Institutional Development Expert
- Post Date:November 2, 2022
- Views 35
- Career Level OfficerExperience 7 YearsGender Both
- Industry EnergyQualification Bachelor DegreeSalary 2900 - 3000 USD monthly
- Number of Opportunities 1Vacancy Number 0543Location Kabul
About Moore Afghanistan :
At Moore, our purpose is to help people thrive – our clients, our people and the communities they live and work in. We’re a global accounting and advisory family of over 30,000 people across more than 260 independent firms and 110 countries, connecting and collaborating to take care of your needs – local, national and international. When you work with Moore firms, you’ll work with people who care deeply about your success and who have the drive and dedication to deliver results for you and your business. You’ll have greater access to senior expertise than with many firms. We’ll be here for you whenever you need us – to help you see through the maze of information, to guide you in your decisions and to make sure you take advantage of every opportunity. To help you thrive in a changing world.
The consultant will lead the coordination efforts with stakeholders in Afghanistan, conduct thematic assessments that help emphasize the need for development planning and SDGs and support policy and institutional development efforts. The consultant will also be required to conduct institutional assessments, collect and analyze data on SDGs and institutional performance and capacity gaps and prepare reports on capacity, legal and policy barriers that hinder institutional performance. The consultant will assist UNDP to foster partnership and coordinate with different UN agencies and other national and intentional organizations at national and sub-national levels as required.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The scope of work will cover the following core functions:
• Provides substantive support and advice on development and institutional issues, particularly through conducting assessments aimed at determining barriers, challenges and inefficiencies.
• Provide specific advice on designing and implementation of institutional adjustments aimed at improving performance
• Engage the concerned stakeholders and institutions involved in development planning and management to raise development management awareness
• Assist UNDP, its beneficiaries and other concerned stakeholders with program design and implementation intended for institutional strengthening with the objective of facilitating private sector performance and economic recovery.
• Provide periodic reports on the level of achievements, gaps, strengths, and weaknesses of development programs in a view to improve quality and maximize impact
• Stimulate strategic thinking in global development issues, management, and processes and suggest best practices
• Ensure highest standards in the provision of technical and advisory inputs in the organization of workshops, seminars, training, and delivery of outputs.
• Contribute to the development of effective materials for training and workshops.
• Identify the initiatives that have been taken in other countries with respect to policy alignment and integration of development efforts including SDGs into national development policies, initiatives that could be applied in Afghanistan
• Excellent report writing and organizational skills, advanced coordination and partnership skills
• Knowledge and experience with UNDP or UNDP administered agencies is desirable
• Focuses on impact and result for the client and responds positively to feedback.
• In-depth knowledge on development issues;
• Ability to advocate and provide policy advice;
• Knowledge and experience of UNDP Afghanistan an added advantage.
• Fluency in written and spoken English and national language Dari/Pashto is a requirement.
• Excellent writing skills required, as demonstrated by previous research/analytical reports/policy notes on relevant topics.
• Corporate Responsibility & Direction:
o Serves and promotes the vision, mission, values, and strategic goals of the UNDP & Stakeholders.
o Managing for Results:
o Plans and prioritizes work activities to meet the goals set by the Supervisor;
o Strategic approach to problem solving.
• Partnering & Networking:
o Builds and sustains relationships with key constituents (internal/external/bilateral/ multilateral/public/private/academia/civil society);
o Seeks and applies knowledge, information, and best practices from within and outside of Afghanistan and UNDP;
o Demonstrates ability to handle working relationships with senior officials, academics and technical experts.
• Innovation & Judgment:
o Conceptualizes and analyses problems to identify key issues, underlying problems, and how they relate;
o Generates creative, practical approaches to overcome challenging situations;
Advanced university degree, preferably masters, in economics or development economics.
Years of experience:
5 years of progressive experience focusing on sustainable development, SDGs and socioeconomic analysis, especially hands-on experience on developing economics
Qualified candidates should submit their details, Resume and Cover Letter through our AHG portal linked with Jobs.af and copied below: