- Post Date:September 21, 2022
- Views 80
- Career Level OfficerExperience 4 YearsGender Male
- Industry Computer and TechnologyQualification Bachelor DegreeSalary As per Organization Salary Scale
- Number of Opportunities 1Vacancy Number VA# 1172Location Balkh
About Women for Afghan Women (WAW):
Women for Afghan Women (WAW) is a grassroots civil society organization dedicated to protecting and promoting the rights of disenfranchised Afghan women and girls in Afghanistan and New York. In particular, WAW works to help Afghan women and girls exercise their rights to pursue their individual potential to self-determination, and to representation in all areas of life—political, social, cultural, and economic. WAW relentlessly advocates for women’s rights and challenges the norms that underpin gender-based violence to influence attitudes and bring about change.
• Organize and supervise the repair and maintenance Department to improve work quality service and increase productivity in LTS project. Complete properly the Spare Part Request and Job Code forms. Organize and manage the workshop mechanical sections according to standard organogram and based on UNHCR. Establish strong working relation with the senior workshop officer, Senior Store Keeper, WAW and co-workers.
• The position holder will support the LTS Balkh workshop.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Duties will include, but are not limited to:
• Read and understand standard workshop management guideline / tools and system for better functionality of the workshop.
• Ensure the recruitment of mechanics (in collaboration with the HR/area manager and team leaders).
• Organize the working space by allocating areas to mechanical sections with support from responsibilities Section Heads in the workshop.
• Receive the Job Card and annexed diagnosis from the Inspection Officer. Receive a systematic briefing on work to be completed.
• Assign work to the different sections in function of their competencies and of the workload for effective use of human resources.
• Supervise the completion of the Repair and Maintenance work by Mechanical Sections in accordance with the vehicle diagnosis.
• responsible for estimation required Spare Parts for all type of vehicles and generators on timely basis and ensure to store them properly in each provinces/locations.
• Collect parts at the Store Gate following all documentation process/systems, sign, and fill its documents on filling systems accordingly.
• Inform immediately the Senior Workshop Officer/team leader if issued that can influence the quality of the service / another work not identified during the technical reception might be required.
• Support team leader for estimation of required spare parts for store and put PRF for bulk procumbent and ensure storage space is available.
• Hand over the Job Card with annexed documents (including Job Codes and report of hours) to the Senior Workshop Office/team leader, for the completion of the quality control and security test.
• Set-up a procedure to manage tools and equipment in better ways as per requirements of workshop procedures and systems.
• Ensure the availability and proper utilization of tools and equipment to be utilized by the mechanical sections.
• Set-up a procedure to recycle and store old parts in the stores.
• Train mechanics and reinforce their technical and organizational capacities.
• Proven experience as mechanic in any INGOs and big companies.
• Knowledge of store/spare parts management systems and procedures
• Working knowledge of office equipment, like printers and fax machines
• Proficiency in MS Office (MS Excel and MS PowerPoint, in particular)
• Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work
• Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
• High school graduation or Bachelor’s degree/ equivalent, in related professional field.
Interested Afghan applicants should submit Cover Letter along with their CVs in One PDF file explaining their interest and suitability for the position.
Please indicate the vacancy number (VA# 1172 Mechanic/Balkh) clearly in the cover letter and in the subject line of your email and send it to: [email protected]
Note: Kindly avoid sending your educational and work certificates at this stage of recruitment. Applications received after closing date will not be considered.