- Post Date:September 1, 2022
- Views 46
- Career Level ManagerExperience 4 YearsIndustry Management
- Qualification Bachelor DegreeSalary As per company salary scaleNumber of Opportunities 1
- Vacancy Number IDLO/21/22Location Kabul
About International Development Law Organization (IDLO):
The International Development Law Organization (IDLO) is an inter-governmental development organization with headquarters in Rome and program offices in Kabul and several other provinces in Afghanistan. IDLO fulfils its mandate by providing training, technical assistance, research, and publication to governments, non-governmental organizations (NGOs), local communities, and professional associations in developing countries, countries in economic transition, and countries emerging from armed conflict. The International Development Law Organization (IDLO) enables governments and empowers people to reform laws and strengthen institutions to promote peace, justice, sustainable development and economic opportunity. We contribute to creating stable and inclusive societies where every person can live free from fear and want, in dignity and under the rule of law. IDLO began working in Afghanistan in 2001 and has become a leading partner of Afghan government, donor countries and international agencies to achieve the common goal of strengthening the rule of law. Afghanistan has been an IDLO Member Country since 2012.
The Logistics Associate, under the supervision of the Procurement Specialist will support the IDLO Operations in Afghanistan. The Logistics Associate ensures acquisition processes of goods and services executed are in compliance with IDLO PPP and Logistic local regulation (asset register) and provides monthly reports, KPI dashboard and quarter asset inventory report together with finance unit.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Provide overall logistical support to IDLO Operations in Afghanistan.
· Focal point for facility to liaise with service compound management.
· Organizing of shipments, preparation of documents for shipments (received/sent) Internationally and locally through DHL/UNHAS/Local Land transportation service.
· Fixed Assets management, ensuring that all procedures and documents pertaining to Asset Management are in place and being followed.
· Ensuring the on-going update of the fixed Asset Register in close collaboration with the Administration and Finance Departments.
· Perform market survey for goods and services based on Organization needs and procurement plan every 6 months.
· Perform site visit(s) of suppliers, generate site visit reports, and submit report to relevant authorities.
· Be primary focal point of IDLO at UNHAS and perform UNHAS flight bookings for all IDLO staff members and counterparts.
· Process vendor payments and submit the vendor payment package to IDLO finance department.
· Assist IDLO program staff in booking hotels for various events.
· Support procurement processes including preparation of Request for Quotations, receipt of quotations, and its preliminary evaluation.
· Compliance of procurement activities with IDLO procurement policies and procedures.
· Conduct missions to the regional offices when needed.
Any other task assigned by the immediate supervisor.
· Experience in logistics with international organizations, or NGOs.
· Supply chain issues specific to the humanitarian context in developing countries.
· Procurement principles.
· Database management and record keeping.
· Excellent knowledge in MS word & Excel.
· Ability to perform a variety of specialized logistical and live support, and administrative tasks, to review a variety of data, identify and adjust discrepancies, identify, and resolve operational problems and to perform work of confidential nature, handle a large volume of work and meet deadlines.
· Focuses on result for the client and responds positively to feedback.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills: Ability to work in a team environment to use tact and discretion when dealing with others both inside and outside.
· Strong analytical skills.
· Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines, flexibility and an entrepreneurial spirit.
Keen sense of ethics, integrity, and commitment to IDLO’s mandate.
Qualified applicants should submit a copy of their CV accompanied by a detailed application letter and contact details, no later than September 15,2022 to the email given. Please clearly indicate the position name and vacancy number (Logistics Associate–IDLO/21/2022) applied for in the subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for Test/Interview.
IDLO is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity in all areas of its operations. We welcome and encourage diverse applications.
Females are strongly encouraged to apply!