- Post Date:September 10, 2022
- Views 94
- Career Level ManagerExperience 5 YearsGender Both
- Industry ManagementQualification Bachelor DegreeSalary As per company salary scale
- Number of Opportunities 1Vacancy Number AAH/AFG-2022-150Location Daikondi
About Action Against Hunger:
Action Against Hunger (AAH) is a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) that was created in France in 1979. AAH has been active in Afghanistan in the medical, nutrition, food security, and water and sanitation fields since 1995. AAH improved access to health and nutrition services for the most vulnerable people, who live in remote areas without a local health system. In particular, the country team supported pregnant and breastfeeding women and children under five, who are at greater risk of malnutrition. Nutrition programmes rely on an integrated approach, addressing both primary and underlying causes, in order to have a lasting impact on nutritional status. The country team worked at community level, in villages and at provincial level, strengthening the public health system. It also worked at national level to ensure reliable information about the nutritional situation reached the wider humanitarian community. Covid-19 prevention was integrated into all interventions and additional response activities were implemented, such as the disinfection of health facilities and public places, cash assistance, psychosocial support and the distribution of hygiene kits to affected populations.
Objective of post
Support the management of the Human Resources of the Daikundi base.
Mission 1: Participate to the definition, implementation and follow up of the national HR policies for the mission
Under the supervision of FC and HRHOD:
- Ensure the update and implementation of HR procedures and tools on the base offices
- Ensure a legal/regulatory watch on any new text that impact the HR management of the mission
- Contribute, with the HRHOD to the collection of necessary information and to the revision of HR policies
- Participate to the revision of the HR strategy and the its implementation follow up
Mission 2: Supervising the national staff administration and payroll, and ensuring the coherence of work organization
Under the supervision of FC and HRHOD:
- Create and submit monthly payrolls, social contributions, and declarations to the local authorities
- Follow up on the end of contract dates for all employees
- Verify the JD revised by managers
- Capitalize and prepare consolidated organizational charts for the base
- Check the bases’ HR statistics and contribute to the mission’s HR indicators
- Prepare necessary HR files in case of audits, and HR reports to the authorities
Mission 3: Ensure the follow up of the administrative management of national staff
Under the supervision of FC and HR-HOD:
- Brief and debrief national staff on administrative issues upon joining and departure from AAH
- Liaise with authorities for the process of work permits and registrations
- Control and centralize break/leave requests and time sheets
- Manage the flight tickets for the break/leave of delocalized staff and other movements
- Follow up on the end of contract dates (and prepare amendments at the request of FC)
- Prepare mission per diem calculations and transfer the information to the Financial Manager for payments
- Ensure the follow up of the Child Allowance, couple and family status
- Update the individual follow up and maintain staff personnel files
Mission 4: Provide for the recruitment and training of all employees and promote career development
Under the supervision of FC and HRHOD:
- Plan recruitments and participate to recruitment interviews
- Ensure proper follow up of the procedures, implementation and respect of the annual appraisal planning
- Contribute to the construction of the annual training plan of the base, to its implementation and to its achievement report
- Develop relationships with universities and partners in the frame of the recruitment and training policies
- Support staff and managers for career and competence development
Mission 5: Participate to the internal communication and to the sustainability of professional relations with all partners
With the support or by delegation of FC and HRHOD:
- Organize, participate and/or animate staff information meetings
- Elaborate and communicate internal HR notes for the base
- Receive staff requests and grievance and inform the FC
- Participate to the meetings with local authorities and organizations (Labor Inspection, Ministry of Labor, insurances, social welfare, …)
- Ensure to provide all data required by audit processes
- Proactive and responsive during the HR audit made by third party.
Mission 6: Manage the Human Resources team
- Day-to-day management of the HR team in the base (guidance, follow-up, motivation…)
- Help to identify recruitment needs and structural gaps
- Evaluating the performance and developing the skills of the team members
- Identifying the training needs of the team
Mission 7: Participate to staff capacity building plan & monthly treasury cost
- Preparing the capacity building plan for all national staff with close follow up of all departments
- Arranging and facilitating the trainings
- Preparing the weekly and monthly movement follow up and management of the guest house for delocalized staff and capital missions.
Mission 8: update daily HR database and tools:
- Updates day-day Homere database, (Employee data & documents, contracts, pay roll, leaves, evaluation, salary advance, loan management, training records,
- Manage monthly payroll (HOMERE) and make sure the pay roll is generating smoothly, accuracy and consistencies.
- Make sure to enter all required information related to staff in Homere database.
- Make sure to attach all employee diploma and certificates and record employment history, updates employee work, education background and home address and contact details.
- Identifying any discrepancy and problem link to payment and report to FC.
- Sending monthly PER to HR HOD.
- Having close follow up with HR HOD or DHOD for any changes or issue related to database.
- Make sure the loans and salary advance request and payment are in line with AAH policy and procedure loan policy and keep proper filing.
- Record of all loan requests, soft and hard.
- Sending notification and schedule to all supervisors/HOD, department for their staff performance appraisal, contract renewals or any other administrative changes and requirements.
- Leaves management and follow up.
- Update and record employee leave and circulate the leave balance to all staff on monthly basis.
- Make sure all staff signed the updated employment contracts, charters and policies.
- Ensure the salary, benefits and contract are inconformity with the monthly pay roll and payment.
Qualification/level of study:
Bachelor Degree + 3 years higher education in HR and at least 5 years’ professional experiences in HR
Knowledge of collective and individual management fundamentals : local labor law/regulations, staff representation, remuneration and social benefits, payroll and staff administration, recruitment, training, career management)
Team management – organizational skills and management of priorities – good analysis skills – high sense of confidentiality – diplomacy – good relational skills – good English knowledge (oral and written) – computer literate (word and excel, outlook)
- Able to develop a global and long term vision
- Be sensitive to others and to the environment
- Able to mentor and transfer its knowledge
- Able to argue, convince, lead a negotiation
- Able to develop, maintain and mobilize a professional external network
Qualified and interested candidates should submit a cover letter and CV (with three Referees) indicating the vacancy announcement reference to the address: Human Resources Department AAH office or can also be emailed to:
[email protected] no later 20 of September 2022.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a full CV (maximum four pages) with a cover letter explaining their motivation in applying for the job and highlighting their relevant skills and experience.
In the e-mail subject line, please put job title & vacancy number of the position you are applying for, otherwise your applications will not be screened.
Do not submit academic certificates with the application. These can be requested if the candidate is selected.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the written test/interview.
Action Against Hunger is an equal opportunity employer