HR Associate - Pre-Clearance
- Post Date:August 21, 2022
- Views 44
- Experience 6 YearsGender BothIndustry Management
- Qualification Bachelor DegreeNumber of OpportunitiesLocation Bangkok, Thailand
- Language English | Spanish
Background Information – Job-specific
Under the direct supervision of the Personnel Administration HR Senior Officer, the HR Associate – Pre-Clearance is responsible for reviewing recruitment processes to ensure proper implementation of recruitment rules. The HR Associate – Pre-Clearance works in close collaboration with the Programme, Project and Support Services colleagues administering ICA personnel globally and with UNOPS HQ colleagues, to exchange information and ensure consistent service delivery to UNOPS and partner personnel in the ICA Award pre-clearance process. The HR Associate – Pre-Clearance provides compliance support to the field office support services function, ensuring high quality of work, accurate, timely and properly recorded/documented service delivery. Additionally, the HR Associate – Pre-Clearance promotes a client-oriented approach, consistent with rules and regulations.
Summary of Key Functions:
Compliance and oversight support to recruitment processes
Support development of HR compliance practices and policy development
Knowledge building and knowledge sharing
1. Compliance and oversight support to recruitment processes
Provide client advice and review HR selection processes (normally within the oneUNOPS ERP system) including but not limited to ICA award pre-clearances
Review documentation submissions for accuracy and thoroughness, according to guidelines, vis-a-vis procedural and technical steps in the selection process, candidate sourcing, vacancy announcement particulars, longlisting and shortlisting, fee setting, etc.
Ensure compliance with rulesets governing ICA award pre-clearance requirements and practices with a view of minimizing the risks for the clearance authority
Provides well-documented positive or negative recommendations to the clearance authority
Guide hiring offices and personnel on UNOPS pre-clearance processes and requirements
Provide guidance to hiring offices on administrative procedures, processes and practices within ICA award creation
Provide advice to supervisors and offices on good practices, policies and procedures in ICA award creation
Liaise with UNOPS’ HR related groups such as SSC and PCG to escalate relevant issues and seek advice.
Establish and maintain monitoring systems, advising the supervisor and hiring offices on the status of pending requests and approaching deadlines.
2. Support development of HR compliance practices and policy development
Synthesize lessons learnt as part of the compliance review process.
Collect feedback, ideas, and internal knowledge about processes and best practices and utilize productively.
Undertake research on a range of HR related issues and contribute data as well as draft notes/reports.
Contribute to HR compliance, practice improvement, and policy development as well as related corporate HR initiatives by assisting with the collection of data on trends, risks and opportunities.
Assist with projects in support of HR initiatives for attainment of business objectives in line with the corporate HR strategy.
Support the communication of HR policy changes and new HR initiatives to management and personnel, providing guidance as needed.
3. Knowledge building and knowledge sharing
Organize, facilitate and/or deliver training and learning initiatives for personnel on matters pertaining to the pre-clearance of ICA awards.
Provide sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice by disseminating best practices in terms of HR compliance and ICA award creation.
Support the communication on HR policy changes and new HR initiatives to management and personnel, providing guidance as needed.
• Completion of Secondary education required. First University Degree preferably in Human Resources Management, Business Administration, Public Administration, or equivalent disciplines is desirable and may substitute for some of the required years of experience, but is not a requirement.
• Knowledge of UN policies, procedures and practices is desirable.
• Minimum of six years of relevant experience in an international and/or national organization in providing support to recruitment, and/or HR-generalist support services.
• Proficiency in computers and office software packages and experience in handling of web-based management systems is required.
• Experience in use of HR information and/or Enterprise systems is desirable.
• Full knowledge of English and Spanish is essential.
• Knowledge of another official UNOPS language is an asset.
Contract type, level and duration
Contract type: Local Individual Contractor Agreement
Contract level: LICA-6
Contract duration: Open-ended, subject to organizational requirements, availability of funds and satisfactory performance.
• Please note that the closing date is midnight Copenhagen time
• Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
• Only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
• Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
• UNOPS seeks to reasonably accommodate candidates with special needs, upon request.
• Work life harmonization – UNOPS values its people and recognizes the importance of balancing professional and personal demands. We have a progressive policy on work-life harmonization and offer several flexible working options. This policy applies to UNOPS personnel on all contract types
• For staff positions only, UNOPS reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level than the advertised level of the post
• For retainer contracts, you must complete a few Mandatory Courses (around 4 hours) in your own time, before providing services to UNOPS.
• The incumbent is responsible to abide by security policies, administrative instructions, plans and procedures of the UN Security Management System and that of UNOPS.
Related Jobs (27)
Diversity and Inclusion Manager (IDM 2.0) Magdeburg (m/f/d) on September 16, 2022 Full Time Job
Physical Design Engineer( Synthesis , Placement and Routing) on September 16, 2022 Full Time Job