Life Skills Trainer
- Post Date:November 17, 2022
- Views 13
- Career Level OfficerExperience 3 YearsGender Female
- Industry Health CareQualification Bachelor DegreeSalary As per Organization Salary Scale
- Number of Opportunities 1Vacancy Number HNTPO-08/-10-2022/002Location Ghor
About HealthNet TPO:
HealthNet TPO is a Netherlands based not for profit, non-governmental organization founded on the principle that access to affordable quality health care is a basic human right. HealthNet TPO works with interdisciplinary professionals to develop and implement innovative, culturally appropriate, evidence based public health interventions with a focus on: innovative development of health systems, mental health and psychosocial care, long and short term training of health workers, control of communicable diseases (including malaria), and health financing schemes. HealthNet TPO offers ground-breaking and unconventional solutions that foster self-reliance and promote sustainable health care that is accessible to all.
HealthNet TPO in Afghanistan aims to improve the health status of the people in Afghanistan by supporting the local communities and the Government of Afghanistan in the development of a sustainable health care system. HealthNet TPO is working in Afghanistan since 1994, implementing integrated health projects managed mainly by national staff and supported technically by expatriate staff from the headquarter office. HealthNet TPO Afghanistan is providing Primary Health Care, Mental Health and psychosocial services, fighting malaria and supporting Mother & Child Health Care in terms of providing training for Community Midwifes and to conduct operation research. Health Net TPO is currently implementing projects in 22 provinces and the major program it implements are Malaria Control program,SEHATMANDI projects in four provinces, nutrition, Mental Health and Psychosocial program through a community system strengthening approach.
- Participate on Training provided by HNTPO who will lead the adaptation of the life-skill training manual.
- Provide life skills Training for trainees.
- Periodically assess training effectiveness to ensure that the trainees have learned the skills.
- Facilitate training and capacity building activities on life skill activities sessions for the trainees.
- Foster peer-to-peer support to allow opportunities to build the skills
- Conduct capacity need assessments to inform the skill development activities that will help women to succeed in their agro-businesses.
- In collaboration with other WFHS staff additional materials and resources to strengthen the confidence and relevance skills of project beneficiaries.
- Provide ongoing group based coaching and mentoring sessions for community mobilizers to improve their training knowledge and facilitation.
- Develop monitoring tools and guidelines to monitor the learning progress of the mastery of the specified skills.
- Ensure the proper integration of the life skill training with the financial literacy and numeracy sessions as well as gender transformative trainings.
- Reporting and Communication:
- Discuss training progress with project staff on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Provide proper record keeping and reporting of sessions conducted breakdown of daily participants notable achievements and any challenges.
- Submit accurate monthly quarterly work plans and reports related to life skill trainings and share with project technical officer
- Liaise with logistic and finance team for all logistical and financial related issues of the life skill training sessions
- Coordination and Networking:
- Closely coordinate and work with key women and other available stakeholders.
- Closely coordinate with other WFHS staff members.
- A minimum of Bachelor degrees from Social science education or other gender related faculty
- At least 3 years’ experience as trainer in life skills activities, gender related programs
- Local knowledge and staff management is an advantage
- At least 3 years’ experience in management especially with INGO
- Having computer skills
- Computer skills preferred (MS Word Excel Outlook and Power Point).
- Excellent Dari and Pashto speaking and writing ability
- Possess good interpersonal communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to work in remote communities throughout Kandahar and Hirat provinces.
- Strong documentation skills
- Experience using digital devices such as computer.
12.Ability to write reports and various correspondences in English language is an advantage.
Interested and qualifiedcandidates are requested to send their CVs along with an application letter and apply Via E-mail to [email protected]
Please ensure to fill out the Health Net TPO application form which is available in http://www.acbar.org/applicationform
Please ensure to write the number of vacancy and position you are applying for, in the subject line of your E-mail Add.
Incomplete applications or applications received after closing date will not be given consideration. Candidates who are meeting the above criteria will be short listed;