MEDICAL DOCTOR SPECIALIST / ANAESTHERIST
- Post Date:December 13, 2022
- Views 35
- Career Level OfficerExperience 2 YearsGender Both
- Industry Health CareQualification Bachelor DegreeSalary As per Organization Salary Scale
- Number of Opportunities 1Vacancy Number MSF-654Location kunduz
About Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF):
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) Doctors Without Borders) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, healthcare exclusion and natural or man-made disasters to populations in danger in more than 70 countries.
Organize and carry out anesthetic medical activities, according to MSF policies, protocols, and universal hygiene standards and in close collaboration with the surgeon and other medical staff, and increase the knowledge and practical skills of the anesthetic staff through on-the-job training and knowledge transfer in order to ensure the quality of care provided to patients.
Duties & Responsibilities:
– Carry out pre-operative consultations evaluating the risks of operating in collaboration with the surgeon, providing the patient with appropriate information and deciding the type of anaesthetics to be used, in order to ensure the best conditions prior to the surgery. Carry out all anaesthesia-related activities during surgery to ensure safe, adequate anaesthesia (preparing beforehand the drugs, material, and equipment required; Administering and maintaining anaesthetics following the rules of hygiene and asepsis in force; Monitoring patients throughout the intervention)
– Ensure transfer of patients to the recovery room, and full recovery of the patient’s consciousness and setting analgesic protocol
– Advise on Postoperative care in both the Intensive Care Unit and wards with the surgeon, including fluid management, oxygenation monitoring and airway care and chest physiotherapy and mobilization, with a special focus on patient pain relief during the recovery process.
– Implement and supervise hygiene rules, procedures and MSF protocols in OT/recovery, anaesthesia material (decontamination, sterilization, storage conditions, etc.) to ensure the safety and protection of patients and staff.
– Supervise the OT pharmacy (drugs orders, inventories, expired drugs) and ensure OT register, consumptions, and empty phials of narcotics, ensuring adequate stock is maintained..
– Ensure good functioning and maintenance of OT equipment (oxygen extractor, ventilation, equipment, etc.)
– Collaborate with other departments in the project (responding to accident emergency department requests, intervening in support of other services when needed, etc.), and participate in any emergency activity or exploratory mission, in order to support the overall MSF project with his/her expertise and capabilities.
– Ensure proper fulfilment of administrative procedures and documents (fill in of patients files, forms, statistics, database, etc.), and elaborate regular reporting about results, proceedings and problematic situations and cases, in order to have updated and correct information about the day-to-day activity in the project and support decision-making
– Give regular feedback to the line manager and report directly any issue or incident
– In order to ensure the coverage of the human resources needs and maintain high standards of quality, organise and coordinate the activities of the team supervised (week’s schedule, annual leave, absences, etc.), communicate with the HR Admin department all relevant information in due time, evaluate performance, define and ensure the needs for training
– Perform hands-on tasks as part of the team whenever required or needed in order to optimize the resources and to contribute with his/her knowledge and experience
– Participate in monthly reports according to guidelines
– Medical Doctor diploma essential
– Specialized diploma in Anesthesia essential
– Other experience in similar position desirable
– Dari/Pashtu: oral and written essential
– English: oral and written desirable
WORKING HOURS AND SALARY
Working hours: Full Time 40 hours a week: 5 days a week
The interested candidates should submit their applications before the 19/12/2022 with the CV, motivation letter, including references details and with supporting documents (tazkira, certificates, diplomas etc.) to Médecins Sans Frontières, Administration department Kunduz Project via:E-mail < [email protected];
The reference MEDICAL DOCTOR SPECIALIST / ANAESTHERIST must be stated in the application to be valid, either in the subject line of your email, . If you do not clearly state the position for which you are applying & attach the required diploma & other supporting documents, your application may not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
MSF does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process. All applications are free for all candidates and no one should require any payment or compensation during the recruitment process. May the candidate be asked for any fee, he/she must report to MSF Administration through the recruitment contact.