Monitoring & Evaluation Officer
- Post Date:September 21, 2022
- Apply Before: October 5, 2022
- Views 19
- Career Level OfficerExperience Less than 1 YearGender Both
- Industry ConstructionQualification Bachelor DegreeSalary As per Organization Salary Scale
- Number of Opportunities 1Vacancy Number 5996Location Kabul
About UNDP/ Afghanistan :
UNDP is the leading United Nations organization fighting to end the injustice of poverty, inequality, and climate change. Working with our broad network of experts and partners in 170 countries, we help nations build integrated, lasting solutions for people and the planet. UNDP has been working in Afghanistan for more than 50 years on climate change and resilience, gender, governance, health, livelihoods, and the rule of law. Under the broader framework of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and in close coordination with other UN agencies, UNDP supports the Afghan people’s aspiration for peace, prosperity, and sustainability
The political change of 15 of August has created new conditions, subsequent international sanctions, and a sudden stop of international aid flows. Since the takeover of the Taliban, the Afghan civil society has suffered greatly from the dire economic, social and political situation. Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) and Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) play a vital role in promoting development, providing inclusive and critical basic services, strengthening local community action and ownership, and responding in swift and flexible ways to the needs of the population in Afghanistan. NGOs provide a critical voice for Afghans, are a pathway to expedited and targeted service delivery, and enhance social cohesion and local ownership of the development process, both vital to sustainability and security. Specifically, CSOs and NGOs are particularly important for delivering services to Afghan girls and women
The proposed project (Capacity Support for NGOs and CSOs in Afghanistan) aims to support NGOs/CSOs in the short to medium term and enhance their capacities to strengthen local networks, empower, and integrate community members, especially the most vulnerable, including women and girls.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The incumbent will undertake the following to ensure the success of the project:
1. Tackling reporting responsibilities and meeting different programme’s reporting requirement at different stakeholder’s levels
2. Develop Monitoring & Evaluation Strategy/ system and relevant guidelines for tracking Novel Financing for Sustaining Essential Service Delivery Project achievements and outcomes and take lead to implement it;
3. Keep liaison with different stakeholders and Programme Management Unit to ensure the design and implementation of the M&E is made in collaboration with all relevant actors.
4. Contribute and develop planning exercises to meet different implementation levels.
5. Follow up and coordinate any external supervision and evaluation, audit missions.
Tackling reporting responsibilities and meeting different programme’s reporting requirement at different stakeholder’s levels
• Provide the Project Manager with timely, efficient, effective, and relevant progress reports
• Report monthly, quarterly, semi Annually and annual on all activities to the Project Manger.
• Prepare quarterly Reports on all components, following donor’s guidelines and agreed formats.
• Closely coordinate with the Project team members to collect their quarterly progress reports on the Project implementation and development. Develop Monitoring and Evaluation reports on the project’s interventions in line with the identified objectives and aimed results.
Develop Monitoring & Evaluation Strategy/ system and relevant guidelines for tracking Novel Financing for Sustaining Essential Service Delivery Project achievements and outcomes and take lead to implement it
• Monitor and Evaluate interventions, following the approved main M&E reference documents (M&E Manual, Result Chain, project document, etc.).
• Monitor and evaluate overall progress on achievement of results.
• Develop SMART and result-oriented impact indicators and guide and coordinate the review of the program results framework.
• Provide inputs, information and statistics for any other relevant monitoring or reporting exercise to management, UNDP or the donor.
• Coordinating across the available components of the project to ensure effective implementation of M&E and Management Information System.
• Monitor all project activities, and progress towards achieving the project output. Ensure all critical risks are identified.
• Conduct capacity assessment of existing monitoring and evaluation system. Give technical comments and suggestions for improvement, when considered convenient.
• Coordinating across the available components of the project to ensure effective implementation of M&E/Management Information System
Keep liaison with different stakeholders and Programme Management Unit to ensure the design and implementation of the M&E is made in collaboration with all relevant actors.
• Effective participation in annual project reviews and planning activities, and assist in preparing relevant reports. Provide top quality Monitoring and evaluation advisory services to the Partner NGOs, and other stakeholders, including coaching partners to forward better utilization of methodology and tools.
• Undertake regular visits to the field to support implementation of M&E and to identify where adaptations might be needed. Contribute to knowledge management, dissemination, and building in close coordination with UNDP and local partner’s staff.
• Provide top quality Monitoring and evaluation advisory services to the Partner NGOs, and other stakeholders.
Contribute and develop planning exercises to meet different implementation levels.
• Develop a M&E plan including indicators with clear baseline and target values, as well as measurement tools
• Contribute to the development of the Annual Work Plan, ensuring alignment with strategy, agreement on annual targets and inclusion of M&E activities in the work plan.
• Prepare Detailed M&E budget.
• Prepare calendar of M&E activities, including the implementation of all needed M&E tools, such us: students’ surveys, Focus Group Discussions, structured interviews and other data collection tools.
Follow up and coordinate any external supervision and evaluation, audit missions.
• Facilitate, act as resource person, and join if required any external supervision and evaluation/audit missions.
• Coordinate external impact evaluations, as well as focus groups with beneficiaries and counterparts to determine impact of program activities on targeted beneficiaries.
4. Institutional Arrangement
Under the guidance of the Programme Manager and direct supervision of the Programme Management Specialist, the M&E Specialist will undertake assigned functions to ensure that the key results are shown in the different programme’s reporting requirement, smooth running of monitoring and reporting, and success in programme strategies implementation.
Complete the Competencies section for each set of competencies as follows:
• Core – applicable to all personnel. Select the relevant level for each competency based on the required behaviours.
• People Management – if the personnel has people management responsibilities, insert the standard text with the link to the people management competencies list.
• Cross-functional & Technical : Insert up to 7 competencies from the approved UNDP Cross-functional & Technical competencies list uploaded on the the competency framework site.
Min. Education requirements Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Social/ Political Sciences, Development studies, M&E or any other related field.
Min. years of relevant work experience Minimum of five (05) years with Master’s or seven (07) years with bachelor Degree of relevant experience in Social/Political science, development studies, management or any other related field, including solid experience in Results-Based Management including planning, monitoring, evaluation and reporting.
Required skills • Proven experience in coordinating and supporting Result Based Management (RBM) including annual work-planning and reporting exercises
• Experience in managing internal systems for effective and efficient project monitoring and reporting, both internal and for CSOs/NGOs.
• Experience Working with Afghan CSOs is required;
• Demonstrated extensive experience in working with grassroots organization, media and civil society is required;
• Proficient use of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) and internet is required
• Solid experience in developing results frameworks and Theory of Change, and M&E plans for development projects.
• Demonstrated experience working with monitoring and evaluation of development projects/ programme, including lessons learned.
• Experience in reviewing and drafting project reports
• Solid experience in implementation and coordination of interventions at the sub – national level.
• Experience in the implementation of community – based internventions is an asset
Desired skills in addition to the competencies covered in the Competencies section • Earlier experience with UN and International organizations will be preferred.
• Experience in monitoring and evaluation is an asset;
• Experience in working with communities is an asset;
• Experience in working with international organization or international community is an asset.
• Prior UNDP experience and familiarity with its policies and procedures, particularly in the applicable job area, is an added advantage.
Required Language(s) • Excellent writing and speaking skills in English are required;
• Fluency in Pashtu or Dari is required
Professional Certificates If required for specific services. For example: ACCA, CIPS, CISCO, etc.
a) Personal CV or P11, indicating all past positions held and their main underlying functions, their durations (month/year), the qualifications, as well as the contact details (email and telephone number) of the Candidate, and at least three (3) the most recent professional references of previous supervisors. References may also include peers.
b) A cover letter (maximum length: 1 page) indicating why the candidate considers him-/herself to be suitable for the position.
c) Managers may ask (ad hoc) for any other materials relevant to pre-assessing the relevance of their experience, such as reports, presentations, publications, campaigns or other materials.