, and report on the progress of the Yearly Plan of Operation (YPO) for the Gender Equality and Women’s Empowerment (GEWE) program in their respective regions.
• Represent AKF(Afg) at gender-related meetings and forums with the government, donors, partners, and AKDN agencies.
Capacity Building & Knowledge Sharing
• Provide technical support, mentoring and guidance to the AKF(A) Regional GEWE Coordinators, and programme and partnerships team on gender integration and ensuring that gender-responsive projects are designed with a strong focus on women and girls interests and needs. This includes organizing and convening periodic team meetings to consolidate progress, document lessons learned and best practices/approaches.
• Lead the development of gender equality and women’s empowerment-related trainings, including the development of relevant manuals, conducting workshops, and providing hands-on training for gender focal points and other program staff in their respective regions, as needed.
• In close collaboration with HR unit, to develop a concise gender equality training package for newcomers, including staff, consultants, interns, and volunteers, as part of their induction.
Monitoring, Evaluation, Results and Learning
• In collaboration with the MERL unit, work with M&E staff to ensure that data collection is gender-sensitive and that monitoring tools effectively track the implementation of programme commitments, in line with the Gender Equality and Women’s Empowerment Strategy.
• Work closely with the MERL team to ensure that gender equality is integrated into all baseline/endline surveys, evaluations, and research conducted at organization level.
• Together with the Gender Review Team to facilitate the process of Gender Equality scorecard assessment and planning on an annual basis, track the progress, and report on a quarterly basis to AKF Head Office.
• In collaboration with the Programme Manager GEWE, review the concept notes and proposals from the gender lens and ensure that the Project Teams conduct Gender Analysis during design stage and scoring is assigned in line with AKF’s Guidance on Gender Equality Marker.
• Work closely with the PSU, partnership, and thematic programme sectors to facilitate the application of Gender Equality Markers (GEM) on all new projects and ensure that the vetting form is completed for all new submissions.
• Provide suggestions for innovative initiatives that can strengthen AKF(Afg)’s programming work in promoting gender equality and women’s empowerment.
• Participate in the projects’ inception workshops and ensure the inclusion of all gender equality aspects in the project implementation plans
• Work together with the thematic units to ensure practical measures are in place for programme implementation to reach out to female beneficiaries in a meaningful and safe way.
OCCASIONAL SIGNIFICANT DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Represent AKF Afghanistan in internal and external events, when and as identified by the Program Manager GEWE and AKF(Afg) Program Director.
DECISION-MAKING & AUTHORITY
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in law, sociology, gender studies, or development studies.
• Demonstrated experience leading and coaching on gender equality mainstreaming within an organization
• At least 7 years’ work experience in related field with national and international organizations.
• Ability to manage work alone and with the team.
• Demonstrated experience in Report Writing in English and one of National/Local Languages (Dari or Pashto.
• Good computer knowledge of MS Office Packages.
• Strong Communication, Problem Solving, Teamwork, Leadership and Management Skills.
• Willingness to live, work and travel in conflict zone.
• Google Data Analytics Professional Certificate (Preferred).
REQUIRED CORE COMPETENCIES
• Strong analytical, communications, facilitation, and presentation skills.
• Sensitive to religious, cultural and gender issues in the Afghan context.
• Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
• Have the necessary knowledge and skills in resource mobilization in the non-profit sector.
• Strong sense of personal initiative and problem-solving skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with others in ambiguous contexts.
• Ability to critically analyse and provide constructive recommendations.
Interested applicants should submit their CV along with a cover letter to [email protected] no later than 30th November 2022.
• Please quote the Vacancy Number as the Subject of the e-mail when applying.
• No supporting documents (e.g., diplomas, recommendation letters, identification card(s) etc.) are required at this stage.
• Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for further assessment.
• Salary scale: Grade C based on NTA Salary scale.
Aga Khan Foundation Afghanistan recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to equal opportunity and safeguarding of children, beneficiaries, partners, community members and employees in accordance with AKF(Afg)’s safeguarding policy.
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Your details and information shared on this advertisement shall remain confidential.