- Post Date:October 15, 2022
- Views 47
- Career Level OfficerExperience 5 YearsGender Female
- Industry Health CareQualification Bachelor DegreeSalary As per Organization Salary Scale
- Number of Opportunities 2Vacancy Number ECW-09-22Location Takhar
About Empowerment Center for Women:
Empowerment Center for Women (ECW) is a women-led organization established in 1997 to work for women’s empowerment in Afghanistan. ECW thematically delivers services in Health, Education, Gender justice, Protection, Nutrition, Livelihood and Food security, and organizational development sectors. In addition, ECW has a strong background in Capacity building, Advocacy, Community Outreach, Networking, Accountability, and community-based protection programs. ECW is presently working in Kabul, Zabul, Uruzgan, Kunduz, Takhar, Badakhshan, Baghlan, Balkh, Samangan, Jawzjan, and Bamyan.
The purpose of this position is to lead, plan, coordinate, implement and report on the Mobile Health and Nutrition Team Project (MHNT Project) in Takhar provinces.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Infant and Young Child Feeding (IYCF) and maternal nutrition Counseling of all mothers with a special focus on Pregnant and lactating mothers/women
• Giving Nutrition education to pregnant and lactating mothers of children receiving nutrition services
• Giving IYCF specific counseling to U2 children’s’ mothers
• Focus group discussion between group of mothers of well-nourished children and malnourished children
• Meeting with community elders for community awareness and sensitization
• Conducting food demonstration sessions in community
• Giving specific counseling to the mothers of SAM and MAM children regarding proper complementary feeding in different stages of life
• Counseling to pregnant and lactating women for getting additional food.
• Encouraging mothers to receive Iron Folic Acid (IFA) during lactation and pregnancy.
• Support the Nutrition Officer in conduction all other nutrition activities such as Growth monitoring of all U2 year children and screening of children under five for acute malnutrition.
• Graduated from CME/IHS.
• Minimum to have two years’ experience working in MHNT
Other skills required:
• Good communication skills
• Able to read, write and speak English language
Interested candidates are requested to send their motivation litter along with their CVs to the attention of following address: [email protected], with a subject line (ECW-09-22),