Humanitarian Coordinator (Head of Department)
- Post Date:August 28, 2022
- Views 84
- Career Level ExecutiveExperience 8 Years +Gender Both
- Industry ManagementQualification DiplomaSalary As per company salary scale
- Number of Opportunities 1Vacancy Number (HC#20/4/22)Location Kabul
About DAARTT (Danish Assistance to Afghan Rehabilitation and Technical Training)
DAARTT (Danish Assistance to Afghan Rehabilitation and Technical Training) is an NGO established in Afghanistan by the Danish People’s Aid (DPA) in 2003.
The organization is specialized in construction and has built more than 200 schools, clinics and other buildings in Afghanistan, but is also engaged in humanitarian activities, such as construction of wells for drought-hit families and distribution of non-food items and emergency cash to people in need. Activities are funded by AHF and Danish humanitarian funds. DAARTT is a member of ACBAR and of the Shelter and NFI, WASH and education clusters
Responsibilities and tasks:
The humanitarian coordinator will:
- Coordinate DAARTT’s humanitarian activities, support the development of its humanitarian programme, and promote fundraising for the programme.
- Represent DAARTT in humanitarian cooperation fora, including AHF, cluster and ACBAR meetings and actively promote DAARTT interests at meetings.
- Keep abreast of developments in the humanitarian sector, identify upcoming needs and opportunities for DAARTT and advise on policies and priorities.
- Ensure DAARTT humanitarian policies are up-to-date and in line with prevailing humanitarian standards.
- Identify possible partnerships with other humanitarian actors and develop partnerships, as necessary.
- Draft and present humanitarian project proposals for funding.
- Manage and monitor DAARTT humanitarian projects and engage in trouble shooting to ensure progress of projects, as necessary.
- Prepare all required external and internal reports on progress and results of projects, and present progress to donors, as necessary.
- Prepare requests for procurement under humanitarian funding and support the DAARTT procurement unit, as appropriate, in ensuring timely availability of items for humanitarian interventions.
- Prepare job descriptions and vacancy announcements for humanitarian staff and support recruitment activities.
- Analyse the Afghan humanitarian situation and developments and prepare documents on humanitarian issues, as needed by the organization.
Organize and coordinate the work of DAARTT’s humanitarian management group and follow up on decisions made by the group
- Appropriate university degree.
- A minimum of twelve years progressive experience with planning, monitoring and management of humanitarian interventions.
- Strong analytical skills and thorough knowledge of the humanitarian situation and developments in Afghanistan.
- Extensive experience with participation in humanitarian cooperation fora. Strong communication skills and ability to represent and promote DAARTT at all levels.
- Excellent English language skills and ability to draft reports, project proposals for donors and other documents in English.
- Fluency in Dari and Pashto.
- DAARTT is an equal opportunities employer. Qualified women are therefore encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates are requested to send their application (complete C.V along with a cover letter and reference information) to DAARTT Human Resource Department.
Please indicate the vacancy number and job title ((HC#1/8/2022)) clearly in the subject line
DAARTT is an equal opportunities employer. Qualified women are therefore encouraged to apply.