Intern Opportunities for MBA Students (Summer of 2023): Finance Manager Intern
- Post Date:June 19, 2022
- Views 198
- Experience FreshGender BothIndustry Finance
- Qualification Master’s DegreeNumber of Opportunities ManyVacancy Number 1346551
- Location Multiple Locations, United States
At Microsoft, Interns work on real-world projects in collaboration with teams across the world, while having fun along the way. You’ll be empowered to build community, explore your passion, and achieve your goals. This is your chance to bring your solutions and ideas to life while working on cutting-edge technology. The internship is designed not only for you to do great work with the opportunity to learn and grow, but to experience our culture full of diverse community connection, executive engagement, and memorable events.
Imagine yourself as a Microsoft intern. Join Microsoft today and help us innovate and shape the business of tomorrow.
We’re a company of learn-it-alls rather than know-it-alls and our culture is centered around embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. Does this sound like you? Learn more about our cultural attributes.
Are you ready to join us and create the future? Come as you are, do what you love—start your journey with us today!
Finance Manager Intern:
As a Finance Manager Intern, you will be a part of our world class Master of Business Administration (MBA) internship program which is an immersive 12-week experience as part of our Central Finance Team. The Central Finance team is responsible for strategic planning, resource allocation, investor relations and ownership of all core financial processes required to drive the continued growth and health of the company. As a Finance Manager at Microsoft, you’ll be encouraged to think big and use your insight on complex, large-scale projects that directly affect the company’s bottom line. Your keen eye for strategic opportunities will have the backing of a global leader with more than $100 billion USD in annual revenue.
To meet the demands of this role, you must act as a change agent — as adept at framing problems and communicating solutions as you are with financial modelling and crunching numbers. You must be confident enough to make tough decisions in times of ambiguity.
- Define performance-based business metrics
- Coordinate financial support within or across subsidiaries or regions
- Develop business investment and sales strategy recommendations
- Create financial models for proposed market investments and sales programs
- Evaluate new business opportunities and make meaningful recommendations to senior management
- Provide timely reporting and analysis as it relates to the monthly flash, monthly business review, quarterly CFO forecast, mid-year review, and budget and business plan reviews
- Seek improvements in key business processes, especially those that require cross-group participation
- Currently pursuing Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree with at least one quarter/semester to complete after internship
- Excellent cross-group collaboration skills, including the ability to comfortably communicate with senior management at Microsoft
- Demonstrated strong analytical and strategic thinking skills
Visit our Careers FAQ Page to learn more about the interview process and answers to commonly asked questions
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Benefits and Perks
- Industry leading healthcare
- Giving programs
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services