LatAm R&D Specifications Digitization Manager
- Post Date:July 15, 2022
- Apply Before: August 31, 2022
- Views 54
- Career Level ManagerGender BothIndustry Food and Beverage
- Qualification Bachelor DegreeNumber of OpportunitiesLocation Ciudad de México, México
As a world class company, we seek excellence in everything we do from the launch of a new product to its execution at the point of sale. Therefore, we need talented and innovative people who are passionate about what they do.
PepsiCo Mexico currently has a broad portfolio of food and beverage products, such as Sabritas, Gamesa, Quaker, Pepsi, Obela and Sonric’s, leading brands in the snacks, cereals, soft drinks, isotonic and cookies markets respectively.
Our vision is to be the global leader in convenient foods and beverages by winning with purpose. “Winning with purpose” reflects our ambition to win sustainably in the market and integrate the purpose in all aspects of the business.
Which is the main objective of this role?
Intending to drive effectiveness and efficiency, the LATAM North R&D Specifications Digitization Manager plays a key role by ensuring high and current data quality of R&D Documentation, integrating and harmonizing R&D Business processes mainly for 2 OUs (PMF and CARICAM) while connecting and influencing the entire Sector and Global teams. Improve regional ways of working by developing automation solutions to deliver and gain internal efficiencies and extend the positive benefits to the E2E code creation process. This role is mainly responsible for sustaining CAST SAP-PLM implementation and driving enhancements through the Digital Transformation agenda, such as CAST 2.0 within R&D.
This role connects and collaborates closely with LATAM Data Business Services Team to contribute to the regional definition and adoption of the Digital & Data strategies as well as with the new GBS Specs Management Manager and Team to warranty LiSU and Master Files alignment with the Function and Business Priorities This Role should be in Mexico (Mexico City R&D Tech Center or Monterrey BCIC)
What will you be doing?
• Ensures the integrity, high quality, and current Documentation of ingredients, product, process, and labeling specifications, in partnership with the Project Team Cells members for the Innovation, Productivity, Brand Stewardship, and PEP+ agenda by guaranteeing full compliance to Technical Stage Gate requirements.
• Executes and complies with Global Ingredients Standards (GIS/PQP) requirements by building a strong connection with external suppliers and documenting new/existing ingredients specifications.
• Defines, Harmonizes, and Deploys R&D Business processes to unlock agility and efficiency in partnership with TDC and IC (TSG, 3PM, Lean Commercialization, Sector/Global best practices, E2E quality).
• Prepares an integrated approach toward CAST SAP-PLM adoption by establishing the same ways of working and criteria for Documentation across the sector.
• Follows Project Primacy Model for OpEx team execution (resources follow projects)
• Defines and establishes cross-functional wiring within R&D and Sector.
• Ensure all technical documentation is approved and captured into the appropriate document management system
• Ensure all requests are processed, documented, and delivered within defined SLAs
• Assign the appropriate spec writer resources for each project in alignment with function prioritization
• Identifies and develops a vital talent for future positions within R&D by assigning critical experiences, exposing the team to challenges, and ensuring they are in contact with the Global teams and the rest of the region (Solution Delivery team as Seedbed of R&D Talent).
• Influences Sector and Global Directors: TDC for Ingredients Standard; Global CAST for SAP implementation and Sustain; Procurement and vendors for Raw Material Specification definition; Project Team Cells for AOP/PSP execution; IC for Lean Commercialization & Data Business Services efforts.
• Leads Multifunctional Governance Forums across all R&D Categories and OUs providing visibility to guarantee all initiatives are on track.
• Identifies & develops key stream works to enhance CAST SAP-PLM to gain efficiency in the technical specs business processes.
• Implements & executes automation solutions to efficient internal ways of working and seeks to extend these beyond R&D.
• Connects and collaborates with LATAM Data Business Services Team to contribute to the regional definition and adoption of the Digital & Data strategies (Horizon, Data Governance, Data Quality).
• Act as a POC (Point of Contact) for R&D Specification management GBS Team (LiSU and Master Files)
Who are we looking for?
• MS or bachelor’s in food science and technology, Chemical Engineering, Nutrition or related.
• 8+ years of experience within the Food Industry in areas of R&D, Quality Assurance or Manufacturing.
• 5+ years of experience managing personnel/specialists on their field.
• 2+ year of experience within Digital Transformation Projects.
• Preference for experience working in a large global Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) company, with understanding of the CPG performance outputs and measures
• Preference for Experience and knowledge of Salty, C&C business technologies.
• Proven ability to lead team of scientists and engineers to deliver innovation and productivity initiatives
• Results oriented people leader with ability to influence business decisions and articulate tradeoff effectively.
• Ability to influence across matrixed R&D and category organization.
• Demonstrates ability to build talent agenda to drive digital & long-term capabilities for PepsiCo.
• Proven ability to strategically communicate R&D information.
• Strong communication and project management skills with proven results in bringing products through to commercialization.
• Ability to demonstrate business acumen and experience partnering with senior business leaders across key functional areas both inside and outside of R&D organization.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and SAP
• Advanced data analysis skillset to guide strategic decisions and/or continuous process improvement
• Ability to embrace change and flexibility, while working with their team to prioritize and provide solutions in an ever-changing and often ambiguous environment
• Collaborative skills and strong interest in working with others across time zones
• Fluent in English & Spanish; Portuguese preferred but optional
What can you expect from us?
- Competitive compensation
- A flexible work environment that promotes a healthy balance between personal and professional life
- A dynamic and inclusive culture
- A supportive team that will foster your professional growth and development
- Opportunity to work with relevant projects worldwide
- Opportunity to give back to the community with our volunteer programs
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We respect and value diversity as a work force and innovation for the organization.