Information Management Specialist
- Post Date:October 18, 2022
- Views 68
- Career Level ManagerExperience 7 YearsGender Both
- Industry ManagementQualification Master’s DegreeSalary As per Organization Salary Scale
- Number of Opportunities 1Vacancy Number 2202862Location Kabul
About Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations:
FAO Afghanistan is investing, across all 34 provinces, in resilience reinforcing actions that focus on protecting agriculture livelihoods and local ecosystems, boosting local production of nutritious foods and cash-incomes, and safeguarding critical agriculture sectoral development gains achieved over the past couple of decades through revitalizing rural markets and economy. In 2022-2023, FAO will, under the life-saving assistance Outcome (1) of the UN Transitional Engagement Framework (TEF), focus on the following four priority actions: (i) Safeguarding Wheat Seed Security, (ii) Enhancing Local Production of Nutritious Food, (iii) Livestock Protection and Dairy Sector Support, and (iv) Restoring Irrigation Structures to Boost Cash Incomes. Additionally, FAO will contribute towards resilience building activities under Outcome 2 of the TEF.
This National Project Personnel position is SB4.
The Information Management Specialist will work under the overall supervision of the FAO Representative, under the technical supervision of the Emergency and Rehabilitation Officer and the direct supervision of Head of Risk Analysis, Agriculture and Food Security.
The Information Management Specialist will be part of the Risk Analysis, Agriculture and Food Security Unit. The Information Management Specialist will support the FAO Afghanistan country team in collecting, analysing, and sharing information that is important for the country team to make informed, evidence based and strategic decisions as well as to reinforce advocacy efforts on emergency livelihoods assistance. The Specialist will be producing timely data analysis and related programmatic and advocacy tools consolidating linkages between the between the programme, communications and Monitoring and Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) team.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Create maps, dashboard and infographics based on FAO activities, needs or analysis;
- In-depth yet timely analysis of data and report of trends and needs emerging from the MEAL data collection as well as from external resources;
- Promote systematic use of FAO monitoring and reporting data and external sources for evidence based programme development and programme adaptation;
- Design appropriate and user friendly tools to analyse and present relevant information to FAO partners (charts, crop calendars, seasonal migrations maps, graphics);
- Assist in the analysis of return on investment measurement of FAO emergency livelihoods assistance packages;
- Conduct secondary data review and inventories of available data and assist in forecasting impacts on the agriculture sector (drought/flood monitoring systems; socio-economic indicators etc);
- Provide technical assistance to FSAC members on assessment design, data analysis and information management ( IPC, SFSA, etc) as well as in the consolidation of data relevant for formulation on HNO and HRP;
- Provide technical inputs and support quality review of various ongoing initiatives linked to assessments (COVID 19 impacts assessments, Resilience Index Measurement and Analysis (RIMA) etc);
- Support corporate initiatives on data collection and information management (Global Information and Early Warning System (GIEWS), Hand-in-Hand Initiatives etc)
- Advanced (Masters) degree or University (Bachelor) degree in agriculture, geography and natural sciences, engineer, information systems, library and information sciences, informatics, human resources, or a related field;
- For advanced degree at least five (5) years of relevant work experience in humanitarian and agricultural/rural development sectors including work experience with national and international NGO’s, UN agencies and governments;
- For university degree at least seven (7) years of relevant work experience in humanitarian and agricultural/rural development sectors including work experience with national and international NGO’s, UN agencies and governments;
- Working knowledge (level C) of English and local languages (Pashto and Dari);
- National of Afghanistan.
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Working knowledge of geospatial analysis software (ARCGIS, QGIS etc).
- Working knowledge of dashboard and infographics creation (PowerBi, Tableau, etc).
- Working knowledge of data collection tools (KOBO, ODK etc).
- Knowledge of Remote Sensing Analysis software (ENVI, GEE, ERDAS etc).
- Experience or familiarity with food security and livelihoods, including surveillance or monitoring systems, post-disaster needs recovery, risk and hazards profiling.
- Strong analytical skills, results interpretation, and communication for wide ranges of data and information users.
- Knowledge of agriculture, food security, livelihoods, food systems and value chains in the context of Afghanistan.
- Ability to work under pressure and adapt to an evolving and complex humanitarian context and within multidisciplinary and different cultural background teams.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Coordination skills with strong individual planning capacity.
- Knowledge of humanitarian principles.
- Strong professional command of Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of Adobe package.
- Previous work experience with the UN is an advantage.
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing).
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help please contact: [email protected]
- Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted.
- Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications
- For additional employment opportunities visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
HOW TO APPLY
- Candidates are requested to attach a letter of motivation to the online profile.
- We encourage applicants to submit the application well before the deadline date.
- If you need help, or have queries, please contact: [email protected]
Female applicants are highly encouraged to apply.
FAO IS A NON-SMOKING ENVIRONMENT