- Post Date:September 7, 2022
- Views 102
- Career Level OfficerExperience 3 YearsGender Male
- Industry ConstructionQualification Bachelor DegreeSalary As per company salary scale
- Number of Opportunities 1Vacancy Number MSM-VA-003Location Kabul
About Maihan Steel:
Maihan Steel is thriving in the ever significant Iron and Steel industry and is one of the leading private companies in Afghanistan. The struggle of the Maihan Steel goes back to the last thirty-five years when the founding owners were involved in dealing with steel-related products and services such as production, installation, creation, as well as montage in the steel. Consequently, Maihan Steel was firmly founded in 2018 and licensed with the Ministry of trade and industry.
We are looking for a dedicated and reliable inventory officer to join our growing company. Your chief goal in this position will be to monitor and report on our company’s inventory levels. You will be responsible for developing inventory tracking systems, for handling the material management responsibilities that include acquisition of the material, merchandise, items, etc. and its proper distribution ٫ reviewing levels of supplies, ordering new materials, and performing a daily analysis.
The purpose of this position is to supervise and coordinate the activities of those engaged in inventory management and to ensure that optimum levels of inventory is maintained and that it is at par with quality standards. He is also responsible for keeping a track of the inventory records and making sure that it is accurate.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- The inventory officer is responsible for preparing the purchase orders, receiving, storing, issuing the goods, managing the stock levels and giving out the supplies from the stock.
- He is also involved in preparing the inventories, maintaining the stock records, using computerized systems for entering the records and is accountable for checking the supply invoices with the purchase orders.
- He is responsible for preparing the reports on adjustments done to inventories that may be damaged, spoilt, etc., and coordinates the purchasing, inventory and warehousing functions.
- He finds out sources of supply and is responsible for obtaining quotes from the suppliers as well.
- He makes sure to get rid of the surplus or obsolete stock.
- To maintain record of receipts as well as issuance of items that are going out of the warehouse so as to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- To be involved in reconciliation of physical stock with the stock in the system.
- To oversee that the arrangement of goods has been done in an orderly system within the stock location system so that the stock can be stored easily and retrieved whenever there is a requirement. Similarly, he ensures that the stocks stay physically protected in the warehouse.
- To undertake the function of stock taking and confirm the periodic stock on a regular basis by working closely with the designated staff members.
- To supervise the offloading process, the subsequent arrangement of merchandise, material, etc., and consignment so that it can be accessed and identified easily.
- To ensure the correct and timely valuation of the inventory and to be involved in directing and managing procedures related to offloading, packing and unpacking.
- In addition to the above duties, the inventory officer is responsible for keeping a close eye on the movement of stock from in and out of the warehouse.
- He is involved in preparing the weekly reports of all the activities in the warehouse like the consignment received, the quantity of items received, point of collection and dispatch, stacking number, outstanding balance, etc. He/she provides the best service needs to the existing as well as the new customers and ensures that each and every customer remains satisfied.
- He oversees the cycle counting programs for the distribution centers as well as the stores.
- He develops, maintains, and adopts the best operational procedures and practices for inventory control.
- He tries to find out discrepancies and determines the root cause for the issue found.
- Thus, he/she is involved in performing all the procedures and activities concerned with the management of the inventory and generally works under the supervision of a senior personnel and may perform other related duties as well.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, finance, or relevant field.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Solid knowledge of data analysis, inventory management software, Quick Books and forecasting techniques.
- An analytical mind with strong attention to detail.
- Outstanding organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and leadership abilities.
Interested Afghan National Candidates should submit the following required documents.
1. A cover letter that shows how your qualifications and experience meet the VA requirement.
2. An update CV.