- Post Date:December 19, 2022
- Views 27
- Career Level OfficerExperience 2 YearsGender Both
- Industry Health CareQualification CertificateSalary As per Organization Salary Scale
- Number of Opportunities 1Vacancy Number IRW-037-2022Location Kabul
About Islamic Relief Worldwide :
Islamic Relief Worldwide (IRW) is an international, non-profitable, non-governmental humanitarian relief organization with its head quarter in Birmingham, UK. It enjoys consultative status with the Economic and Social Council of the United Nations and is a signatory to the Code of Conduct for International Red Cross and red Crescent Moments and NGOs in Disaster Relief. Islamic Relief has been working in Afghanistan for more than 23 years, providing emergency relief and implementing life-changing development projects for some of the most vulnerable people in the country. Islamic Relief set up our first Afghanistan office in 1999. Since then, IRA continued providing assistances in emergency relief, food security, livelihood, education, health, nutrition, shelter, orphan sponsorship, Ramadan and Qurbani programmes.
Under the Direct Supervision of Health & Nutrition Coordinator, the Incumbent will perform the following Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties & Responsibilities:
- The MD is the main lead of the Health Service Point (HSP) in the province.
- The MD will be responsible for screening, and treatment of the children with heath needs and patients of the project.
- The MD will conduct visits to the field on a regular basis as scheduled to provide treatment to the target beneficiaries of the project.
- The MD will provide prescriptions to the patients and advise and educate the patient about the doses and possible side effects of the drugs to the patient.
- The MD will be responsible to triaged complicated and chronic patients to public healthcare providers.
- He/she will also be responsible for providing a formal referral sheet to the referred patients, so they are accepted in those healthcare facilities.
- The position will be responsible to coordinate and agree on a referral mechanism with IRA and secondary or tertiary healthcare providers in the province.
- Patient registration in the log as per their date of visit and check-up by the HSP.
- Providing monthly medicine consumption report to the project coordinator
- Track the in and out inventory of the medicine and other disposables in the project.
- Providing the HMIS and other donor and organizational reporting of the project on timely bases.
- Works collaboratively and effectively within a team, to increase the community awareness on the importance of prevention from communicable and non-communicable diseases including COVID-19
- Facilitates communication and coordinate services between provincial team and faith leaders (IMAMS), community leaders, women leaders and youths.
- Perform any other task assigned or required.
Medical Degree from Recognized Medical University
Minimum 2-3 years’ work experience, particularly in the field of health and patient treatment with INGO, Public Hospitals, or other prominent organization
Working experience in the targeted provinces and familiar with concerned community, geography and culture.
Submission Guidelines: Interested and qualified national candidates should submit a cover letter explaining their motivation and updated CV to the following link:
Medical Doctor in Kabul (jobs.af)/apply
The closing date for accepting applications is 29 December 2022.
Please clearly state the Vacancy Announcement number and title of the position you are applying for in the subject line.
Please note that applications received after the closing date will not be considered and only short-listed candidates will be called for an interview.