- Post Date:October 15, 2022
- Views 41
- Career Level ManagerExperience 3 YearsGender Both
- Industry Health CareQualification Bachelor DegreeSalary As per Organization Salary Scale
- Number of Opportunities 2Vacancy Number ECW-08-22Location Takhar
About Empowerment Center for Women:
Empowerment Center for Women (ECW) is a women-led organization established in 1997 to work for women’s empowerment in Afghanistan. ECW thematically delivers services in Health, Education, Gender justice, Protection, Nutrition, Livelihood and Food security, and organizational development sectors. In addition, ECW has a strong background in Capacity building, Advocacy, Community Outreach, Networking, Accountability, and community-based protection programs. ECW is presently working in Kabul, Zabul, Uruzgan, Kunduz, Takhar, Badakhshan, Baghlan, Balkh, Samangan, Jawzjan, and Bamyan.
The purpose of this position is to lead, plan, coordinate, implement and report on the Mobile Health and Nutrition Team Project (MHNT Project) in Takhar provinces.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Providing quality health and nutrition services according to MoPH guidelines and standards in order to reduce morbidity and mortality.
• The MD is over all responsible for management of the mobile team and act as supervisor of the team with.
• Physical examination of the patients and history taking of the patients.
• Screening for Acute malnutrition of all sick children and record the measurement of identified SAM and MAM on treatment cards
• Proper Prescription of medicine, Ready to Use Therapeutic Food (RUTF), Ready to Use Supplementary Food (RUSF) and other food.
• Briefing to beneficiaries on how to use the drugs, RUTF, RUSF, other food and when to return for follow up visit.
• Support the nutrition officer on the final decision to refer the complicated cases SAM/MAM or IMCI to the hospital
• Support the nutrition Officer on taking decision when to discharge the SAM/MAM cases from the program.
• Update drugs, RUTF, RUSF and other food consumptions;
• Developing annual and monthly plan with close coordination with relevant provincial DoPH.
• Reviewing and Mapping of villages and communities have poor access to health and nutrition services.
• Ensuring that all team members are properly carrying out their job in the field.
• Proper communication with community elders prior to visiting the village for service delivery.
• Coordination with health shuras regarding determination of the fixed place for conducting mobile services.
• Ensure that all necessary equipment (medicine, therapeutic food, and non-medical supply) are available.
• Develop mobile team schedule and submitting to the line manager/NGO/PPHD.
• Collect accurate nutrition information using HMIS standard formats
• Responsible for aggregating monthly reports of related sections of service delivery point according to HMIS standard formats and submit monthly reports to line manager/NGO/PPHD.
• Graduated from a medical university.
• Minimum to have two years’ experience working in MHNT
Other skills required:
• Good communication skills
• Able to read, write and speak English language
Interested candidates are requested to send their motivation litter along with their CVs to the attention of following address: [email protected], with a subject line (ECW-08-22),