- Post Date:December 17, 2022
- Views 36
- Career Level OfficerExperience 6 YearsGender Both
- Industry EnergyQualification Master’s DegreeSalary 63000 - 63876 AFN monthly
- Number of Opportunities 1Vacancy Number AD#AF 301/22Location Kabul
About BRAC Afghanistan:
BRAC International is a leading nonprofit organisation with a mission to empower people and communities in situations of poverty, illiteracy, disease, and social injustice. Our approach is grounded in the conviction that people living in vulnerable situations can be agents of change if they are empowered with the tools, skills, and hope they need to change their lives. We design proven, scalable solutions that equip people with the support and confidence they need to achieve their potential. BRAC’s institutional expertise on successfully implemented programmes is applied across 10 countries, touching the lives of over 130 million people, where our models are adapted according to the country’s context.
In 2022, the Mastercard Foundation in partnership with BRAC International (BI) will be announcing an initiative that will create positive and measurable impact for 1.2 million adolescent girls and young women and 9.5 million people across seven countries in East and West Africa, including Ghana, Kenya, Liberia, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, Tanzania, and Uganda.
The MIS Manager under the M&E department Standard Operating Procedures will lead the MIS activities of the . He/She will understand the data requirement and will ensure integrity and transparency in delivery of MIS activities as well as reporting. He/She will collect, compile, aggregate, maintain data and records, analyses and report. He/She will ensure the quality and updated data of the project is available in the MIS system, as per the project’s outputs, KPIs and indicators, prepare MIS reports for stakeholders and donor reports. He/She will provide analysis reports for the management team for their decision making. The incumbent will provide staff with constructive feedback and comments to improve the quality of implementation and MIS/record keeping system. He/She will closely work with project staff on the activities and will guide, manage and coordinate the project MIS data collection and management operations at the field levels. He/she will comply with the BRAC Afghanistan safeguarding policies. The incumbent is the key technical staff in the
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Understand the project activities, outputs, outcomes and the indicators
2. Establish comprehensive MIS system for the project using the latest data management technology and application.
3. To Ensure the MIS system is updated and provides accurate information and reports on a regular basis.
4. Prepare MIS plan, data collection tools and data analysis system
5. Ensure regular data collection of project, as well as ensure quality of the data by random verification validation and cross checking
6. Supervise the field staff and data collectors and manage their day today activities
7. Provide technical support and evidence based recommendation to the MIS Coordinators/project staff.
8. Make sure the MIS database is regularly updated with data accuracy, consistency and produce monthly, quarterly and need base reports.
9. Assist the Management team for preparing donor reports, country updates, and BI-MIS datasheets
10. Prepare and submit the summary and analysis report as per project activities to Compliance Manager for his quarterly report writing at the end of each quarter.
11. Regular follow up and provide constructive feedback to MIS/M&E/project staff at the field level to improve the project implementation, data collection, management and reporting.
12. Provide capacity building to the field MIS staff to collect quality, accurate and precise data
13. Carry out field visits covering all project activities and debrief the MIS field staff, implementation managers over areas of data improvement rigorously.
14. Ensure accountability at all levels of implementation including communication of complaints and response reciprocally between project and beneficiary community.
15. Ensure data integrity, quality of products as well as delivery to the beneficiaries.
16. Contribute to and support the M&E Manager and Team Leader in update MIS data, project progress reports and reports to the donor
17. Ensure the safety of team members from any harm, abuse, neglect, harassment and exploitation to achieve the programme’s goals on safeguarding implementation. Act as a key source of support, guidance and expertise on safeguarding for establishing a safe working environment.
18. Practice, promote and endorse the issues of BRAC safeguarding policy among team members and ensure the implementation of safeguarding standards in every course of action.
19. Comply with the BRAC data and information protection and dissemination policy
20. Attend coordination meetings with project staff and come up with proposals that can support the efficient delivery of services for the target community.
21. Comply with the BRAC MIS/M&E SOPs and guidelines
22. Perform any other tasks assigned by the supervisor
23. Ensure the safety of team members from any harm, abuse, neglect, harassment and exploitation to achieve the programme’s goals on safeguarding implementation. Act as a key source of support, guidance and expertise on safeguarding for establishing a safe working environment.
24. Practice, promote and endorse the issues of safeguarding policy among team members and ensure the implementation of safeguarding standards in every course of action.
25.Follow the safeguarding reporting procedure in case any reportable incident takes place, encourage others to do so.
- Minimum 4-6 years’ relevant experience in the areas of developing and maintain information management system (MIS) and reporting, especially in the grass root level, data integrity, validity and Coordination, Community Mobilization, and Community Development projects.
- Experience with the humanitarian response actions, livelihood improvement, women economic empowerment, business development and community-driven development is desirable.
- Experience in NFIs or FIs distribution monitoring
Demonstrated experience of assessing progress and sustainability of projects/programmes of identifying timely corrective actions
- Ability and skills to advanced data management Softwares, database and web application development and digitized data collection and management (KOBO Toolbox, ODK, Google Forms/sheets, MS Access, SQL, Excel database, etc.)
- MIS/Database administration and maintenance.
- Data analysis using SPSS, STATA, Excel, etc.
- Good organizational, communication, interpersonal, and team skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and time management skills.
- Fluency in English, Pashto and Dari, both written and spoken
- Familiar with report writing and planning
- Honest, proactive, and well mannered.
- Training and capacity building skills in various data collection and management methods
· Demonstrated experience of building and maintain a reliable MIS database on
the status of project implementation and delivery
- Experience of working in teams and coordinating with project/Programme personnel located in distant offices
Demonstrated experience in capturing learning and documenting knowledgea
Interested candidates are requested to send their application (complete C.V along with a cover letter and reference information) to Human Resource Department, BRAC Afghanistan,
To apply please click on the below: https://www.jobs.af/jobs/mis-manager-8
Only complete applications will be accepted and short listed candidates will be contacted.
BRAC is committed to safeguard children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment. Therefore, our hiring process includes extensive background checks and a criminal records disclosure to ensure safeguarding and to prevent harassment and abuse
BRAC is an equal opportunities employer
Female are highly encouraged to apply.
If you have any difficulties to apply for this job please contact to jobs.af technical team through WhatsApp 0773020100