HMIS and Capacity Building Specialist
- Post Date:September 26, 2022
- Views 41
- Career Level OfficerExperience 5 YearsGender Both
- Industry Health CareQualification Bachelor DegreeSalary As per Organization Salary Scale
- Number of Opportunities 1Vacancy Number HMIS and Capacity Building Specialist ReReLocation Kabul
About Ministry of Public Health:
Strengthening Mechanism (SM) is a contract-in mechanism program of Ministry of Public Health, founded by World bank and Italian cooperation in 2011, with the mission to develop the health status to improve the health of the people especially, women, and children through implementing of smooth Basic Package of Health Service (BPHS) , Essential Package of Hospital Service (EPHS) ,and tertiary Hospitals as the standard, agreed –upon minimum of health care to be provided at each level of the health system. The aim of SM is to strength the ability of the Provincial PHDs to deliver the BPHS & EPHS financial management, human resource management, logistic and procurement capacity, technical capacity, and to explore for needs and demand of population in Seven provinces named; Kabul, Herat, Parwan, Kapisa , Panjshir , Helmand, Badakhshan to enhance and sustain government health sector capacity for smooth and sound implementation of MoPH policies and strategies. In addition, MoPH expects to establish and keep an alternative of MoPH for contract – out modality in the country and could compare both advantages and the areas of improvement of the two mechanisms when needed. This contract-in Management mechanism has successfully implemented SEHATMANDI (World Bank), and Support to National Health Program in the Province of Kabul and Herat projects (Italian Agency for Development Cooperation) with considerable improvement and contribution in the health of vulnerable population especially of women, children and community nutrition status. Project development objective is to expand the scope and coverage of health services provided to the population, particularly for the poor, and will enhance the stewardship functions of the MoPH.
The MoPH-SM SEHADMANDI project is a unit in the Ministry of Public Health responsible for coordinating the implementation in the three provinces of Afghanistan (Kabul (Qasaba Hospital and Pulcharkhi CHC plus clinic), Badakhshan, and Helmand). Meanwhile oversee of,Parwan, Kapisa and Panjsher, provinces Health facilities
Support to the Health Program in the Provinces of Kabul, Helmand, and Badakhshan to increase the utilization and quality of high impact health, nutrition, Reproductive Health, reduce maternal and child mortality, and improve health conditions of the Afghan population, particularly in the mentioned provinces through supervision .To ensure HMIS system ( HMIS indicators )in targeted areas by related NGOs through a well-designed and on time plan, support and strength via regular supervision and sound control.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide HMIS technical assistance for SAHDMANDI -SM project in particular in the related SM -Sehatmandi project provinces health facilities,
- Systematic and supportive supervision form HMIS system in the EPHS and BPHS- related SM project provinces Health facilities.
- Assessment of HMIS indicators in the SM province’s health facilities,
- Ensure accuracy of HMIS data in the SM-, Parwan, Kapisa, and Panjsher provinces health facilities,
- To undertake at least ten field missions per month to related HMIS in the EPHS and BPHS-related provinces.
- To support the project team in strengthening supervision of the HMIS system in the health facilities.
- To improve the project and PPHD – team skill and capacity on HMIS,
- Participate in the HMIS meetings with donors, NGOs, and other relative departments, together with the Project manager
- Provide HMIS basic training for SM-project related provinces
- Provide HMIS on-the-job training for health facilities staff during supervision
- Prepare supervision report for SM-Sahatmaandi project provinces related to HMIS data,
- Participate in any survey or study related to HMIS,
- Participate in the joint supervision to gather with the project team, PPHD, NGOs, donors, and other MOPH-related departments
14. Any other related tasks assigned by SAHATMANDI -SM project manager
· Bachelor’s degree (MD), graduated from recognized University and approved by High Education Ministry with 5 years’ work experience in the HMIS with the MOPH or NGOs or donor.
· Have excellent computer and good internet knowledge
· Effective communication skills with good in English and fluency Persian and Pashto
· Able to visit to provinces.
· To undertake at least ten field missions (Supervision) per month to related provinces to gather with project team.
· Coordinate and follow up HMIS issues for SM project provinces.
Electronic applications will be sent to: sub e-mail which corresponds if any of following 2 items is missing, your application will be considered as ineligible/incomplete.
1. In your emails please specify the title of the position as well as vacancy number for electronic submissions and please do the same in the hardcopy submissions.
2. Updated Curriculum vitae (CV)/Resume (Please attached your recent photo and mention in your CV exact date/periods of your work experience, graduation Day, Month, and Year).
If you are shortlisted and invited for written test/interview you will be required to present the original, the following:
A. Education Documents: Your recent education degree/diploma
ÿ Copy of verified Baccalaureate (12 passed) degree by Ministry of Education
ÿ Copy of verified 14 or 15 passed degree by related Ministries
ÿ Copy of verified Bachelor Degree by Ministry of Higher Education
ÿ Copy of verified Medical Doctor Degree by Ministry of Higher Education
ÿ Copy of verified Master degree by Ministry of Higher Education
B. Copy of National Identity Card (Tazkira: Only the pages that show picture and Tazkira number, pages, place of issue and date of issue)
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited to written test/interview and subsequent process. Please contact the person in charge (HR Officer) for confirmation.
• No CVs will be accepted after the closing date.
• Any persuade will be threat as disqualification