Monetary Policy Economist
- Post Date:October 31, 2022
- Views 48
- Career Level OfficerExperience 7 YearsGender Both
- Industry FinanceQualification Master’s DegreeSalary 2900 - 3000 USD monthly
- Number of Opportunities 1Vacancy Number 0536Location Kabul
About Moore Afghanistan :
At Moore, our purpose is to help people thrive – our clients, our people and the communities they live and work in. We’re a global accounting and advisory family of over 30,000 people across more than 260 independent firms and 110 countries, connecting and collaborating to take care of your needs – local, national and international. When you work with Moore firms, you’ll work with people who care deeply about your success and who have the drive and dedication to deliver results for you and your business. You’ll have greater access to senior expertise than with many firms. We’ll be here for you whenever you need us – to help you see through the maze of information, to guide you in your decisions and to make sure you take advantage of every opportunity. To help you thrive in a changing world.
Scope of work
The national consultant (Monetary Policy Economist) is expected to provide high quality technical advice on monetary policy issues including exchange rate policies, banking supervision, aggregate targeting and overall monetary management of the Afghan economy. The consultant will also be required to facilitate, within the purview of limited and unofficial engagement, implementation of relevant DAB priorities and conduct thematic analysis of macroeconomic policies and trends in Afghanistan and will produce and present policy notes and briefs to DAB and UNDP Policy Unit and contributes to working and economic papers on Afghanistan development issues.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The UNDP Afghanistan aims to hire a Monetary Policy Economist who will assist UNDP and its financial sector stakeholders in the private sector in exploring innovative ways and solutions to address the banking system restrictions. The Monetary Policy Economist will be responsible for below listed tasks although additional relevant tasks maybe undertaken as determined by the UNDP:
1. Undertake a literature review and conduct research to provide policy advice and technical assistance on monetary policy design, execution and analysis, financial markets regulation and management
2. Review the most recent and current policies and regulations and provide practical recommendations for improved monetary policy design and management
3. Engage the technical representatives of the relevant stakeholders on banking supervision, monetary management, research and publication departments and others
4. Collect and analyze macro-financial and monetary economics data
5. Prepare ad-hoc policy briefs, research papers as needed and deliver short seminars/lectures on basic monetary and exchange rate policies for select audience and beneficiaries for the purpose of capacity building, whenever needed.
6. Engage in and facilitate a policy dialogue on monetary policy issues with relevant stakeholders.
7. Contribute to the development of policy and strategy documents, training materials, regulation manuals etc as required
8. Establish and develop working relationships with all financial sector stakeholders particularly, private banks, donor agencies and the private sector.
9. Any other task allocated by UNDP.
10. The expert will plan and execute their action plans under the supervision of UNDP Policy Unit Head or his/her designee.
• Knowledge/experience of monetary policy, monetary policy operations and instruments, foreign exchange operations, exchange rate regimes, and foreign exchange regulations,
• Experience at the DAB is preferred.
• Excellent written and oral English skills a necessary requirement.
• Excellent spoken and verbal skills of Pashto and/or Dari languages required.
• Corporate Responsibility & Direction:
o Serves and promotes the vision, mission, values, and strategic goals of the UNDP & Stakeholders.
o Managing for Results:
o Plans and prioritizes work activities to meet the goals set by the Supervisor;
o Strategic approach to problem solving.
• Partnering & Networking:
o Builds and sustains relationships with key constituents (internal/external/bilateral/ multilateral/public/private/academia/civil society);
o Seeks and applies knowledge, information, and best practices from within and outside of Afghanistan and UNDP;
o Demonstrates ability to handle working relationships with senior officials, academics and technical experts.
• Innovation & Judgment:
o Conceptualizes and analyses problems to identify key issues, underlying problems, and how they relate;
o Generates creative, practical approaches to overcome challenging situations;
o Devises new systems and processes, and modifies existing ones, to support innovative behaviors.
o Demonstrates outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
Master’s degree or equivalent in Economics, Finance, or related fields. PhD is desirable
Qualified candidates should submit their details, Resume and Cover Letter through our AHG portal linked with Jobs.af and copied below: