Medical Doctor (Samangan)
- Post Date:December 21, 2022
- Views 40
- Career Level OfficerExperience 3 YearsGender Both
- Industry Health CareQualification CertificateSalary As per Organization Salary Scale
- Number of Opportunities 10Vacancy Number IRW-BLK-023-2022Location Samangan
About Islamic Relief Worldwide:
Islamic Relief Worldwide – Afghanistan Country Office (IRW) is an international non-profitable Non-governmental humanitarian relief organization with its headquarter in UK-Birmingham. It enjoys consultative status with the Economic and Social Council of the United Nations. It is a signatory to the Code of Conduct for the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Moments and NGOs in Disaster Relief. IRA started its humanitarian activities for Afghan Refugees in Pakistan and Afghan people inside since then; IRA continued assisting in emergency relief, food security, women empowerment, girl education, orphan sponsorship, health, emergency education, shelter, Ramadan, and Qurbani programs.
Under the Direct Supervision of Project Coordinator, the Incumbent will perform the following Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties & Responsibilities:
- The MD is the main lead of the mobile health team in the province.
- The MD will be responsible for screening, and treatment of the children with heath needs and patients of the project.
- The MD will conduct visits to the field on a regular basis as scheduled to provide treatment to the target beneficiaries of the project.
- The MD will provide prescriptions to the patients and advise and educate the patient about the doses and possible side effects of the drugs to the patient.
- The MD will be responsible to triaged complicated and chronic patients to public healthcare providers.
- He/she will also be responsible for providing a formal referral sheet to the referred patients, so they are accepted in those healthcare facilities.
- The position will be responsible to coordinate and agree on a referral mechanism with IRA and secondary or tertiary healthcare providers in the province.
- Patient registration in the log as per their date of visit and check-up by the mobile health team.
- Providing monthly medicine consumption report to the project coordinator
- Track the in and out inventory of the medicine and other disposables in the project.
- Providing the HMIS and other donor and organizational reporting of the project on timely bases.
- Works collaboratively and effectively within a team, to increase the community awareness on the importance of prevention from communicable and non-communicable diseases including COVID-19
- Facilitates communication and coordinate services between provincial team and faith leaders (IMAMS), community leaders, women leaders and youths.
- Perform any other task assigned or required.
- Medical Degree from Recognized Medical University
- Minimum 2-3 years’ work experience, particularly in the field of health and patient treatment with INGO, Public Hospitals, or other prominent organization
- Experience in staff management, public outreach/ counselling, community mobilization, coordination with stakeholders.
- Strong Command on Pashto/Dari
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-ethnic team and take on diverse tasks.
- Working experience in the targeted provinces’ Villages (Dara-e Sofi Bala & Aybak Villages) and familiar with concerned community, geography and culture.
- Aybak Villages & Dara-e Sofi Bala District
Interested and qualified national candidates should submit a cover letter explaining their motivation and updated CV by clicking (Apply Now) option at the top, right corner of this page.
The closing date for accepting applications is 28 Dec 2022.
Please clearly state the Vacancy Announcement number and title of the position in your job application.
Please note that applications received after the closing date will not be considered and only short-listed candidates will be called for an interview.