Master Teacher Trainer
- Post Date:November 29, 2022
- Views 24
- Career Level OfficerExperience 2 YearsGender Both
- Industry EducationQualification Associate DegreeSalary As per Organization Salary Scale
- Number of Opportunities 1Vacancy Number 35295Location Logar
About IRC (International Rescue Committee):
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity, and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The IRC opened the country program in Afghanistan in 1988. Our programs span the range from humanitarian relief to early recovery and development activities, focusing on child protection, education, economic wellbeing, health, and power. The IRC works in 10 provinces throughout Afghanistan, among which some of the most security volatile, and employs over 1000 staff.
The Master Teacher Trainer will train and support the community teachers in delivering quality classroom instruction, creating a safe and friendly learning environment, and ensuring the desired learning achievements of the students. He/she will work closely with the Community Mobilizer, staff from the nearest MoE schools and in contact with the Education Technical Advisor of Logar main office.
- Using the project teacher training package and approaches, build the professional skills of community teachers in subject knowledge, teaching methods and techniques for successful delivery of the community-based education. He/she will spend 80% of his/her work time in the field.
- Monitor and evaluate students’ learning achievements; assist in the administration of the student learning achievement tests.
- Deliver the training programs and preparing training materials for teachers according to the program needs.
- Provide regular in-classroom support to teachers to support them in practicing the learning gained from the trainings, create a friendly learning environment for students and overall teaching quality improvement.
- Work with community members in identifying non-formal education needs, assuring the community cooperation with the program and their participation in the School Shuras/ Reintegration Committees.
- Conduct campaigns and trainings with close collaboration with Community Mobilizer for raising awareness about gender, especially for improvement of female education and their further participation in education.
- Conduct Extra-Curricular activities for students together with the related hub schools’ students.
- Prepare and maintain the teacher supervision, class monitoring and teacher in-classroom support files; prepare the work plan in consultation with the team and the provincial manager; report on activities on monthly bases.
- Distribute textbooks and other learning and classroom documentation materials in coordination with Community Mobilizer to the classes.
- Establish and maintain productive work relationship and coordinate activities with the MoE provincial/district/hub school officials and staff of other education sector organizations.
- Contribute to the development of quality educational programs and trainings with other IRC education staff.
- At least grade 14 education from a TTC; Bachelor degree in the field of education will be desirable.
- Two- three years’ experience in development and implementation of educational programs or teacher training.
- Strong training skills, preferably for CBE teachers.
- Knowledge of the value of education in Islam, major features of each stage of the child development and the current trends of education in Afghanistan.
- Knowledge of the local community structure, dynamics, and development.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in Pashto and Dari.
- Ability to frequently travel to the program communities in the districts. This position requires travelling to the field daily.
- Females are encouraged to apply and will be given priority.
For IRC- Afghanistan Internal Candidates:
(“ The IRC encourages employees to remain in a position for at least one year and be in good standing before applying for another position within the organization. if an employee is interested in a vacant position within the organization, he/she must inform his/her supervisor in advance before applying for a new position”)
(However, 1 year is a must to complete but to encourage IRCA employees somehow we are flexible who work in the current IRC position for at least 6 months or above and are given chance to compete for an opportunity in the organization)
Application received without exact position title and location will be directly disqualified from the process.
All qualified candidates are requested to open the given link and follow the instructions:
applications received without a given link and/or online system will be disqualified and removed from the entire process.
Shortlisted candidates will be directly contacted for a written test and after that for interviews. If you are not contacted TWO or FOUR WEEKS after the closing date .please know that your application has not been successful for the post. IRC Afghanistan Country Office, Qala-e-Fathullah, Street # 3, District 10, Old UNOCHA Office, Beside Fatemia Mosque.
Refer to submission guideline