- Post Date:August 29, 2022
- Views 67
- Career Level OfficerExperience 2 YearsGender Female
- Industry Health CareQualification DiplomaSalary As per Company salary scale
- Number of Opportunities 1Location Khost
About Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF):
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) Doctors Without Borders) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organization that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, healthcare exclusion, and natural or man-made disasters to populations in danger in more than 70 countries.
Implement gynecological and obstetrician procedures, performing any other prior treatment required, during or immediately after a woman has given birth in order to improve women’s reproductive health and to reduce pregnancy, delivery and neonatology risks. This will be done in accordance with MSF policies, protocols and universal hygiene standards and in multidisciplinary collaboration with other medical doctors and midwife services.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Objectives of the Position
-Provide health care related to gynecology and obstetrics to patients, including prevention, diagnosis, and treatment
– Ensure the implementation of MSF clinical policies, tools, guidelines, and protocols related to gynecology and obstetrics in order to minimize clinical risk and extend best reproductive practices
– In collaboration with other medical colleagues, carry out the collection of quantitative gynecological data and ensure exhaustive use of management tools in order to improve gynecological results and to share knowledge among other field specialists
– Plan and supervise the HR-associated processes (recruitment, training, performance evaluation, development, and internal/external communication) of the gynecological staff in order to ensure both an efficient sizing and the amount of knowledge required, to improve people’s capabilities and their active participation in influencing the targeted population using preventive practices. This will be done in close coordination with the HR department
– Supervise the maintenance and running of the gynecological equipment and drug consumption, preparing new orders when required and ensuring its rational use as well as that pharmacy stock level is permanently updated and available. This will be done in cooperation with the pharmacist and logistic staff, the management
– Give regular feedback to the line manager and report directly any issue or incident
– Perform hands-on tasks as part of the team whenever required or needed in order to optimize the resources and to contribute with his/her knowledge and experience
– Participate in monthly reports according to guidelines
Minimum Requirements and Competencies
– Essential: Medical Doctor diploma
– Essential: Specialized diploma in Obstetrics/Gynecology
– Essential: Dari/Pashtu: oral and written
– Essential: English: oral and written
– Other experiences in gynecologist positions are desirable
For this position, MSF will offer a relocation package for the candidates that do not live in Khost.
Find the main points of the relocation package (the details will be discussed during the last step of the recruitment process):
– Accommodation allowance (to cover a part of the rent for a house outside the compound where the candidate can live with her family) or MSF provide accommodation for the staff selected (only for the staff not for the familiars))
– Transportation to Kabul: At the end and beginning of the contract; Every 3 months for a week off leaves: For the circumstantial leaves
Working hours and salary
Shift work during the day, night, and weekends
Salary will be paid according to the MSF salary grid
The interested candidates should submit their applications before Thursday 8th of September 2022 at 4 pm with the CV, motivation letter, including references details and with supporting documents (certificates, diplomas etc.) to Médecins Sans Frontières, Administration Department , Khost Project via:
– In a sealed envelope at Médecins Sans Frontières Administration department MSF Khost Maternity Hospital, Matun Road 9, Khost City
– Email: [email protected]
The reference GYNAECOLOGIST must be stated in the application to be valid. If you do not clearly state the position for which you are applying & attach the required diploma & other supporting documents, your application may not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. This position is only open to MSF current staff members. Non MSF staff members are not eligible to apply.
MSF does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process. All applications are free for all candidates and no one should require any payment or compensation during the recruitment process. May the candidate be asked for any fee, he/she must report to MSF Administration through the recruitment contact.