- Post Date:September 12, 2022
- Views 36
- Career Level ManagerExperience 2 YearsGender Female
- Industry Health CareQualification Bachelor DegreeSalary As per Organization Salary Scale
- Number of Opportunities 1Vacancy Number 0249-09-2022-IMC-KBLLocation Balkh
About International Medical Corps:
International Medical Corps (IMC) is a global humanitarian nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief programs. IMC is carrying out medical relief services in several provinces of Afghanistan
The Mental Health and Psycho-Social worker will closely work with beneficiaries, families, and communities to provide psychological and social facilitation and consultation for beneficiaries of the project and to provide appropriate psychosocial sessions to identified persons or households in need, including children through family groups and individuals. he/she provides emotional support and guidance to parents who are facing difficulties in parenting their children.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities listed are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
- Provide mental health and psychosocial support as part of Mobile health teams.
- Provide mental health case management services,
- Provide Basic and Scalable MHPSS interventions and counselling
- Identify, establish, and strengthen referral pathways for clients to ensure they are linked to needed services
- Provide individual and group psychosocial support sessions.
- Help people to cope better and enhance their resilience in their everyday life.
- Help beneficiaries to resume their normal lives and mental well-being.
- Meet community-identified mental health needs through comprehensive Mental Health Case Management.
- Provide trainings on referrals to MHPSS services in the supported centres.
- Provide awareness sessions on services available and facilitate referrals
- Prepare, and deliver trainings for the purposes of capacity-building on psychosocial support, including PFA and case management trainings, where appropriate
- Liaise with general practitioners, psychiatrists, psychologists, and other healthcare professionals to support clients in need of MHPSS through the referral, diagnosis and treatment process
- Participate in capacity building trainings and implementing in the field/ community.
- Conduct other MHPSS-related activities as requested
Safeguarding policy for Staff:
- Respect and follow International Medical Corps Safeguarding policy and never neglect, abuse, harm, and exploit children, young people, and adults at risk,
- Report any actual or suspicious harm to the children and vulnerable adults caused by staff and the program.
- Minimum bachelor’s degree required in a field related to the social sciences, psychology, social work, or counselling, Health/Medical, Midview’s/ Nurses, Education.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in related role, Mobile health teams, Primary health care and
- Desirable: + 1 year of experience working with an INGO
- Strong interpersonal, networking, and communication skills.
- Women are strongly encouraged to apply to improve the effectiveness of our program in the communities where most of the beneficiaries will probably be women.
- Interested people to the captioned field are strongly encouraged to apply, IMC will be providing basics training and supervisions in the relevant filed.
International Medical Corps never asks job applicants for a fee, payment, or other monetary transaction. If you are asked for money in connection with this recruitment, please report to International Medical Corps at the website provided at the end of this document.
Please note that:
- IMC commits to a fair and transparent recruitment procedure.
- IMC will conduct his recruitment on the base of need only.
- Only HR department will contact you during the recruitment process.
- IMC may keep data of your application for its pool of candidate and might propose you other position than the one you applied for based on your qualification.
- Only short-listed candidates whose application responds to the criteria will be contacted & local applicants from the same province are encouraged to apply and will be given priority.
To apply for this vacancy, please use the following link:
If the link above does not work by clicking on it, please copy and paste it in the browser address bar.
Make sure that you have Entered All Education, Work Experiences Details Completely, Accurate & at the end of the application you press Submit.
Preference will be given to local residence applicants.
Website for reporting misconduct: www.InternationalMedicalCorps.ethicspoint.com. Please do not submit your CV or application to this website, it will not be considered for review.