IHR/PoE Focal Point (Grade/Level NO-C)
- Post Date:October 24, 2022
- Views 43
- Career Level ManagerExperience 5 YearsGender Both
- Industry Health CareQualification CertificateSalary As per Organization Salary Scale
- Number of Opportunities 1Vacancy Number WHOAFG-2022-10-94Location Kabul
About World Health Organization:
The World Health Organization (WHO) is the technical and coordinating authority for health within the United Nations system. It is responsible for providing leadership in global health matters, shaping the health research agenda, setting norms and standards, articulating evidence-based policy options, providing technical and implementation support and monitoring and assessing health trends. In Afghanistan, WHO works to improve the
health and well-being of all Afghans by preventing and reducing mortality, morbidity and disability and strengthening health services in close coordination with national and international partners.
Purpose of the Post:
In the context of WHO Health Emergencies Program and concurrent COVID-19 pandemic, the public health officer will contribute to developing the country prevention, preparedness, detection and response capacities to public health emergencies and potential epidemics/pandemics of high threat pathogens. The incumbent will provide technical guidance to national counterparts including public health and other related authorities in line with WHO technical guidelines
Objectives of the Programme and the immediate Strategic Objective (Overview of the programme):
The mission of WHO’s Health Emergencies Program is to help countries, and to coordinate international action, when needed, in order to prevent, prepare for, detect, rapidly respond to, and recover from outbreaks and other public health emergencies
Organizational context (Describe the individual role of incumbent within the team, focusing on the intricacy and difficulty of working environment):
IHR/PoE Focal Point will work under direct supervision of the Epidemiologist IHP/CPI and overall guidance of WHO Health Emergency Team Leader
Duties & Responsibilities:
Summary of Assigned Duties (Describe what the incumbent has to do to achieve main objectives; include main achievements expected):
The incumbent will perform the following duties:
Provide technical support to MOPH and other relevant stakeholders to develop One Heath Strategy and facilitate its implementation
· Support country in enhancing one-health coordination mechanism and capacity development for zoonotic diseases
· Work closely with national counterparts for legislative update including mandatory reporting of priority diseases, applying public health and social measures during pandemic
· Support the country to develop capacity on Chemical, Biological and Radionuclear/CBRN events
· Prepare detailed reports to the donors, WHO EMRO and HQ when needed
· Prepare Request for proposals/RFP and Request for Quotation/RFQ when required
1) Producing results
2) Fostering Integration and Team work
3) Communicating in a credible and effective way
4) Moving forward in a changing environment.
5) Effective use of resources
Functional Skills and Knowledge:
Good technical skills in the design and implementation of Public Health projects
Good report writing skills
Good communication skill
Essential: First level university degree is required in medicine/MD.
Desirable: Postgraduate degree in public health or epidemiology
Essential: At least 5 years of experience in public health.
Desirable: Working experience with WHO/ UN or international nongovernmental organization
Languages: Fluent in English and the local languages.
– Good knowledge of Microsoft applications.
– Knowledge of ERP/Oracle applications is an asset
« Screening of the candidates;
Ø Long List – The candidates shall be longlisted base on the minimum qualifications and relevant experience to the Vacancy Notice (VN).
Ø Short List – Further shortlist shall be done base on years of relevant experience, higher education and required skills.
« Assessment method:
Interested applicants (Afghan National) meeting the above qualifications are requested to submit their applications quoting this Vacancy Announcement Number (WHOAFG-2022-10-94) along with their curriculum vitae, copy of National ID (Tazkira) to below mentioned email: [email protected]
Applications received after the closing date will not be considered. ONLY CANDIDATES UNDER SERIOUS CONSIDERATION WILL BE CONTACTED FOR INTERVIEW AND TEST.
WHO is a smoke free environment.