Lead Engineer, Community Resilience & Livelihoods Project
- Post Date:November 8, 2022
- Views 36
- Career Level ManagerExperience 5 YearsGender Both
- Industry ConstructionQualification Bachelor DegreeSalary As per Organization Salary Scale
- Number of Opportunities 1Vacancy Number NR/KBL/11/22/091Location Kabul
About Agha Khan Foundation:
The Aga Khan Foundation, Afghanistan (AKF (Afg)) is an agency of the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN), a group of international, private, non-denominational development agencies working to improve living conditions and opportunities for people in some of the poorest parts of the developing world. The Network’s organizations have individual mandates that range from the fields of health and education to architecture, rural development and promotion of private-sector enterprise and institutions that
seek to empower communities and individuals, usually in disadvantaged circumstances, to improve living conditions and opportunities.
The Aga Khan Foundation (AKF) is a non-denominational international development agency established in 1967 by His Highness the Aga Khan. Its mission is to develop and promote creative solutions to problems that impede social development, primarily in Asia and East Africa. Created as a private, non-profit foundation under Swiss law, it has branches and independent affiliates in 19 countries.
AKF seeks to provide sustainable solutions to long-term problems of poverty, hunger, illiteracy, and ill health. In Afghanistan, AKF works with rural communities in mountainous, remote or resource poor areas to improve quality of life in the areas of natural resource management, market development, governance, education, and health.
The incumbent in this position is responsible to support the National Manager CRLP to ensure high quality and timely completion of different Cash-for-Work Infrastructure sub-project undertaken by AKF(Afg) under the Community Resilience & Livelihoods Project.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Support/Assist National Manager CRLP in all technical and supervision works to ensure timely design, contracting, implementation, and quality control of all infrastructure sub-projects (cash-for-work) under CRLP.
• Ensure timely supervision and delivery of sub-projects of Cash-for-Work under CRLP in the targeted areas.
• Represent National CRLP Engineering in all project aspects at the national and provincial levels.
• Supervise and support the provincial and district-level engineering teams of CRLP in (Design and Drawing, Quality Control, and management of Cash-for-Work projects).
• Provide technical assistance to the provincial and district-level engineering teams of the CRLP in program planning, formulating standard procedures, and providing specific inputs to all engineering activities.
• Assist senior staff in formulating program targets, and monitoring and evaluating relevant field activities of CRLP.
OCCASIONAL SIGNIFICANT DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• To Coordinate and keep professional relations with project partners and relevant Government institutions.
• Perform any other duty assigned by the supervisor.
DECISION-MAKING & AUTHORITY
• Travel to the region and check the status of the project.
• Coach and guide the team for a specific area of business.
• Update the team member for any special task and support.
• Coordinate with internal and external stakeholders for different tasks.
• University degree in civil engineering.
• At least 5 years work experience in the same field with national and international organizations.
• Must be capable of working both individually and as part of a team to undertake tasks in a fast-paced environment.
• Good Computer Skills in MS Office and AutoCAD.
REQUIRED CORE COMPETENCIES
• Human centric with good people management skills.
• Strong spoken and written communication skills.
• Conflict resolution skills.
• Skills in coaching, mentoring and capacity building.
• Initiative decision making.
Interested applicants should submit their CV along with a cover letter to [email protected] no later than 15th November 2022.
• Please quote the Vacancy Number as the Subject of the e-mail when applying.
• No supporting documents (e.g., diplomas, recommendation letters, identification card(s) etc.) are required at this stage.
• Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for further assessment.
• Salary scale: Grade C based on NTA Salary scale.
Aga Khan Foundation Afghanistan recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to equal opportunity and safeguarding of children, beneficiaries, partners, community members and employees in accordance with AKF(Afg)’s safeguarding policy.
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Your details and information shared on this advertisement shall remain confidential.