Manager - Data Center
- Post Date:July 29, 2022
- Views 75
- Career Level ManagerExperience 5 YearsGender Both
- Industry Computer and TechnologyQualification Bachelor DegreeSalary As per company salary scale
- Number of Opportunities 1Location Kabul
About MTN Afghanistan:
MTN Afghanistan is the subsidiary company of MTN Group operating in 22 countries with a subscriber base of over 260 Millions. MTN provides GSM services in Afghanistan. We are looking for qualified and experienced candidates to fill the vacant position(s).
Mission/ Core purpose of the Job: Manage the systems infrastructure of MTNA; host and provide support to applications for various operating systems and data center related tasks. Daily check of the systems updates and security vulnerabilities.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Develop stable infrastructure platform.
Ensure high availability of infrastructure by establishing redundancy/back-ups. Develop and
implement the following IS data center processes:
o Business continuity
– Disaster recovery plans
– Systems management
– Capacity management
o Ensure a stable operating environment.
– Physical (power and air conditioning)
– Operating systems and databases
Prepare information systems technical business cases by forecasting the future requirements in terms of security, data
Develop strategies to ensure technical direction of Data Center to gain and support competitive advantage for MTN through
the Data Center infrastructure.
Monitor and adopt best practices and new technologies; ensure alignment with Information Systems data center strategy
Develop and maintain information systems technical support infrastructure for the business.
• Ensure continuous, timely, and secure Remote Connectivity (VPN) with the MTNA network to the third parties / vendors.
Plan, execute and implement capacity through vendors for power equipment such as batteries, rectifiers, UPSs,
• Install, configure, and upgrade UNIX, LINUX (Red hat) & WINDOWS operating systems and software using standard
business and administrative packages
• Installs, assembles, and configure UNIX & LINUX servers connected or acting as standalone in network and part of MTN
• Perform Virtual machine installation and manage hypervisor
• Enforce Applications and systems configuration on UNIX & LINUX Servers
• Enforce Security of UNIX & LINUX server through patches updates
• Enforce server naming convention
• Assisting in the design and implementation of all UNIX & LINUX server connected to the LAN
• Assisting in LAN/WAN related additions and changes that affect UNIX & LINUX Servers. This includes all hardware and
software issues and ongoing administration of the corporate network
• Manage SOLARWINDS ORION and Op-Manager platform and monitor UNIX, LINUX & WINDOWS to achieve optimum
• Database administration (availability, support, capacity.etc.)
• Administer and maintain Microsoft Exchange platform & Active Directory
• Administration and configuration of Dell EMC unity 300/500
• Administration and configuration of Veritas NetBackup system
• Extremely close management of Incidents, Problem tickets and Change Controls in a complex data center environment
to reduce risk and utilize safe times for repair and change
Bachelor’s in computer sciences from a reputable university in Afghanistan or abroad.
5-6 years’ work experience in relevant field
MCITP Certification MCSC
Basic knowledge of ITIL Framework
Interested Afghan Nationals can send their applications and resumes (with three valid references) by Sep 5, 2022.
Please mention the name of the position you are applying in your email subject line.
Applications received after the deadline and those, which do not meet the requirements mentioned above, will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interview (s).