Messenger, GS -1, Kabul, Afghanistan, Fixed-Term, #15781 (Open to Afghan National Only)
- Post Date:November 30, 2022
- Views 43
- Career Level OfficerExperience 2 YearsGender Both
- Industry EnergyQualification Associate DegreeSalary As per Organization Salary Scale
- Number of Opportunities 1Vacancy Number 557600Location Kabul
About UNICEF Afghanistan:
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
The incumbent supports administration section and front office.
Duties & Responsibilities:
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES and DUTIES & TASKS
- Collects and delivers mail, pouches and other communications to and from the post office, government agencies and other institutions.
- Sorts, delivers and picks up mail from various offices on the premises at regular intervals. Keeps records as required.
- Parks materials received for dispatches, affix labels, and insert material in envelopes and franks outgoing mail.
- Operates photocopiers, printers and scanners.
- Responsible for daily cleaning and mopping of Representatives’ office.
- Ensures that there is adequate /spare paper for printing and photocopying.
- Performs other duties, as required.
- In case of problems with the copiers/printers, report admin assistants for calling the service provider.
- Collecting pouches from the Post Office Mailbox and Parcel section.
- Dispatching outgoing and collecting incoming correspondences to and from partner Ministries, Embassies and NGOs.
- Binding of books for office and cash the check from the bank for mini purchasing.
- Responsible for office minor and urgent purchasing.
- Backing up travel assistant by handling part of his work during his leave and accompanying/escorting missions to zone offices.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- Primary education
- A minimum of 1 year of relevant professional experience as messenger.
- Ability to sort out and organize large quantities of material for dispatch.
- Good knowledge of English and local language.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s Core Values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, Accountability and Sustainability (CRITAS) underpin everything we do and how we do it. Get acquainted with Our Values Charter: https://uni.cf/UNICEFValues
UNICEF competencies required for this post are…
(1) Builds and maintains partnerships(2) Demonstrates self-awareness and ethical awareness(3)Drive to achieve results for impact(4)Innovates and embraces change(5) Manages ambiguity and complexity(6)Thinks and acts strategically(7)Works collaboratively with others.
During the recruitment process, we test candidates following the competency framework. Familiarize yourself with our competency framework and its different levels: competency framework here.
UNICEF is here to serve the world’s most disadvantaged children and our global workforce must reflect the diversity of those children. The UNICEF family is committed to include everyone, irrespective of their race/ethnicity, age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, nationality, socio-economic background, or any other personal characteristic.
We offer a wide range of benefits to our staff, including paid parental leave, breastfeeding breaks and reasonable accommodation for persons with disabilities. UNICEF strongly encourages the use of flexible working arrangements.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF is committed to promote the protection and safeguarding of all children. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.