Human Resources Assistant
- Post Date:November 7, 2022
- Views 60
- Career Level OfficerExperience Less than 1 YearGender Both
- Industry Health CareQualification DiplomaSalary As per Organization Salary Scale
- Number of Opportunities 1Vacancy Number 220008BXLocation Kandahar
About Save the Children:
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
• No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
• All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
• Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
SCI – Afghanistan
Save the Children has been working in Afghanistan since 1976. Our way of working close to people and on their own terms has enabled us to deliver lasting change to tens of thousands of children in the country. The UN Convention of the Rights of the Child is the basis of our work.
We are helping children get a better education, we make it possible for more boys and girls to attend school, we help children protect themselves and influence their own conditions. We work with families, communities and health workers in homes, clinics and hospitals to promote basic health in order to save lives of children and mothers
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
• Ensure that the recruitment cycle is followed properly with zero interference and correct documentation for roles assigned
• Work with human resources team to ensure all recruitment related documents are properly documented, personnel files created and necessary reports prepared.
• Organise test processes and/or facilitates them as necessary.
• Ensure that correct documents are shared with the Country Office for review and senior-level approvals after review by supervisor.
• Ensure that all external vacancies are advertised on ACBAR.
• Support the HR unit to update recruitment trackers at the provincial level.
General HR support:
• Support the organisation of group inductions for new joiners on mandatory topics including the Code of Conduct, Child Safeguarding and Fraud Awareness.
• Where required, present inductions on HR-related topics during staff inductions.
• Ensure that all staff are highly aware of internal policies and acceptable behaviours in the workplace.
• Ensure that all personnel files have a completed document checklist with up-to-date documentation including contract, cover letter, CV, diploma, application form and all related documents.
• Work with HR team to support paperless HR and digital filing project
• Ensure that all personnel files are securely stored, well-organised and placed in a locked container.
• Update leave balance trackers for all staff.
• Provide quality HR services to staff in the provinces.
• Ensure that female staff meetings are given the space and respect to take place.
• Promote the inclusion, empowerment and promotion of female staff as equal colleagues within the workplace.
• Closed follow up of Community base staff time sheet and keeping the database and his/her leave record properly.
• Any other tasks assigned by supervisor.
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
• holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
• holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
• sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
• widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
• future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
• builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
• values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
• approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
• develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
• willing to take disciplined risks.
• honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
• High School Graduated, University Degree will be preferred
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
• Essential Minimum of 1 year HR expierance with Nationl or International NGOs.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work as a team player
• Ability to keep sensitive information confidential
• Fluent in Pashto and/or Dari with skills in English
• Strong skills in coordinating and collaborating with others in partnership
• IT skills (e.g. Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
• Experience working in humanitarian emergencies across multiple areas of Afghanistan
• Previous experience in NNGOs/INGOs, UN etc.
• Ability and willingness to travel within Afghanistan
• Understanding staff care for humanitarian staff, in particular approaches to welfare, stress, and debriefing
Qualified applicants are highly encouraged to apply for the position by filling in the online application form. In addition to the online application form, they can also attach their CV and cover letter in the online system. Please note that only the applications received through the online portal will be considered for this position.
Applicants can login to the online application system by copying and pasting the following link intro their web browser. Returning users will need to enter their username and password, first time users will need to create a user account.
It is recommended that you save your username and password for future job applications through the online system.