Head of foreign Desk
- Post Date:September 25, 2022
- Views 59
- Career Level ManagerExperience 2 YearsGender Male
- Industry Media and NewsQualification Bachelor DegreeSalary As per Organization Salary Scale
- Number of Opportunities 1Vacancy Number 1514Location Kabul
About MOBY Group:
Founded in 2003 MOBY GROUP operates in South & Central Asia, the Middle East and Africa. Headquartered in Dubai, the group employs over 1,200 individuals across 16 businesses.
MOBY has been widely recognized for its role in bringing news and entertainment to underserved populations. It serves over 300 million people through its activities in broadcasting, digital & online, production, strategic communications, publishing, music, sports and research.
MOBY’s local-language content in English, Farsi, Pashto, Hindi, Arabic and Amharic spans a range of genres including dramas, reality television, lifestyle and music shows, sports, news & current affairs and children’s programs.
For more information please visit our website www.mobygroup.com
The incumbent will manage the foreign desk news stories.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Manage foreign desk of news gathering.
• Search and choose topics for foreign stories and assign reports to them.
• Making list of stories and follow-up
• Oversee subordinates’ work and help them in their work.
• Making sure quality foreign stories are prepared.
• Ability to translate live speech from English to Dari or Pashto
• Helping the producers and online team take the best foreign stories in their bulletins and online platforms.
• Make foreign stories.
• Accountable for any matters related to foreign stories.
• Bachelor’s degree (Journalism department, language, and literature department)
• At least 1 year of working experience in media is a must
• Good communication and Dari/ Pashto
• Good English knowledge
• Computer skills (office programs)
• Analytical skills
• Responsibility and ability to work under pressure is required
Interested candidates should send their resumes via e-mail.
Clearly indicate on the subject line the title of the position, vacancy announcement, and applications received after the closing date will not be considered.