Medical Doctor, Health Mobile Team
- Post Date:October 14, 2022
- Views 42
- Career Level OfficerExperience 4 YearsGender Both
- Industry Health CareQualification Bachelor DegreeSalary As per Organization Salary Scale
- Number of Opportunities 1Vacancy Number TKR/010/22/044Location Takhar
About Agha Khan Foundation:
Agha khan Foundation is an NGO working in different filed
The Aga Khan Foundation, Afghanistan (AKF (Afg)) is an agency of the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN), a group of international, private, non-denominational development agencies working to improve living conditions and opportunities for people in some of the poorest parts of the developing world. The Network’s organizations have individual mandates that range from the
fields of health and education to architecture, rural development and promotion of private-sector enterprise and institutions that seek to empower communities and individuals, usually in disadvantaged circumstances, to improve living conditions and opportunities.
The Aga Khan Foundation (AKF) is a non-denominational international development agency established in 1967 by His Highness the Aga Khan. Its mission is to develop and promote creative solutions to problems that impede social development, primarily in Asia and East Africa. Created as a private, non- profit foundation under Swiss law, it has branches and independent affiliates in 19 countries.
AKF seeks to provide sustainable solutions to long-term problems of poverty, hunger, illiteracy, and ill health. In Afghanistan, AKF works with rural communities in mountainous, remote or resource poor areas to improve quality of life in the areas of natural resource management, market development, governance, education, and health.
The incumbent in this position is responsible to have out reaches to the targeted underserved areas to diagnose and treat the patients attending mobile health care services as well as to manage and supervise the implementation of health and nutrition services by mobile health team. In addition the medical doctor will produce the required reports of the project on daily, monthly, quarterly and annual bases and submit to the regional coordinator.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- To diagnose and treat the patienst attending mobile health team for seeking health and nutrition services.
- To provide in service training and technical support to the mobile health team staff.
- Refer the patients with critical cases to the nearby health facilities.
- Monitoring and supervision of mobile health team.
- Develop the annual plan and submit to regional coordinator for further process and approval.
- Actively participation in EPI, TB and nutrition interventions and other community-based health interventions.
- To properly develop and enter the treatment history of the patients in standard templates of the MoPH.
- To compile the standard MoPH templates for developing of monthly, quarterly, semiannual and annual reports.
- To have close coordination with the community elders and related health facilities in implementation of the mobile health services.
- To produce the requests for the required drugs and equipment for mobile health services.
- To manage the overall services, deliver by the staff of mobile health and nutrition team in targeted areas.
- To develop standard schedule for the provision of mobile health and nutrition services in the targeted areas.
- Comply with AKF policies and practice with respect to child protection, code of conduct, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies and procedures.
- Respect the target communities’ cultures, traditions and costumes.
- Respect all AKF policies, rules and regulations and practice accordingly.
OCCASIONAL SIGNIFICANT DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform any other job-related duty assigned by the supervisor.
- Graduated from Recognized Medical University (MD), specialization will be preferred.
- 4 Years’ experience in BPHS health care services as MD (Clinic Incharge).
- Ability to communicate effectively in local languages verbally and in writing.
- Be able to work under pressure with tight deadline.
- Good computer knowledge of MS Office Packages.
- Very good interpersonal communication skills.
- Must be capable of working both individually and as part of a team to undertake tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong Communication, Problem Solving, Teamwork, and coordination Skills.
REQUIRED CORE COMPETENCIES
- Attention to details.
- Good Communication skill.
- To be a good Team Member.
- Honesty in professional working.
Applicants meeting the above requirements are requested to submit a cover letter along with their CV and the names of three references electronically to [email protected] no later than October 22, 2022 or submit hard copy to AKF Afghanistan, Takhar Regional Office,: PD-1, Sarak-e- Maktab Tajerbawy Sayed Abdurrahman Shaheed, Close to Haji Wazir Hafiz Baik House, Taloqan City, Takhar Province, Afghanistan.
Duty Station: Takhar, Chah Ab district
- Please quote the Vacancy Number as the Subject of the e-mail when applying.
- No supporting documents (e.g., diplomas, recommendation letters, identification card(s) etc.) are required at this stage.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for further assessment (Local Residents of Mentioned districts will be preferred)
- Salary scale: according to organization salary scale.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply. Aga Khan Foundation Afghanistan recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to equal opportunity and safeguarding of children, beneficiaries, partners, community members and employees in accordance with AKF(Afg)’s safeguarding policy.
Your details and information shared on this advertisement shall remain confidential.