Head of Shariah
- Post Date:October 12, 2022
- Views 47
- Career Level OfficerExperience 8 Years +Gender Both
- Industry BankingQualification Master’s DegreeSalary As per Organization Salary Scale
- Number of Opportunities 1Vacancy Number HR 18/10/2022Location Kabul
About Afghanistan International Bank:
Afghanistan International Bank (Incorporated in March 2004) is the first private bank in the country promoted by Asian Development Bank (ADB) and some of the prominent business houses of the country headquartered at Kabul. Within 15 years of commencing business the Bank has grown rapidly throughout the country. AIB believes in developing its people through continuous investment in training and giving larger opportunities to those who grow with the bank. With professional management team ensuring high standards of corporate governance and a professional work environment where every manager is committed to train and develop his people is what makes AIB an employer of choice.
Will be responsible to ensure the whole bank policy, procedure and daily operations, products and instruments are following shariah principle and DAB laws and regulations.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Act as the secretariat for Shariah Board.
• Prepare Shariah audit plan and conduct Shariah Audit to ensure Shariah compliance.
• Prepare Shariah review plan and conduct Shariah Review to ensure Shariah compliance.
• Provide Shariah advisory role to the management in all aspect to ensure Shariah compliance.
• Conduct Shariah training on Islamic finance, AAOIFI standards, product structure and Shariah compliance for the Bank’s staff.
• Organize and conduct public awareness campaign for the Bank.
• Conduct market survey and research to monitor trends in demand and come up with new and innovative Shariah-compliant products.
• Prepare concept paper, internal evaluation and business case for new product to management committee for approval.
• Prepare product manual for endorsement of Shariah Board and Board of Directors.
• Coordinate with relevant department e.g. IT and legal department to prepare system and legal documents for the new product.
• Conduct training for Business and Marketing staff on the new products.
• Coordinate with Marketing Unit in organizing product launching events and prepare marketing materials
• Education: MA or BA in Islamic Banking and Economics or Islamic Shariah Audit, Accounting, Banking or Risk Management. Professional training or certificates in Islamic related field
• Experience: At Least 10 Years of Shariah Auditing and banking experience within the Islamic banking industry, and at least worked for 5 years on product development and investment level
• Excellent written and verbal communication Skills
• Through knowledge of Islamic Baking industry, AAOIFI standards
• Understanding of trading and operational processes of Islamic Banking and Conventional
• Strong Leadership and internal personnel abilities
• Advanced knowledge of Financial Management
Important Application Information:
AIB is committed to a diverse workforce and encourage all eligible local applicants, irrespective of gender, disability, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply.
To apply click on Apply Now on jobs.af page, if you face any difficulties please contact jobs.af customer support via WhatsApp 0773020100
Failure to comply with above guidelines or sharing incomplete information will lead to disqualification of your application.
Short-listed candidates whose applications respond to the above criteria will be contacted for written test and interview. If you did not receive a response within two weeks after closing date, it means you are not shortlisted
We are highly encouraging qualified and eligible disable candidates to apply.
Afghanistan International Bank (AIB) is an Equal Opportunity Employer