- Post Date:October 12, 2022
- Views 9
- Career Level OfficerExperience 8 Years +Gender Both
- Industry Computer and TechnologyQualification Bachelor DegreeSalary As per Organization Salary Scale
- Number of Opportunities 1Vacancy Number 2022-10-219Location Kabul
The United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UN-Habitat) is the UN agency for human settlements. It is mandated by the UN General Assembly to promote socially and environmentally sustainable town and cities with the goal of providing adequate shelter for all. This post is located in the UN Habitat Regional Office for Asia and Pacific (ROAP) at Kabul duty station.
The United Nations Human Settlements Programme, UN-Habitat, has been working within Afghanistan since 1992 with funding support of USAID, Japanese and Australian Governments, EU, CIDA, Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC), Kingdom of the Netherlands and several other bilateral donors and multilateral donors. During this period, its programme has expanded to include a wide range of human settlements initiatives, from humanitarian emergency support to small-scale neighborhood level improvement schemes to municipal scale governance reforms.
Operations Section, UN-Habitat Afghanistan Programme is responsible for providing professional, timely, accurate, effective, and efficient support to the country office programme by ensuring that financial resources are unitized in the best interest of the organization and in line with UN rules and regulations. The Operations Section comprise of Finance Management, Human Resource Management, ICT, and security.
Under direct supervision of Administrative Officer, ICT Officer will be responsible for providing reliable ICT support to UN-Habitat main and provincial offices in Afghanistan.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1- Policy Level Input:
– ICT Management and better service delivery Developing policies, procedures and methods.
– Data Management and Monitoring Backup system for UN-Habitat Afghanistan offices.
– Developing and implementation of ICT annual plan and updating Standard Operating Procedures as and when required.
– Risk assessment and practical steps in safeguarding UN-Habitat Afghanistan Data.
2- Maintenance and System Development:
– Managing and leading ICT Unit.
– Management of the Local Area Network in line with UN-Habitat policies, standards and
– Communicating and responding to daily ICTs activities.
– Firewall installation, configuration, and maintenance.
– Pro-actively advice on the regular maintenance and possible development of ICT system.
– Undertake regular technical test, software upgrades/updates including antivirus.
– Manage and maintain the UN-Habitat server room and all equipment installed.
– Advice on purchase and installation on hardware and software.
– Monitoring of the network connection on a daily basis to ensure a stable and responsive network environment.
– Monitoring internet service providers to ensure agreed services are provided.
– Troubleshooting and monitoring of network problems. Ensure that the UN-Habitat ICT equipment are well maintained.
– Implementation of Additional Domain controller.
– Email System administration.
– Active Directory installation, configuration, and maintenance.
– File server configuration and maintenance.
– Print server configuration and maintenance.
– Load balancer installation configuration and maintenance.
– Wire and Wireless system plan and implementation.
3- Reporting inputs:
– 1 – Monthly ISP internet performance report.
– 2- Providing weekly meeting report of ICT activities
– 5- Providing mission report, up on completion of each mission.
– 6- Any other ICT related issues report as and when needed.
4- Capacity Building input:
– Google drive training.
– Share Drive current status and changes presentation.
– Google Searching technique and simple searching.
– Training of staff member on and upcoming changes in ICT practices on system development.
Competencies (Select 3 Maximum)
Professionalism: Ability to identify and resolve budgetary problems and identify sources for data collection. Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations. Takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work.
Teamwork: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others; places team agenda before personal agenda; supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position; shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
Planning& Organizing: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary; uses time efficiently.
developments inside and outside the clients’ environment to keep informed and anticipate problems; keeps clients informed
a) Education & Experience:
ICT Officer should have University Degree in Computer Science or other closely related fields with 12 experience in the operation and management of a relatively large Local Area Network Operational experience with Managing ICT Team, Server Management, Internet protocol, IP routing management common internet service interfaces (HTTP, FTP, telnet, SMTP, POP) and prove experience in the configuration and administration of internet services on Windows servers, work experience in web page designing in a definite asset.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the posts advertised, fluency in oral and written English is required.
Interested Afghan National Candidates should submit the following required documents.
1. A cover letter that shows how your qualifications and experience meet the VA requirement.
2. An update CV+ P11 form for individual contractor (IC) that contains all your information
To the [email protected] indicating on the SUBJECT line the vacancy number of the position, please note that applications received after the closing date (18-October- 2022) will not be given consideration. Only short-listed candidates whose applications respond to the above criteria will be contacted for an interview.
Note: Subject line must be: (2022-10-219)or your application may not be considered.
Submission Email: [email protected]