Medical Doctor/ District Coordinator
- Post Date:September 14, 2022
- Views 78
- Career Level ManagerExperience 3 YearsGender Both
- Industry Health CareQualification Associate DegreeSalary As per Organization Salary Scale
- Number of Opportunities 1Vacancy Number HRM/PMO 45-22Location Panjshir
About Swedish Committee for Afghanistan:
SCA has been working in Afghanistan since 1982 and is presently managing development programmes linked to Strategic Objectives concerning Health, Education and Community-Driven Development. With a total annual, budget of roughly USD 40 million. The total number of staff is around 5,700 of whom 15 are non-Afghans. The SCA presence in Afghanistan consists of the Kabul Management Office (KMO), five Regional Management Offices and two Liaison Offices. In Sweden SCA has 20 staff working at the Stockholm Management Office (SMO) and around 3,500 members organized in local chapters all over the country. In the last 10 years, SCA has undertaken a change process moving from a primarily humanitarian service delivery approach towards more of a developmental role, putting increasing emphasis on capacity development, rights-based programming and outcome orientation. The mission of SCA is to empower individuals, communities and local organizations, primarily in rural areas and with particular focus on women, girls, boys and vulnerable groups such as people with disabilities, so that they may participate fully in society and influence their own development.
Scope of work:
Medical doctor in DC has to carry out key intervention including medical consultation, screening, referral, risk communication, facilitate sampling of COVID 19 suspected cases, coordination between RRT and COVID 19 hospital reporting of surveillance data and other tasks instructed by his/ her line manager.
- Detection and prosecution of suspected patients of COVID 19 and also their registration
- Treatment of positive cases of COVID 19 patient
- Refer of Sevier and critical cases to COVID 19 hospital
- Consulting home quarantine for patients who are in critical condition
- Contact tracing of positive cases
- Organizing public awareness and community participation in preventing and eradicating the COVID 19
- Strengthen the COVID 19 surveillance system
- Transferring Sample to COVID 19 hospital
- Coordination and joint cooperation between emergency response teams and health centers for the detection and eradication of COVID 19 virus
- Mobilize the Community Health Supervisors (CHS) and Health Councils of Health Centers in relation to cooperation with the COVID 19 Patient Detection System
- Participation in coordination meetings (15 days) between teams responding immediately
- Providing quality services 24 hours a day during the project with emphasis on intensive care and detection of patients.
- Ensuring the implementation and application of national protocols and standards, especially COVID 19 guidelines
- Ensuring general hygiene and cleanliness to excellent norms in all areas of the team
- Ensuring the adaptation and handling of waste materials of the mentioned patients in accordance with the national guidelines COVID – 19.
- Ensuring the daily collection of health information
- Ensuring that all the expenses of the mentioned teams are within its budget.
- Ensuring the unification of monthly and quarterly reports of the activities of the mentioned teams.
- Follow up the evolution of the hospitalized/IDP patients, through daily visits, consultations and examinations, prescribing the necessary treatment following SCA protocols, deciding whether they can be discharged or transferred to other departments – in collaboration with other doctors- and informing their family about the patient’s evolution.
- Check and control the rational distribution of medicines and equipment under his/her responsibility and take care the quality, disinfection and sterilization of the medical material. Assure general compliance with standing hygiene standards.
- The Medical Doctors will have to adhere to the strict infection prevention and control guidelines that will be present on the ward in order to ensure that onward transmission of the disease is mitigated.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Be Afghan
- Graduated from recognized Medical Faculty.
- Able to speak in Pashto, Dari and English
- Able to work in the fast pace environment.
- Able to go to the field.
- Having experience of Medical Doctor 2-3 years
- Interested qualified candidates should submit a full CV with a cover letter explaining their motivation in applying for the job and highlighting their relevant skills and experience;
- To apply online please send CV and cover letter through Below email:
- and clearly write the vacancy number and job title in the subject line (Medical Doctor/ District Coordinator HRM/PMO- 45/22). Otherwise, your application will not be considered
- Academic certificates or references need not to be submitted at this time. These will be requested at the time of interview.
- Only short-listed candidates will be invited for written test and interview.