Logistics Team Supervisor
- Post Date:December 3, 2022
- Views 15
- Career Level ManagerExperience 3 YearsGender Both
- Industry EnergyQualification Bachelor DegreeSalary As per Organization Salary Scale
- Number of Opportunities 1Vacancy Number MSF-652Location Helmand
About Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF):
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) Doctors Without Borders) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, healthcare exclusion and natural or man-made disasters to populations in danger in more than 70 countries.
Supervise the daily logistics activities through managing the logistics technical team. Ensure the day-to-day maintenance to the MSF equipment, facilities and infrastructures according to MSF standards and protocols, the preventative maintenance schedules.
Duties & Responsibilities:
TECHNICAL LOGISTIC OPERATION
– Ensure the development and follow up of the monthly, weekly and daily maintenance schedules (Hospital Logistics Management, etc.), daily supervision, monitor the quality of work and the definition of each person’s task, organise and lead team meetings, attend logistics meetings and accounting for his activities
– Ensure the day to day technical support of the medical and non-medical facilities through follow up of the Preventative maintenance schedules, ensure the smooth running of all MSF facilities through regular inspection of the technical aspects, monthly maintenance of premises and equipment
– Support in the follow up of the timeline of activities for all technical matters in his field of expertise in collaboration with the Logistics Manager
– Responsible for the monthly supply of technical logistics items, the monthly consumption analysis and the management of the stock in collaboration with the Supply team
– Responsible to write and implement projects in order to improve the quality of services in MSF facilities
– Manage and follow up all technical logistics orders and demands from different departments or health facilities (Job request follow up, maintenance requests etc.), provide support for local purchases according to MSF supply procedures, ensure the quality control of technical items, reception conditions of freight or arriving material, set up materials before its shipment
– Plan together with the line manager the required checks and maintenance activities according to MSF standards
– Ensure the training of new MSF staff on the logistics procedures related to his field of expertise in collaboration with the Logistics Manager/LTL
– Participate in monthly reports according to guidelines
– Transporting MSF personnel and material ensuring their safety
– Ensure compliance with all rules, safety regulations and MSF instructions, as well as the maintenance and service of their assigned vehicles which includes preparing and overseeing the drivers’ work schedule
– Ensure drivers perform daily and weekly checks of vehicles and the correct filling in of administration and vehicle logbook
– Responsibility to ensure drivers perform monthly checks of the vehicle inventory, documentation and first aid kit together with mechanic and conduct a driving test for all new drivers. Perform regular drivers’ assessment
– Coordinate and supervise the drivers and fleet management to ensure adequate service in terms of organizing availability and fuel control
– Organize training courses for drivers
– Check and ensure that safety procedures are met in vehicles to ensure transportation in the best conditions of safety
– Report any problems with the vehicles (mechanical, accidents, etc.) to the line manager as well as prepare monthly reports on services, spare parts, consumption, etc. of each vehicle
– Ensure maintenance on the fleet of vehicles to be in perfect working order and that cars are serviced at the desired time to ensure good use of it and be able to deliver services
– Ensure all equipment related to vehicles and driver are well looked after and the proper use of radios in vehicles, numbers and codes, according to MSF protocols and procedures in place
– should give regular feedback to the line manager and report directly any issue or incident
– In order to ensure the coverage of the human resources needs and maintain high standards of quality, organize and coordinate the activities of team supervised (week’s schedule, annual leave, absences, etc.), communicate with the HR Admin department all relevant information in due time, evaluate performance, define and ensure the needs for training
– Monitor all movements of people, vehicles, helicopters, airplanes, cargo, etc., ensure their registration and convey messages and information to all people concerned, following MSF protocols at all times
– Memorize and use all radio codes, call numbers and radio alphabet according to the mission radio communications protocol for all type of radio-based communication
– Ensure radio operator gives user training and guidance to new and experienced staff on the use and proper handling of radio equipment.
– Ensure radio language and location call signs are in place and staff know it.
– Ensure the correct functioning of all equipment through physical check and inform line manager of any damage, loss, or theft. Ensure the registration and follow up of loans of handsets to all staff
– Ensure that only authorized people use the radio and comply with all radio communications protocol, preventing of any damage, theft or security incidents
– Supervise and/or carry out the cleaning and minor maintenance tasks (charging batteries, etc.) of all equipment and facilities in his field of expertise in collaboration with the ICT technician
– Assist in the installations of Telecommunication equipment in collaboration with the ICT technician
– Give regular feedback to the line manager and report directly any issue or incident
-Responsible for ensuring the safety and security of MSF facilities including fire-fighting equipment availability and regular review in collaboration with the Head of Watchmen (if any)
-Ensure the smooth running of all aspects of MSF facilities including security rules management/implementation, monthly
– Supervisor and support the head of watchmen in their daily activities.
– Ensure that all watchmen material is in perfect state and in case of a problem reporting it to line manager
– Supervise correct use and availability of extinguishers at all points
– Brief and train all new watchmen on their responsibilities, tasks and security
– Brief new staff/visitors on applied security portal in the hospital and compound.
– Ensure checklist for safe/hibernation rooms are carried out on weekly bases.
– Ensure security food stock in the hibernation rooms are updated and items near to expire are swapped.
– Provide safety and fire training for new staff and refresh training for continuing staff on yearly bases.
– Ensure fire plan is implemented in the project and updated.
– Responsibility to ensure fire extinguishers are install in all the strategic locations and are serviced on yearly bases.
Hospital kitchen management:
– Supervision of activities of kitchen and head cook
– Ensure the kitchen is always kept clean and tide.
– Ensure proper verification of daily patient IPD paint number in collaboration with NTL for the preparation of meals.
– Ensure the quality and quantity of food is kept to the stand.
– High school diploma (12th class) essential
– University degree desirable
– Technical diploma essential
– Proficient user of MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook) essential
– Other experience in similar position essential
– MSF experience desirable
– Pashto/Dari: Oral and written essential
– English: Oral and written essential
– Commitment to MSF’s Principles: Demonstrates knowledge of and accepts MSF’s principles
– Cross-cultural Awareness: Recognises and respects different points of view
– Behavioural Flexibility: Facilitates and helps to bring about changes in others
– Stress Management: Understands other people’s stress
– Analytical Thinking: Compiles information and breaks down a problematic situation into parts
– Strategic Vision: Signals and identifies organisational targets and strategies
– Results and Quality Orientation: Works towards objectives, preserving established standards
– Service Orientation: Responds empathetically to clients and understands their concerns/needs
– Planning and Organising: Is proactive regarding planning and organising his/her job area
– Initiative and Innovation: Takes action in complicated and critical situations
– Capacity to Negotiate: Communicates to others his/her own objectives and requests
– Teamwork and Cooperation: Encourages, engages and motivates people to work as a team
– Leadership: Uses actions and indirect influences to persuade
– People Management and Development: Gives feedback and sets limits
– Security Awareness and Management: Has a working knowledge of security guidelines and basic awareness of contextual factors and applies them to day-to-day activities and the decision-making process
– Networking and Building Relationships: Maintains existing networks
– The staff will be under MSF contract. (40 Hours per week)
– The Salary will be paid according to the MSF salary grid
The interested candidates should submit their applications before Thursday 08h December 2022 at 03:00 pm with a CV and with supporting documents (certificates, diplomas, etc.) to Médecins Sans Frontières, Administration department Helmand Project in a sealed envelope at Boost Hospital, main entrance, Application box or through Email: [email protected]
The reference Logistics Team Supervisor must be stated in the application to be valid. If you do not clearly state the position for which you are applying & attach the required diploma & other supporting documents, your application may not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. MSF does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process. All applications are free for all candidates and no one should require any payment or compensation during the recruitment process. May the candidate be asked for any fee, he/she must report to MSF Administration through the recruitment contact.