Internal Audit Manager
- Post Date:October 12, 2022
- Views 58
- Career Level OfficerExperience 5 YearsGender Both
- Industry FinanceQualification Bachelor DegreeSalary As per Organization Salary Scale
- Number of Opportunities 1Vacancy Number NR/KBL/10/22/075Location Kabul
About Agha Khan Foundation:
The Aga Khan Foundation, Afghanistan (AKF (Afg)) is an agency of the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN), a group of international, private, non-denominational development agencies working to improve living conditions and opportunities for people in some of the poorest parts of the developing world. The Network’s organizations have individual mandates that range from the fields of health and education to architecture, rural development and promotion of private-sector enterprise and institutions that seek to empower communities and individuals, usually in disadvantaged circumstances, to improve living conditions and opportunities.
The Aga Khan Foundation (AKF) is a non-denominational international development agency established in 1967 by His Highness the Aga Khan. Its mission is to develop and promote creative solutions to problems that impede social development, primarily in Asia and East Africa. Created as a private, non-profit foundation under Swiss law, it has branches and independent affiliates in 19 countries.
AKF seeks to provide sustainable solutions to long-term problems of poverty, hunger, illiteracy, and ill health. In Afghanistan, AKF works with rural communities in mountainous, remote or resource poor areas to improve quality of life in the areas of natural resource management, market development, governance, education, and health.
To assist the Chief Internal Auditor, in management and execution of a broad and comprehensive Programme of internal audit reviews within AKF (Afghanistan). In conducting audit reviews, members of the internal audit department will have full, free, and unrestricted access to all functions, records, property and personnel relating to the AKF (Afghanistan). This position will be based in Kabul with frequent travels to the AKDN Programme areas in Afghanistan and will report to the Chief Internal Auditor of AKF Afghanistan.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Manage and execute audit programs for components as per approved annual audit plan which includes Internal
Audit Reviews, System Gap Analysis, Grant Compliance Reviews, and Follow-up Reviews etc., involving
• Review compliance with organizational policies, procedures and guidelines.
• Review compliance with the policies and procedures approved by the Head Office.
• Review compliance with the terms and conditions of various grant agreements.
• Review compliance with the local laws and regulations.
• Provide recommendations on the systems, procedures and compliance requirements being reviewed.
• Review and appraise the implementation of management’s responses.
• Provide on-going feedback, audit working papers and reports to the supervisor for review and finalization.
• Take lead in preparation of component-wise Internal Audit plans and timelines.
• Actively participate in developing computerized audit tools and techniques, standardized audit working papers, quality assurance tools etc.
• Training and capacity building of Internal Audit department staff.
• Performance management and appraisal of the Internal Audit department staff.
• To carry out responsibilities of the role in a way which reflects AKF’s commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults in accordance with the Safeguarding Policy and Child Safeguarding Policy.
OCCASIONAL SIGNIFICANT DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Conduct special fact-finding studies as assigned by the Chief Internal Auditor, the CEO or AKF Geneva.
• Conduct investigations.
• Review of policies and procedures with a view to strengthening internal control systems.
• Any other tasks assigned by the supervisor.
DECISION-MAKING & AUTHORITY
• Component audit planning & programming.
• Component risk assessment.
• IA staff performance management.
• Judgment on audit observations.
• Review of IA staff assignments.
• Component resource adequacy.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Commerce or Finance. Professional education such as ACCA/CA/CIA is desirable.
• Minimum of five years’ experience in supervisory capacity in audit or finance functions of development
sector organizations or audit firm of international repute.
• Expert-level skill in using computerized accounting systems especially iScala, Microsoft Dynamics or any other FIS.
• Expert-level skill in using MS Office packages, in Microsoft Excel.
• Knowledge of major donors’ grant processes, conditions, procedures, and guidelines.
• Experience of working in a post-conflict environment is desirable.
• Willingness to travel more frequently and work in hard conditions.
• Fluency in English is required, and basic conversational knowledge of Dari and Pashtu would be an asset.
• Must be an energetic, self-starter, ready-to-take challenges, and work with strict deadlines with high level of professionalism and confidentiality.
REQUIRED CORE COMPETENCIES
• Knowledge of International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing of IIA is required.
• Experience of working in professional audit and accounting practices is a plus.
• Experience and knowledge in coordination of audits.
• Knowledge of international standards of Auditing, including the various nature/types of tests is a required.
• Experience and knowledge of report writing, drafting and summarizing audit observations are obtaining management responses.
Interested applicants should submit their CV along with a cover letter to [email protected] no later than 18th October 2022.
· Please quote the Vacancy Number as the Subject of the e-mail when applying.
· No supporting documents (e.g., diplomas, recommendation letters, identification card(s) etc.) are required at this stage.
· Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for further assessment.
· Salary scale: Grade B based on NTA Salary scale.
Aga Khan Foundation Afghanistan recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to equal opportunity and safeguarding of children, beneficiaries, partners, community members and employees in accordance with AKF(Afg)’s safeguarding policy.
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Your details and information shared on this advertisement shall remain confidential.