Humanitarian Response Senior Program Officer
- Post Date:October 31, 2022
- Views 46
- Career Level OfficerExperience 5 YearsGender Both
- Industry ManagementQualification Bachelor DegreeSalary As per Organization Salary Scale
- Number of Opportunities 1Vacancy Number IRW-CO-031-2022Location Kabul
About Islamic Relief Worldwide:
Islamic Relief Worldwide (IRW) is an international, non-profitable, non-governmental humanitarian relief organization with its head quarter in Birmingham, UK. It enjoys consultative status with the Economic and Social Council of the United Nations and is a signatory to the Code of Conduct for International Red Cross and red Crescent Moments and NGOs in Disaster Relief. Islamic Relief has been working in Afghanistan for more than 23 years, providing emergency relief and implementing life-changing development projects for some of the most vulnerable people in the country. Islamic Relief set up our first Afghanistan office in 1999. Since then, IRA continued providing assistances in emergency relief, food security, livelihood, education, health, nutrition, shelter, orphan sponsorship, Ramadan and Qurbani programmes.
The Humanitarian Response Senior Humanitarian Program Officer will be responsible to the Humanitarian Program Coordinator on all aspects of the Humanitarian Program in Afghanistan. These include Humanitarian Situation Analysis, Humanitarian Programs Development and planning, reporting, implementation, representation, administration, and staff development. The overall objective is to ensure improved positioning of IRA in terms of DRR, Disaster Preparedness, and the Capacity to respond effectively within 72 hours to disasters in the Country. The details are as follows:
Duties & Responsibilities:
- To provide strategic direction in programming for Disaster Risk Reduction and Emergency Response including development of Emergency Preparedness Plans (EPP) with active and up to date Country Contingency Plans (CCP).
- To lead on the design and implementation of any humanitarian response, DRR and Disaster Preparedness projects.
- To conduct the situational analysis and design of system to monitor emerging humanitarian situations.
- To manage/Lead assessment of humanitarian emergency as soon as it occurs and if needed for rehabilitation response.
- To assist in drawing up proposals for possible funding from donors and IR Partners.
- To Assess emerging vulnerabilities and ensures they are considered in future programming and funding decisions.
- To ensure appropriate targeting mechanisms across all projects and gender mainstreaming to ensure the most vulnerable beneficiaries are adequately and appropriately assisted.
- To engage with UN, NGOs, CBOs and government line ministries on developing and ensuring adherence to minimum humanitarian standards in implementation of projects.
- To contribute towards policy review, research and analysis related to specific humanitarian issues of Islamic Relief
- To lead on preparing reports, and field level assessments.
- To perform any and other tasks as required.
- Ensuring work plans for the emergency program, DRR and Disaster Preparedness are developed in line with the strategy and the country plan.
- Ensuring appropriate technical assistance is provided to projects as well as to national contribution to support the development of best practices for humanitarian response.
- To support and manage project-based management tier to ensure that field-based operations are effectively managed and efficiently run, especially during humanitarian response, and expected to spend up to 80% time at the field during active emergency response implementation and up to 40% during normal times.
- Compliance with organizational systems, including responsible for quality and timely management reporting (financial and narrative) as agreed.
Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning & Knowledge Management
- Work closely with the Head of Program and M&E Unit to ensure a user-friendly monitoring system, methodology, tools/methods, checklists, indicators, reporting formats are in place to track immediate results/outputs and impact/outcomes against planned initiatives of all Programs.
- With support from Head of Program to ensure program quality system is coherently joined up and well-integrated with the overall country level system to demonstrate bigger impact of IR work at the micro & macro level.
Donors Contract Management and Fundraising
- Accountable for overall and day-to-day management of donor’s contracts of Humanitarian projects.
- Provide support to, and ensure capacity building of team members, partners, and allies in developing their understanding and practicing compliance with the mandatory requirements of different donors as per the signed contracts with them.
- Work closely with Program Coordinator in development and implementing a clear funding strategy as well as meeting fund raising targets for the humanitarian program.
Emergency Team Leadership and Management:
- Day-to-day and on the ground management of the emergency project teams based in the various provinces during the humanitarian emergency response operations.
- Ensures proactive engagement with relevant sector groups, national and international NGOs, beneficiaries, community members, and government representatives during the monitoring and review of activities implemented within Afghanistan.
- Ensures that all reports are prepared and submitted on time and with high quality.
- Ensures that program targets and timelines are adhered to.
- Reviews narrative and financial reports and budget status updates and give critical feedback;
Financial Management and Budgeting
- To prepare budget for the emergency program on regular basis.
- To monitor actual expenditures as provided by Finance against budget forecasts and phasing and keep track of budget variances
- To ensure overall program cost effectiveness and efficient utilization of funds
- Bachelor of Business Administration, and Project Management (Master is preferred).
- Minimum 4 to 6 years’ progressive working experience in humanitarian response programming and humanitarian Coordination as Sr. Program Officer.
- Good communication, negotiation, analytical and report writing, Proposal Writing skills.
- Good computer skills Windows/MS Office/Excel and command on using statistical packages.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of standards for implementation of projects.
- Proficiency in Pashto and Dari along with Fluency level of English language
- Good interpersonal and social skill
Submission Guidelines: Interested and qualified national candidates should submit a cover letter explaining their motivation and updated CV to the following:
The closing date for accepting applications is 06 November 2022.
Please clearly state the Vacancy Announcement number and title of the position you are applying for in the subject line.
Please note that applications received after the closing date will not be considered and only short-listed candidates will be called for written test/interview.