Loan Officer (Khulm Branch)
- Post Date:October 8, 2022
- Views 68
- Career Level OfficerExperience 3 YearsGender Male
- Industry EntertainmentQualification DiplomaSalary As per Organization Salary Scale
- Number of Opportunities 1Vacancy Number FMFB-HR-0101-2022Location Balkh
The First Microfinance Bank – Afghanistan.
The First Microfinance Bank – Afghanistan (FMFB-A) started its operation in 2004 and is part of the Aga Khan Agency for Microfinance (AKAM), which has financial institutions operating in over 15 countries throughout the developing world. It is affiliated with the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN), a group of nine development agencies working in health, education, culture and rural economic development primarily in Asia and Africa.
Our primary objective in Afghanistan is to contribute to poverty alleviation and economic development through the provision of sustainable financial services to the poor and underserved. Since 2016, we are a member of the Global Alliance for Banking on Values (GABV) – an independent network of the banks using finance to deliver sustainable economic, social and environmental development. Our values- based banking agenda focuses on providing affordable financial services that promote entrepreneurship, agriculture, incremental housing and clean energy in Afghanistan.
FMFB-A sought to consolidate its position as Afghanistan’s leading financial service provider. As of December 2021, FMFB-A with over AFN 4 billion (61% market share) is the market leader in terms of Portfolio. The bank has over 230,000 active clients – including the borrowers and savers who do not necessarily save to accumulate assets but often seek to smooth consumption when a family’s income is irregular.
We are seeking to recruit a highly motivated ‘Loan Officer’ to join us who possesses excellent business development skills with a hunger to succeed. Reporting to the Branch Manager, the aim of this role will be to spearhead loan client acquisition for the branch and to originate quality loans of up to $10,000 for low and moderate-income borrowers.
With a positive attitude in everything, you do and every relationship you build, you will be passionate about assisting clients with their financial needs through appropriate loan products. More importantly, you will ensure that the customer gets the right loan, at the right price, for the right purpose. Obviously, cash flow analysis, repayment capacity assessment, and collateral management is all part of the job. Do not worry, we provide extensive and excellent training programs to ensure that you are able to fulfil your job requirements.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Recruiting new clients, assessing customer needs, introducing different types of loans.
- Explaining the loan process to potential clients and verifying clients’ eligibility for a loan.
- Going and satisfaction throughout the underwriting process.
- Interviewing applicants to determine financial eligibility and feasibility of granting loans.
- Carrying out risk assessment by collecting detailed information on each client through meetings and field visits (home, business, suppliers, customers, guarantors, community) and loan appraisal (financial analysis, repayment capacity, tenure, collateral, etc).
- Updating the required data in the Bank’s Loan Management System.
- Preparing Loan Appraisal Report for Loan Committee meeting; collecting and/or filling documents for guarantees.
- Presents the loan at the loan committee meeting and informs the client of the loan committee’s decision.
- Checking the proper use of the funds disbursed.
- Loan monitoring including periodic site visits and ensuring timely repayments.
- Going the “extra mile” to build relationships, and customer loyalty.
- Operating in compliance with relevant/prevailing FMFB policies/procedures; and full alignment with the audit recommendations.
- At least High school graduate.
- Prior experience in the trade, preferred.
- Well articulate in the predominant local language of the area in which she/he works; good communication, negotiation and presentation skills; good understanding of business process; good understanding of the business-related laws / regulations of the government; good understanding of the business potential in the area in which s/he works; and good level of familiarity with the population of the area in which s/he works.
- Belief in, and commitment to establishing and maintaining good relation with the client; being tactful and courteous; social concern and sensitive to the culture / traditions of the area of his / her engagement; belief in, and in practice promoting professional confidentiality; enthusiasm in job, specifically in working in field with clients; being mature and self-disciplined.
If you meet the above requirements, we are encouraging you to apply for this position. Please send us your CV along with a cover letter via email ([email protected]).
Please make sure that your email includes the vacancy ID as the subject line and the name of position with the branch name.
Note that, only the candidates who are meeting the requirements of the position will be shortlisted.