Graphic Design Specialist
- Post Date:December 13, 2022
- Views 40
- Career Level OfficerExperience 7 YearsGender Both
- Industry DesigningQualification Master’s DegreeSalary As per Organization Salary Scale
- Number of Opportunities 1Vacancy Number 2203353Location Kabul
About Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations:
FAO Afghanistan is investing, across all 34 provinces, in resilience reinforcing actions that focus on protecting agriculture livelihoods and local ecosystems, boosting local production of nutritious foods and cash-incomes, and safeguarding critical agriculture sectoral development gains achieved over the past couple of decades through revitalizing rural markets and economy. In 2022-2023, FAO will, under the life-saving assistance Outcome (1) of the UN Transitional Engagement Framework (TEF), focus on the following four priority actions: (i) Safeguarding Wheat Seed Security, (ii) Enhancing Local Production of Nutritious Food, (iii) Livestock Protection and Dairy Sector Support, and (iv) Restoring Irrigation Structures to Boost Cash Incomes. Additionally, FAO will contribute towards resilience building activities under Outcome 2 of the TEF.
This National Project Personnel position is SB4.
The Graphic Design Specialist works under the direct supervision of the Head of Communication, Reporting and Outreach, in close collaboration with the Communication and Knowledge Management Specialist and the Digital Communication Specialist.
The Graphic Design Specialist is responsible for the design of FAOAFG’s communication and visibility materials in support of FAOAFG’s implementation and delivery of communication strategies and activities.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Deliver creative ideas for print, electronic, web-based and animated presentation;
- Improve and edit art-work, photos, charts and other graphic elements;
- Assist with image editing;
- Develop creative communication and visibility concepts for projects;
- Prepare the pre-press event files and the web-versions for print or publication, ensuring all colours, text and graphic designs are print ready;
- Create functional and clear templates that can convey the product’s message without interfering with it;
- Identify and develop an overall layout that suits the product type;
- Work in consultation with the publication Editor and ensuring that the layout fits the intended audience (from a technical, professional and cultural standpoint);
- Design the layout of power point presentations, quarterly newsletter, web articles, reports, brochures, flyers, banners, posters, leaflets, books, training manuals and other communication/visibility materials for printing and electronic distribution, ensuring all products are in line with FAO’s visibility guideline;
- Ensure that all necessary designs have gone through the Publishing Workflow System;
- Deliver creative graphic and technical solutions for use of new media (virtual 3D words/boxes, postcards);
- Create animations for illustrative purposes such as animations, presentations and more advanced solutions (design of CD/DVD packaging, graphic digitalization);
- Provide guidance in relation to the design of materials to other communications officers; Drawing skills for illustrating training materials;
- Participate in accurate translations of content into Dari and/or Pashto;
- Perform any other duties as required.
- Advanced (Masters) degree or University (Bachelor) degree in Graphic Design, Fine Arts, or closely related field;
- For advanced degree at least five (5) years of relevant work experience in applications of graphic design for print and digital platforms;
- For university degree at least seven (7) years of relevant work experience in applications of graphic design for print and digital platforms;
- Working knowledge (level C) of English and local languages (Pashto and Dari);
- National of Afghanistan.
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Strong interpersonal and communication, reporting and presentation skills, analysis and interpretation of data, ability to work in a multicultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity;
- Good understanding and experience with UN development/ humanitarian program communication and advocacy work, particularly with FAO policies, communication procedures is an asset;
- Good computer skills with extensive experience in graphic designing and other communication tools and software such as: Photoshop, Aftereffect, Premier, Media Encoder, 3D Max, illustrator and InDesign;
- Good knowledge of protocol, good judgment and initiative;
- Self-driven and can work with minimum supervision;
- Previous work experience with the UN is an advantage.
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing).
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help please contact: [email protected]
- Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted.
- Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications
- For additional employment opportunities visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
HOW TO APPLY
- To apply, visit the recruitment website at Jobs at FAO and complete your online profile. We strongly recommend that your profile is accurate, complete and includes your employment records, academic qualifications, and language skills
- Candidates are requested to attach a letter of motivation to the online profile.
- We encourage applicants to submit the application well before the deadline date.
- If you need help, or have queries, please contact: [email protected]
FAO IS A NON-SMOKING ENVIRONMENT
Female applicants are highly encouraged to apply.