- Post Date:October 4, 2022
- Views 75
- Career Level OfficerExperience 5 YearsGender Both
- Industry EducationQualification Bachelor DegreeSalary As per Organization Salary Scale
- Number of Opportunities 1Vacancy Number IRW-CO-030-2022Location Kabul
About Islamic Relief Worldwide:
Islamic Relief Worldwide (IRW) is an international, non-profitable, non-governmental humanitarian relief organization with its head quarter in Birmingham, UK. It enjoys consultative status with the Economic and Social Council of the United Nations and is a signatory to the Code of Conduct for International Red Cross and red Crescent Moments and NGOs in Disaster Relief. Islamic Relief has been working in Afghanistan for more than 23 years, providing emergency relief and implementing life-changing development projects for some of the most vulnerable people in the country. Islamic Relief set up our first Afghanistan office in 1999. Since then, IRA continued providing assistances in emergency relief, food security, livelihood, education, health, nutrition, shelter, orphan sponsorship, Ramadan and Qurbani programmes.
Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL)Officer will be responsible for the management of the MEAL system of the Islamic Relief Afghanistan. The MEAL officer will closely work with MEAL Manager/Sr. MEAL Coordinators. The incumbent will monitor, evaluate and establish an accountability framework and collect and disseminate learning as well as coordinate all projects and programs of IR Afghanistan. He will produce quality reports and provide specific recommendations to the Programme team for better implementation of all project activities. Moreover, he also contributes to developing the country’s strategic plan, quarterly and annually project and program plan. He will contribute to develop MEAL plans and frameworks for various projects and programs and implement the MEAL plans according to the IRW’s MEAL framework. Also, he will lead to design and manage surveys, support project teams in designing the needs assessment tools, lead on mid-term evaluation, result monitoring, feedback surveys, PDMs, and evaluation for various projects. The incumbent also contributes to project design and development and maintains relations and networking with multiple program managers, as well as UN organizations, other INGOs and research institutions.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Coordinate data collection and synthesize and analyze quantitative data from the field.
· Update and add to the M&E field guide as necessary
· Synthesize and analyses M&E quantitative data received on a monthly basis regarding student attendance information
· Conduct need assessment, baseline survey, project review, end line survey and impact assessment of the relevant projects as per need and requirement
· Perform spot checks on food and NFI distributions and produce progress monitoring reports
· Conduct PDM of all projects in the target area as well as take part in monitoring and verification of the project right holders
· Assist in creating reports based on quantitative M&E data gathered regarding student attendance
· Assist in creating M&E policies and procedures
· Ensure that the M&E database is up-to-date with all relevant attachments.
· Perform other tasks as assigned by supervisor.
Ensuring Quality and Accountability:
· Facilitate the development of an accountability action plan for each project on the given template and keep track of the progress.
· Establish in setting up community feedback mechanisms and coordinating with the program management to effectively use the information and relevant actions wherever required.
· Establish and maintain a comprehensive complaint handling mechanism according to IRW Complaints policy that fulfils relevant CHS requirements.
· Lead on developing and implementing the accountability training plan for all staff (full-time, casual, and volunteer staff), suppliers, contractors and consultants.
· Strengthen the existing accountability mechanisms at IR Afghanistan and ensure accountability is implemented at the field level, ensuring that all beneficiaries, stakeholders, and community members understand the IR Afghanistan accountability framework, Code of Conduct, and how to access the feedback, reporting, and complaints mechanisms.
· Support and manage IR Afghanistan accountability staff, including the development of a training and capacity building plan and regular field trips to provide technical support and guidance.
· Work closely with the MEAL lead, head of Programme and Programme Managers, coordinators to ensure all sector managers are adequately supported to develop accountability is mainstreamed throughout their programmes;
· Prepare a six-monthly complaint handling analytical report and share it with management
· Work as a CFM focal person and review IRW-complaint handling guidance pack and embedded CFM related questions in all baselines, monitoring, evaluation, and assessment questionnaire.
· Ensure that all staff at all levels understand and promote accountability through training and coaching
· Orient the new staff about the complaint and feedback response mechanism (CRM), and refresher training/orientation on CRM for all staff.
Strengthening Organizational learning
· Establish and maintain a learning system for the IR Afghanistan (organisational learning , project and programme learning)
· Develop and maintain a learning log and ensure learning points are embedded at policy and practice levels
· Participate and contribute to the IRW-MEAL Community of Practice regularly.
· Develop a learning plan and learning tools/methods for all projects, programmes, and organization
· Coordinate with program management to budget and organize lesson leaned workshop regularly.
· Accumulate the learning from various project and prepare complied lesson leaned report.
· Prepare learning sharing tools, guideline and mechanism for the IR Afghanistan
· Support Programme and communications departments in the development of accountability and learning tools and communicate it with the project stakeholders
· Participate in the project design process as a team member to ensure prior internal and external learning, community-based and inclusive needs assessment, and evidence informs project design.
· Ensure to maintain proper MIS system for all project data and learning
· Participate and circulate learnings and best practices in the Global MEAL Community of Practice
· Ensure that the accountability and learning are reflected in the interim and final project reports.
· To disseminate learning reports and study finding with country management.
· Ensure budget utilization for learning capturing and sharing learning at the project and organizational level
· Provide inputs about accountability and learning for new project proposal and the project interim reports submitted to any donor.
· Any other duties assigned by the Management.
- Bachelor development studies, Journalism and mass communication.
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in monitoring and evaluation, research, or impact assessment projects
- Experience working in a variety of humanitarian and development projects
- Knowledge and experience concerning the CHS Verification Framework and humanitarian technical standards
- Sound knowledge of and commitment to participatory approaches to working with communities, and innovative approach to working on these issues with a proven commitment to people empowerment methodologies
- An understanding of gender equity and inclusion and how to integrate principles of gender equity and inclusion into program work
- Knowledge and experience on the accountability and quality standard
- Strong analytical and conceptualization skills and ability to think strategically
- Highly organized with good attention to detail and developed the ability to prioritise multiple tasks to meet tight deadlines
- Excellent program management skills and excellent communication skills – able to communicate and report on technical points, both oral and writing.
- Willing to be accountable for work conducted.
- Communicates honestly, openly, and consistently.
- Shares information appropriately and ensures that team members’ views are freely expressed.
- Familiar with online data collection platforms such as KOBO
- Able to form creative solutions in problem-solving.
- Encourages a positive rather than negative viewpoint.
- Problem-solving skills and self-management.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work sensitively with people from various cultural and social backgrounds.
- Willing to adapt to IRW’s norms and values without compromising personal beliefs and principles.
- Good networking skills and representation.
- Good in written and spoken English.
Desirable Knowledge/experience and skill
- Functional knowledge of statistics and data processing
- Experience in collecting and analysing quantitative and qualitative data
- Experience in integrated programme/community development
- Good working knowledge of Results-Based Management, ToC, Value for money, ‘Not harm’, DRM, Complaints management, ISAC-PSEA Six Core Principles, and report writing.
- Good knowledge of current development and MEAL thinking. Knowledge and experience of technology and technological solutions for MEAL
- Able to work flexible hours when necessary to complete the task.
- Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact, and diplomacy
- Ability to work on one’s initiative and as a part of a team.
- Have a high sense of urgency and a well-developed work ethic
- Applicants should show a good understanding of humanitarian principles and sympathy with Islamic Relief’s values and a commitment to Islamic Relief’s vision and mission.
- Relief & development issues and international affairs, DRR and community development
- Applicable knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, Kobo, PowerPoint, and SPSS.
Interested and qualified national candidates should submit a cover letter explaining their motivation and updated CV to the following:
The closing date for accepting applications is 14 October 2022.
Please clearly state the Vacancy Announcement number and title of the position you are applying for in the subject line.
Please note that applications received after the closing date will not be considered and only short-listed candidates will be called for written test/interview.