Medical Doctor/Nurse, BMGF Projec
- Post Date:December 19, 2022
- Views 29
- Career Level OfficerExperience 2 YearsGender Both
- Industry Health CareQualification Bachelor DegreeSalary As per Organization Salary Scale
- Number of Opportunities 2Vacancy Number TKR/012/22/66Location Takhar
About Agha Khan Foundation:
The Aga Khan Foundation, Afghanistan (AKF (Afg)) is an agency of the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN), a group of international, private, non-denominational development agencies working to improve living conditions and opportunities for people in some of the poorest parts of the developing world. The Network’s organizations have individual mandates that range from the fields of health and education to architecture, rural development and promotion of private-sector enterprise and institutions that seek to empower communities and individuals, usually in disadvantaged circumstances, to improve living conditions and opportunities.
The Aga Khan Foundation (AKF) is a non-denominational international development agency established in 1967 by His Highness the Aga Khan. Its mission is to develop and promote creative solutions to problems that impede social development, primarily in Asia and East Africa. Created as a private, non- profit foundation under Swiss law, it has branches and independent affiliates in 19 countries.
AKF seeks to provide sustainable solutions to long-term problems of poverty, hunger, illiteracy, and ill health. In Afghanistan, AKF works with rural communities in mountainous, remote or resource poor areas to improve quality of life in the areas of natural resource management, market development, governance, education, and health.
Medical doctor in this position is responsible to implementation of health and nutrition services by mobile health team. and produce the required reports of the project on daily, monthly, quarterly and annual bases and submit to the regional coordinator.
Duties & Responsibilities:
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• To diagnose and treat the malnutrition cases including MAM and SAM cases during the provision of Nutrition services in hard to rich areas.
• To advise RUTF and RUSF as per the MoPH/PND guidelines to SAM and MAM cases.
• Refer the complicated MAM and SAM cases to nearby health facilities providing the nutrition services to complicated cases.
• To maintain the reporting tools of Nutrition services developed by the PND for SAM and MAM cases.
• To develop monthly reports of nutrition services and submit them to the Provincial office.
• To maintain good coordination with BPHS health facilities located around the targeted white areas.
• To manage the team working in white areas including midwives, vaccinator, and nurse.
• To participate in the trainings conducted by AKF with regard to the Nutrition and immunization services.
• To develop the monthly work plan to the team on regular bases.
• Comply with AKF policies and practice with respect to child protection, code of conduct, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies and procedures.
• Respect the target communities’ cultures, traditions and costumes.
• Respect all AKF policies, rules and regulations and practice accordingly.
• To do any other task, with the field of competence, as line manager may request.
OCCASIONAL SIGNIFICANT DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Appraise the relevant staff under the director supervision.
• Graduated from Recognized Medical University (MD), or Nurse graduated from recognized intermediate medical institute.
• 2 Years’ experience in BPHS health care services as MD (Clinic In charge) or Nurse as clinic in charge.
• Good computer knowledge of MS Office Packages.
• Very good interpersonal communication skills.
REQUIRED CORE COMPETENCIES
• Attention to details & Technical Skills.
• Good communication skills.
• Writing, Reading and strong listening Skills.
Applicants meeting the above requirements are requested to submit a cover letter along with their CV and the names of three references electronically to [email protected] no later than December 31, 2022 or submit hard copy to AKF Afghanistan, Takhar Regional Office,: PD-1, Sarak-e- Maktab Tajerbawy Sayed Abdurrahman Shaheed, Close to Haji Wazir Hafiz Baik House, Taloqan City, Takhar Province, Afghanistan.
• Please quote the Vacancy Number as the Subject of the e-mail when applying.
• No supporting documents (e.g., diplomas, recommendation letters, identification card(s) etc.) are required at this stage.
• Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for further assessment (Local Residents of Mentioned districts will be preferred).
• Salary scale: According to organization salary scale.
Aga Khan Foundation Afghanistan recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to equal opportunity and safeguarding of children, beneficiaries, partners, community members and employees in accordance with AKF(Afg)’s safeguarding policy.
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Your details and information shared on this advertisement shall remain confidential.