Graphic Designer (Grade/Level NO-B)
- Post Date:October 24, 2022
- Views 50
- Career Level OfficerExperience 5 YearsGender Both
- Industry Computer and TechnologyQualification Bachelor DegreeSalary As per Organization Salary Scale
- Number of Opportunities 1Vacancy Number WHOAFG-2022-10-95Location Kabul
About World Health Organization:
The World Health Organization (WHO) is the technical and coordinating authority for health within the United Nations system. It is responsible for providing leadership in global health matters, shaping the health research agenda, setting norms and standards, articulating evidence-based policy options, providing technical and implementation support and monitoring and assessing health trends. In Afghanistan, WHO works to improve the health and well-being of all Afghans by preventing and reducing mortality, morbidity and disability and strengthening health services in close coordination with national and international partners.
Purpose of the Post:
In the context of WHO Health Emergencies The Graphic Designer will assist in data management and data analysis, visual communication materials and information products for WHE program.
Objectives of the Programme and the immediate Strategic Objective (Overview of the programme):
The mission of WHO’s Health Emergencies Program is to help countries, and to coordinate international action, when needed, in order to prevent, prepare for, detect, rapidly respond to, and recover from outbreaks and other public health emergencies
Organizational context (Describe the individual role of incumbent within the team, focusing on the intricacy and difficulty of working environment):
Under the overall guidance of the WHE Team Lead and technical supervision of the HIM, the incumbent will work in a medium-sized team. S/he is expected to perform his/her duties and responsibilities with highest degree of efficiency and sound judgment. The incumbent will be working within a team of five other colleagues in the health information management team, reporting to the head of risk assessment and health information
Duties & Responsibilities:
Summary of Assigned Duties (Describe what the incumbent has to do to achieve main objectives; include main achievements expected):
The incumbent will perform the following duties:
· Support to the Health Information Management to strengthen information generation for prioritization, coordination, monitoring and evaluation.
· Support in assessing the available health resources and services for primary and secondary healthcare using the adapted tools like Health Resource Availability Mapping System (HeRAMS)
· Adapt of the standard rapid health assessment tools for implementation within the health cluster. Guide the health cluster agencies to gather the data and monitor the data gathering process
· Develop reliable data collection and data management tools, processes and systems including standardization of data format, sustainable structure of data collection, validation, analysis and eventually results dissemination.
· Formulate solutions for sustainable and efficient reporting processes.
· Generate of updated statistical and analytical reports as required based on the existing databases.
· Develop and maintain data capturing and data visualization systems including maps using appropriate GIS software.
· Support and leverage geographic data for map production and use in geographic information systems (GIS)
· Maintain the data gathered for the indicators proposed by WHO and health cluster and feed them to the central database on a regular basis
· Gather and maintenance of the data of different WHO projects in databases and conduct analysis and report against findings.
· Assistance in building national capacity and provide necessary training to the relevant personnel on the implementation of the development humanitarian health information system.
· Assistance in the design and compilation of various informatics products illustrating health impact and achievements based on collected data.
· Operationalize country-specific common data standards and promote them with partners.
· Provide technical Information Management support to Needs Assessment processes, specifically in data collection, processing/collation and analysis.
· Design and implement a structured dissemination plan for all information products and services as appropriate (e.g. web portal, mailing list, information centres, etc.) including the definition of standard operating procedures for clearing information products for release.
· Support the Office in the analysis and mapping of outbreak processed data and information and perform data quality and consistency control.
· Assist in the recruitment and training of data collectors and data entry personnel, if requested.
· Supervise Information Management Assistants.
· Any other duties as requested by the team lead
1) Producing results
2) Fostering Integration and Team work
3) Communicating in a credible and effective way
4) Moving forward in a changing environment.
5) Effective use of resources
Functional Skills and Knowledge:
· Demonstrated understanding of difference data collection methodologies.
· Proven skills to conduct statistical analysis.
· Ability to create, compile and holistically analyze diverse datasets.
· Demonstrated information management skill.
· Excellent Management and creative skills
· Excellent interpersonal communication skills, including effective negotiation and facilitation consensus building
· Ability to create maps using data.
· Experience in graphic design software development is an asset.
· Experience with relevant software such as: ArcGIS, SPSS, Ms Access, SQL, progress) is desirable.
Essential: Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent degree from a recognized university.
Desirable: Master’s degree in one of the above subjects
Essential: At least 5 years of professional working experience in information management, graphic designing, geospatial analysis and GIS mapping. Ability to work under pressure and work outside hours if needed. Good and strong knowledge of computer graphics packages
Desirable: Experience or sound knowledge of WHO mandate and goals in Health Action in Crises or experience in UN organization/agencies, international institutions, or NGOs. Good knowledge of WHO procedures and policies is highly desirable. A good knowledge of Afghanistan’s public health issues. Comfortable in a multicultural, multinational environments
Languages: Excellent English Verbal and Written communication skills, fluent in local languages.
– Good knowledge of Microsoft applications and computer graphics packages
– Knowledge of ERP/Oracle applications is an asset
« Screening of the candidates;
Ø Long List – The candidates shall be longlisted base on the minimum qualifications and relevant experience to the Vacancy Notice (VN).
Ø Short List – Further shortlist shall be done base on years of relevant experience, higher education and required skills.
« Assessment method:
Ø WHO may conduct written/presentation and interview or combination of the mentioned mediums to select the most qualified candidate.
Ø WHO is an equal opportunity employer and qualiﬁed women are particularly encouraged to apply and equally qualiﬁed female candidate will be given preference.
Interested applicants (Afghan National) meeting the above qualifications are requested to submit their applications quoting this Vacancy Announcement Number (WHOAFG-2022-10-95) along with their curriculum vitae, copy of National ID (Tazkira) to below mentioned email: [email protected]
Applications received after the closing date will not be considered. ONLY CANDIDATES UNDER SERIOUS CONSIDERATION WILL BE CONTACTED FOR INTERVIEW AND TEST.
WHO is a smoke free environment.