Islamic Financing Officer
- Post Date:December 4, 2022
- Views 25
- Career Level OfficerExperience 3 YearsGender Female
- Industry EnergyQualification Bachelor DegreeSalary As per Organization Salary Scale
- Number of Opportunities 1Location Kabul, Parwan, Nangarhar, Baghlan, Bamyan, Badakhshan, Takhar, Kunduz, Samangan, Balkh, Sar-e-Pul, Jawzjan, Faryab, Herat
The First Microfinance Bank – Afghanistan.
The First Microfinance Bank – Afghanistan (FMFB-A) started its operation in 2004 and is part of the Aga Khan Agency for Microfinance (AKAM), which has financial institutions operating in over 15 countries throughout the developing world. It is affiliated with the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN), a group of nine development agencies working in health, education, culture and rural economic development primarily in Asia and Africa.
Our primary objective in Afghanistan is to contribute to poverty alleviation and economic development through the provision of sustainable financial services to the poor and underserved. Since 2016, we are a member of the Global Alliance for Banking on Values (GABV) – an independent network of the banks using finance to deliver sustainable economic, social and environmental development. Our values- based banking agenda focuses on providing affordable financial services that promote entrepreneurship, agriculture, incremental housing and clean energy in Afghanistan.
FMFB-A sought to consolidate its position as Afghanistan’s leading financial service provider. As of December 2021, FMFB-A with over AFN 4 billion (61% market share) is the market leader in terms of Portfolio. The bank has over 230,000 active clients – including the borrowers and savers who do not necessarily save to accumulate assets but often seek to smooth consumption when a family’s income is irregular.
The incumbent of the position is responsible for processing the Islamic Financings Applications; monitoring the Financings Portfolio; follow-up and ensuring the timely repayment of the disbursed Islamic Financings and developing the FMFB-A MF Financings Clientele.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prospects new clients and assists them for Islamic Financing application such as reviewing financing requests applications, evaluating creditworthiness, credit risks, financial status.
- Conducts Financing appraisal, collects detailed information (personal, business, and guaranties).
- Presents the financing applications at the Branch Credit Committee.
- Collaborates with the respective Branch Assistants/Manager for preparing the Financing contracts and ensures timely disbursement of financings.
- He / She is responsible for 100% sharia compliant processing of all Islamic financing’s applications and transactions/payments.
- Monitors the financing customers and follows it up of ensuring its timely repayment.
- Maintains contact with clientele and Participates in the Branch Credit Committee Meetings.
- On any walk of the Bank’s financings business such is Islamic financings process, payment to the supplier, monitoring / follow up and repayment, ensure full compliance with the relevant/prevailing FMFB Credit Policy, Procedures, sharia compliant; and full alignment with the audit recommendations.
- Any other identical task as assigned by the respective supervisor/s.
- At least Bachelor Degree in Business Administration, Economic, Finance, accounting, Management or any other qualification related to banking.
- Prior experience in the trade, legal, Microfinance, Finance are preferred.
- Well articulate in the predominant local language of the area in which she/he works; good communication, negotiation and presentation skills; good understanding of business process; good understanding of the business-related laws / regulations of the government; good understanding of the business potential in the area in which s/he works; and good level of familiarity with the population of the area in which s/he works.
- Belief in, and commitment to establishing and maintaining good relation with the clientele; being tactful and courteous; social concern and sensitive to the culture / traditions of the area of his / her engagement; belief in, and in practice promoting professional confidentiality; enthusiasm in job, specifically in working in field with clients; being mature and self-disciplined.
Afghanistan, Kabul, Parwan, Nangarhar, Baghlan, Bamyan, Badakhshan, Takhar, Kunduz, Samangan, Balkh, Sar-e-Pul, Jawzjan, Faryab, Herat
If you meet the above requirements, we are encouraging you to apply for this position. Please send us your CV along with a cover letter via email ([email protected]).
Please make sure that your email includes the below vacancy ID and the name of position with the branch name as the subject line.
Note: only the candidates who are meeting the requirements of the position will be shortlisted.
Vacancy ID Positions Location Gender N#. of Vacancy
- FMFB-HR-0129-2022 – Financing Officer – Taimani branch – Male / female 7
- FMFB-HR-0130-2022 – Financing Officer – Koti Sangi Branch – Male / female 7
- FMFB-HR-0131-2022 – Financing Officer – Mandavi Branch – Male / female 7
- FMFB-HR-0132-2022 – Financing Officer – Khair Khana Branch – Male / female 7
- FMFB-HR-0133-2022 – Financing Officer – Dashti Barchi Branch – Male / female 5
- FMFB-HR-0134-2022 – Financing Officer – Jalalabad Branch – Male / female 9
- FMFB-HR-0135-2022 – Financing Officer – Charikar Branch – Male / female 3
- FMFB-HR-0136-2022 – Financing Officer – Jabul Saraj Branch – Male / female 1
- FMFB-HR-0137-2022 – Financing Officer – Mazar 1 Branch – Male / female 14
- FMFB-HR-0138-2022 – Financing Officer – Mazar 2 Branch – Male / female 9
- FMFB-HR-0139-2022 – Financing Officer – Balkh Branch – Male / female 5
- FMFB-HR-0140-2022 – Financing Officer – Shulgara Branch – Male / female 6
- FMFB-HR-0141-2022 – Financing Officer – Khulm Branch – Male / female 5
- FMFB-HR-0142-2022 – Financing Officer – Sheberghan Branch – Male / female 7
- FMFB-HR-0143-2022 – Financing Officer – Aqcha Branch – Male / female 5
- FMFB-HR-0144-2022 – Financing Officer – Maimana Branch – Male / female 4
- FMFB-HR-0145-2022 – Financing Officer – Sari Pul Branch – Male / female 9
- FMFB-HR-0146-2022 – Financing Officer – Andkhoy Branch – Male / female 6
- FMFB-HR-0147-2022 – Financing Officer – Samangan Branch – Male / female 10
- FMFB-HR-0148-2022 – Financing Officer – PLK Branch – Male / female 13
- FMFB-HR-0149-2022 – Financing Officer – Doshi Branch – Male / female 7
- FMFB-HR-0150-2022 – Financing Officer – Kunduz Branch – Male / female 10
- FMFB-HR-0151-2022 – Financing Officer – Takhar Branch – Male / female 6
- FMFB-HR-0152-2022 – Financing Officer – Faizabad Branch – Male / female 7
- FMFB-HR-0153-2022 – Financing Officer – Kishim Branch – Male / female 6
- FMFB-HR-0154-2022 – Financing Officer – Baharak Branch – Male / female 6
- FMFB-HR-0155-2022 – Financing Officer – Jirm Branch – Male / female 2
- FMFB-HR-0156-2022 – Financing Officer – Shughnan Branch – Male / female 1
- FMFB-HR-0157-2022 – Financing Officer – Darwaz Branch – Male / female 4
- FMFB-HR-0158-2022 – Financing Officer – Herat 1 Branch – Male / female 9
- FMFB-HR-0159-2022 – Financing Officer – Herat 2 Branch – Male / female 7
- FMFB-HR-0160-2022 – Financing Officer – Bamyan Branch – Male / female 6
- FMFB-HR-0161-2022 – Financing Officer – Yakawlang Branch – Male / female 3
- FMFB-HR-0162-2022 – Financing Officer – Panjab Branch – Male / female 4
- FMFB-HR-0163-2022 – Financing Officer – Waras Branch – Male / female 4